This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

ouch...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - wahsmiley - laugh it could... only be me smiley - wah Proof if any needed of there being bad pain, as well as the more eubictious good pain smiley - winkeyesmiley - handcuffs

err, last night, about 11 PM, my right eye started getting sore... by middnight was really quite painful, so tried for bed.

4 AM and I was at A&E smiley - laughsmiley - zen after a cab ride there with W.

damn stupid silly not working tear ducs means my eyes don't lubricate themselves anymore, since the chemo drugs ruined the tear ducts (yes I can't actually produce tears either, when I cry... which is very annoying too).

prodded and poked in A&E for about 4 hours (OK mainly just waiting round), eventually got some novacaine eye drops to stop the pain temporily smiley - zen

then at 9.30 walked from AY&E to the emergency eye clnic, and got prodded and pokek again smiley - bruised came to a differnt conclusions, saying not an infection (which A&E thought, but just the dry eye thing). gave me more eye drops. and no pain relief. smiley - wah

ouch.

currenly using one eye drop type into both eyes every two hours, and inbetween that have another two differnt eye drops... all basically artifical teas really I think which... I guess are gradually helping.

but. ouch. smiley - wah gona hve to try bed I guess at some point. not slept in days.

ouch...

Post 2

Mol - on the new tablet

Ouch indeed smiley - hug - eye pain is even worse than tooth pain imo.

Mol

ouch...

Post 3

I know I've a .... slightly odd 'relationship' with pain, but. eye pain is... or, rather this* pain in my eye is, truely aweful.

I don't think I've got an overly wimpish thing with pain; a few weeks ago I had the op to remove my port, in my chest; by the end of the op, the anasetic had worn off, but, as the pain wasn't too bad, I didn't think it worth telling them/the surgin,; she did obviously pick up I was reacting a bit, I assume on my breast, as she started stitching, but as it wasn't overly horrible pain, I just told her to continue stitching which she did... err... yeh, that was as nothing compaired to how my eye hurts now smiley - laughsmiley - zen One day... one day I'll be a pain ninjya though smiley - evilgrinsmiley - handcuffs until then... - I want more novacaine! smiley - laugh (seriously, those cocaine eye drops are the best!; the pain just vanishes so quickly... a pity they woudln't give me any to take home, and the affect wears off in less than an hour smiley - wahsmiley - bruised )

now. to be a 'brave boy'/'girl' - got to open the eye again, and put more ordinary artifical tears in smiley - zen - was so painful again today, by morning, as they'd dried out overnight whilst I was asleep (hey, at least I slept!) = already put one dose of drops in, so must be time for more now smiley - zen

here goes.

eye open.
ahh. ouch. err. yep. that is ungood pain.

drops.

ouch. ouch.

*wiggles eye about to move drops over eye surface*

smiley - ermsmiley - ermsmiley - erm
smiley - bleepsmiley - bleepsmiley - bleep

ahhhh. mmm. that feels better. soothed!

ouch...

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

That is good to hear smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

ouch...

Post 5

now I need to put more in... that didn't even last an hour... and used an entire vial of the drops... smiley - shrug so almost to 45 minute applications now. How this is ment to be a viable way to be forever I'm so not sure... glad to see a quick search online reveals various treatments for blocked/misufunctioning t tear ducts, which they've never mentioned at hospital. Mind, of course, they've never examined the tear ducts to see if they are dammaged either.

ouch...

Post 6

ITIWBS

At the hospital yesterday getting a ct urology scan.

When it was done, the technician asked me if I'd need the temporary port used to inject the dye contrast media for anything else before removing it.

ouch...

Post 7

like a regular canular in the arm vein? - at least he asked!; it was annoying sometimes being at hospital, having a line like that put in, then removed.... then half an hour later needing another one pt in for another blood sample, or injection etc smiley - doh - I've very few blood vessels they can use for a canular in my arm, hence why I had the port in my chest for all the chemo drugs smiley - zen

ouch...

Post 8

oo; is that the die that makes it feel like you've wet yourself, when they inject it?; that stuff is so weird smiley - laughsmiley - blush - at least they useually warn you it might make you feel the sensation before you go in otherwise I guess that coudl really throw you smiley - blushsmiley - doh

ouch...

Post 9

ITIWBS

Yep, it can be annoying.

I've got small white scars where they used to put the needle in to draw blood, but the technicians are still finding veins to use for the purpose.

I've so far had two tumors of different kinds surgically removed.

Both proved, thankfully, to be benign.

The current urology problem has had me hospitalized on an emergency basis twice and is a complex problem, possibly centering on a 9 mm mystery object in the right kidney.

At any rate, I get shooting pains there when the problem is kicking up.

ouch...

Post 10

I've one vein that sometimes comes up, on my right arm they can access; the veins on my left are now worse as the neuropathy seems to have been worse on my left arm; I'm sure I've still some veins by my wrist/hand, but they never seem to want to use them... smiley - weird - problem is I think the one vein they seem to find on my right arm, is my only vein; the arm onwards from the elbow goes totally numb when they acess that vein smiley - weird
My main problem is now, trying to find doctors who will pay attention to anything, rather than just ignoreing it, their behavior is often so irrational I can't fathom it at all, and now oncology have decided I'm in remission, is like they jus don't want to hear anything I say now. Endocrinology keep denying I've got hypothyroiditus, well, the doctors do, the nurses agree with me, as I and my nurses can read numbers and so we know what my blood results show my endocrine system is doing... It doesn't make any sense, which is just baffling. May have to give up at some point and go private if I can concentrate enough to research the op I might try get a private op to fix the broken tear ducts as a perminant fix to the dammage oncology caused to them.

Key: Complain about this post