This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

end of an era...?

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyessmiley - drumroll lodger moving... moving... virtually moved out. Gonna be such a lot of cleaning for me to do, but, he'll be gone.... Unfortunately a certain amount of his junk left behind, that I'm gona dump (plus getting rid of things like old bits of furnature, and having total sort out of my junk)... some will go to charity shops mind including a few large bags of stuff we're t taking there for the lodger) smiley - erm just trying to make sure now he's got everything he wants... anthing left behidn, I'm dumping... smiley - zen

end of an era...?

Post 2

All remaining lodgers 'stuff' either in bags in hallway downstairs for collection by council (just booked, can't colect until 16 th March damnit...) or/and carried up the road, and donated to the charity shops. front room decluttered and cleaned, and bedroom upstiars totally decluttered and ready to be cleaned (gona clean that tomorrow) smiley - zensmiley - puff onward s and upwards smiley - puff

gosh. there is floor in the front room. smiley - wow which, I dunno... one might say, for example be thrown onto and... roughly ... 'used' smiley - bruisedsmiley - blushsmiley - drool sexercise is good for loosing weight nad getting fit afterall smiley - whistlesmiley - boing off to ten pin bowling tonight, was at yoga yesterday, seeing benifits advisor with W Friday to check if I can get any mor ethan what I'm on, etc, and next Friday Endorinology appointment/clnic, following Friday gas boiler being serviced I think smiley - zensmiley - puffsmiley - bigeyes tomorrow I thinik is clean lodger's old rom, then try get the big HiFi set up in the front room smiley - evilgrinsmiley - musicalnote and, at some point, the huge task of moving clothes into teh walk in wardrobe we have now got to use smiley - erm well... i say 'we' depends how much space my stuff takes up, if I let W have any smiley - laughsmiley - diva

new dark brown leather bodycon Skirt oughta arrive by the end of the week smiley - divasmiley - discosmiley - boing

must go drink tea, then shower before ten pin bowling... apparently we've gotten through 80 teabags (just Indian tea), in under a week... smiley - erm is that a lot? smiley - tea

end of an era...?

Post 3

Wand'rin star

It is if there's only you drinking it, but probably better than that amount of coffee, which I lean towards because recent research seems to suggest it dampens the alcohol. All hogwash anyway -I have shocked my diabetes nurse by stopping some of my drugs, but I reckon I'm as educated about them as she is. I also refused a flu jab for the third consecutive year and touch wood (or any comparable superstition) haven't even had a cold in that time.
Glad to see there's interesting things happening in your lifesmiley - starsmiley - star

end of an era...?

Post 4

Vip

Wow. Your lodger has probably been with you - or at least, 'a' lodger - since I've known you. The end of an era indeed.

smiley - fairy

end of an era...?

Post 5

yes... he'd been here since I moved back to Cambridge, after my Masters degree in Manchester... err... so since about 2002? smiley - yikessmiley - weird Oh... my... BoB... dust... he was collecting dust in his bedrom. and cobwebs.... I felt Like I was in a horror moovie at one point; I was up to as far as the window, and trying to dislovdge dust from it, and the curtain, and I got tangled up in cobwebs smiley - yikes after I escaped... I got the screw driver and took down the curtain poke, and put the cutain pole plus curtain straight into the outside bin K smiley - yuksmiley - yuk two wet clothes over the doorframe and window frame to remove dust, then another cloth just on the wndow window sort of inside bits, to remove dust, then window cleaner stuff... smiley - wow swep and sweep and sweep and mop and mop and mop and dust... its... sort of vaguely clean now smiley - laughsmiley - puff list of 'to do' things is coming togehter; get decorators for qote on redecorating front room and main bedroom, plus tings like putting up new curtain rails and replacing doors, plus get to bathroom place, and source and arrange and get quotes for new bathroom, plus finding electirction to fix a few things in the house, and phonecall to window company to get quote on replacing front door, then get tiler for tiling downstairs hallway, and once that is done, can think about redecorating rest of house, and getting quotes for new kitchen and utility room smiley - puff oh, and arranaign the wedding for May smiley - puff and hospital appointments still and things smiley - laugh busy... and tryign to keep up with laundry, and regular housework and day to day cooking and stuff also of course; plus soon helping William to move the last of his things to here smiley - puffsmiley - sleepy all through the haze of chemo brain and chemo and radiotherapy fatigue smiley - laugh which reminds me, must find out about local pilates classes and yoga near me, so I can get more into that and just increase exercise (so gotta lose this three stone I've put on during chemo etc... - though I expect some of the weight gain is because I'm so hypothyroidic ATM: gona try push with endocrine prof next week to find out why I'm not on thyroxin yet ) smiley - zen late geting round to dinner tonight... I shoudl shower... but... smiley - sleepy maybe i shoudl skip the showe rand go to the pub instead smiley - alesmiley - run

end of an era...?

Post 6

Deb

I'm exhausted just reading about your life smiley - rofl. What you need is a combined interior designer &wedding planner to do all the research and just present you with the choices.

Deb smiley - cheerup

end of an era...?

Post 7

either that... or... having no cancer/chemo/radiation fatigue and/or the chemo brain would help... although... so would having slept at all last night smiley - laugh insomnia is great smiley - sleepy = well I did get to listen to music on the IPod and drink tea all night long smiley - laugh now to do breakfast, then to put away last of the laundry, do housework for the day, and disassble the hifi upstiars, and move it down here, and put it together again, and set up a new set of speakers with it, and rearrange the front room a bit, whilst W is back at his, sorting out more of his stuf for moving here smiley - puff this calls for.... louder music to motivate me... electronica ... or metal me thinks ... smiley - musicalnote but first... breafast smiley - runsmiley - friedegg

end of an era...?

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Congratulations on being in possesion of your whole home!
smiley - towel

end of an era...?

Post 9

Wand'rin star

Is that as opposed to "whole mind"? Where have you put the string winder? smiley - starsmiley - star

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more