This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

needles...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

In my ears for a change smiley - laugh - had my ears both pierced today smiley - zensmiley - divasmiley - handbag

Also bought a large, purple, floppy hat smiley - diva as one does smiley - zen and then phoned council to find out why they'd not collected the doors I'd arranged, and paid of them to collect... smiley - doh - they'd got the dat ewrong/given me the wrong date smiley - grrsmiley - bleep

needles...

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Collecting The Doors? What are you, the second coming of Jim Morrison? smiley - wowsmiley - grovel

smiley - pirate

needles...

Post 3

My friend had his ears pierced years ago. As a positive side effect he gave up smoking smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

needles...

Post 4

haa! - I quit smoking oo... last Febuary I think smiley - zen

The doors, are the two internal doors from the front room, I took down in the middle of the night when I wasn't sleeping, one day back last week smiley - laughsmiley - zen -

There is a masterplan for the new front room, and design of the floor of the house smiley - zen

living without boundrys, no containment = no doors smiley - zen positive clean lines, sleek smooth pure real wood (beech or oak) floor, flowing, through the utility room, through the kitchen, through the doorless gap, into the front room, and on, and out, through the doorless gap and onto the middle landing smiley - zen getting rid of the doors now made sense to just get things underway; still need to find kitchen/tuility room fitter, and painter decorator for front room, then floor fitter must be found smiley - zen - then, eventually the wood will continue, down; replacing the flooring (ancient falling to bits tiles) on teh dowsnstairs stairs, and in the downstairs hallway smiley - zen and then, ultimatly a new front door too smiley - zen (downstairs halway and stairwell need repaitning walls ceilings too), -0 = already have wooden stained/vaarnished stairs heading upwards from middle landing, and to all wooden floor upstairs already (may need resanding and restaining/varnishing) smiley - zen

I guess.
were one so minded, to do so;

You might, even, be minded to say, something, perhaps along the lines of;

I rather like wood smiley - whistle

needles...

Post 5

Wood is magnificent smiley - whistle

But it has become quite expensive over the years smiley - erm

I'm in a years long process of refurbishing my combined dining and sitting room. Next I'll have to invest in three rather long and deep bookshelves for my hifi, tv, bluray etc. Plus a number of large books. I dare not think about the expenses smiley - groan

smiley - pirate

needles...

Post 6

For the flooring in the front room/dining area, and middle landing, I think looks like about £1500 just for matterials smiley - yikes - but, it'll last hell of a lot longer than carpet would smiley - zen and anyhow, its what we ... I want there smiley - zen (not looked around vastly to find cheaper pricing mind) smiley - zen - at some point we'll get a carpenter in, to fix some massive long shelves at the front of the room, for all our combined CDs, some shelving underneath for HiFi and probably TV, and then I'll probably put up the bookshelves for W, in the spare room (to be his study room), and in the long upstairs cooridor (can fit shelves along the long wall to cover it with William's books) smiley - zen can save some on some of the wooden furnature - one of the charity shops near me has some really great wooden furnature in, and all really cheap/afordible; for things like coffee tables, and occasional tables etc - and probably some more bedside drawers for bedroom eventually smiley - zen with all the painting decorating, new bathroom, kitchen, utility room, including bits of replastering ceilings, plus re-doing flooring, replacing front door etc, all in we're hoping to get the lot done for less than £20K smiley - bigeyes hoping anyhow smiley - laughsmiley - doh

needles...

Post 7

Sounds inspiring smiley - bigeyes

I hope this inspires my lottery as well smiley - laugh

smiley - pirate

needles...

Post 8

Had a visitor late morning smiley - whistle then W and I went for short walk to nearby charity shop... found large, long, solid wood table, with a sor tof shelf under, very heavy, about 5 foot long smiley - cool only £20! - not overly far away... so we carried it home smiley - laugh I was wearing my full length arabic blue robe/dress thing, with a large wide black leahter elt, and I wore my purple big new floppy hat smiley - divasmiley - handbag new purple suade handbag still not arrived smiley - doh nor, the purple corset smiley - dohsmiley - diva been doing towel laundry today too... its still in the dryer smiley - doh feeling a bit exausted now so maybe nap time smiley - sleepy

Key: Complain about this post