This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

NaJoPoMo 28 Nov - 2legs.

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - puff way too much hospital stuff this week smiley - laughsmiley - puff

the new gorgeous purple dress is gorgeous and purple and linen and lined though. And, the weather is far too cold for wearing it. Which, of course, hasn't stopped me wearing it out a few times, with leggings, and useually the red blazer/jacket and/or wool coat smiley - puffsmiley - brrsmiley - divasmiley - handbag

Scan Monday. Dr on Weds oncology/hematology/Radiology clinic said scan shos that remission thing, still which is good I guess smiley - zen - mind, he also said the MDT was to look at it, or something, and I'd get a call today about it... Which I didn't get of course smiley - doh

the Dr clinic was Wednesday, and asides mentioning that scan, from Monday, he didn't really say much... Asides revealing he wasn't quite sure what chemo I'd had, as he seemed to think I'd had vinchristae not vinblastin, as the responsible agent for my neuropathy smiley - ermsmiley - shrug same kinda thing/agent I know, but... not what I had innit... smiley - doh
mentioned to him the neuropathy, the cognative stuff, and things, and he sort of said it might get better... Mentioned the knackered shoulder/arm from radiation and he said... it oughta get better, adn we left smiley - alienfrown
not entirely sure the purpose of those clinic meetings, seem a waste of time really, not like they do a physical examination smiley - shrug

oh they did bloods beforehand and then didn't mention them, so I assume they were OK. smiley - zen

and they weighed me. smiley - wahsmiley - cry put on more weight, damn steroids. smiley - grr

Endocrinology clinic was this morning smiley - puff

Last testosterone (the second so far) was the 22 Oct, and I'd just started having hot flushes before that injection; the blood test on the day of the 22 revealed my testosterone as being 5, so it'd gone below 'normal range' within two months smiley - weird

which is kinda good.... as it ment Prof was fine to let me book in for another injection of testosterone, at the end of Dec, just before I fly away for Chriastmas to ... snowier climates smiley - laughsmiley - dragonsmiley - whistle

Got the low-down on the MRi of the pituitary, the sphegmoid sinus, that is full of 'fluid' associated with the hemoridge of 1994 (my first brain hemorridge), is 'stable', - as it appears the same on a scan I had back in 2008. it seems the responsible agent for dammaging my anterior pirtuitary smiley - zen neurology (who apparently remember me from 93/94), say there isn't a need to drain it; as it'd likely cause more dammage than good doing smiley - erm

Possibility however I may end up loosing TsH, and thereby need thyroxin at some stage smiley - doh

Prof doesn't think I can have HGF replacement as it may increase risk of lymphoma returning, but he's gona check that with oncology smiley - zen pity as HGF would help me regain some control on weight I think, amongst other positive effects of replacing the missing hormone smiley - doh

he said my test on adrenal function shows I do need to carry on the hydrocortisone, so BoB-knows how I can ever lose weight, I've now about 3 stone to return to my weight before chemo started smiley - grrsmiley - dohsmiley - cry

Asides that... didn't do much else this week, though I did get a pair of rather thin thermal gloves, that seem to be working OK so far. smiley - zen

Wish my spatial awareness would return. made a loverly crunching sound, and maybe broke my nose a bit earlier, plugging the laptop in; smashed my head into the wall, full force. smiley - dohsmiley - bruised getting loverly cuts on my feet too from doorways, etc, luckily my shoulders don't seem to bruise too easily smiley - ermsmiley - doh

Didn't sleep last night, so sat up listening to music all night on IPod before heading to hospital, caught up a bit though, and dozed for 45 minutes this afternoon.

Didn't sleep well Monday night, as I was hot and cold at the same time; how is that even possible? - maybe the injected die/contrast agent for the scan made that worse than the normal inability now to regulate my body temp. or, rather my inability to know what my body temp is.very odd. smiley - alienfrown

off to see Deep Purple, in London, Thursday, with a friend....

not much in diary cept for testosterone injection on 21 Dec I think it is, which I'll probably combine with going to get my port flushed; can't really organise it being removed now, until the new year, then, of course flying out on teh 23rd Dec smiley - whistlesmiley - zoom

Did try to arrange port removal today, but probably spoke to wrong person as they weren't helpful; now both endocrinology and oncology have confirmed they don't need it... smiley - zen can't wait for it to go... and it'd save the bother of having to visit the hospital every month to get it flushed... smiley - doh

may go to bed soon as its just gone 1 AM, and I think I've had about 6 hours sleep the last 96 or so hours/4 days or so... smiley - ermsmiley - shrug

not tired at all natch.

NaJoPoMo 28 Nov - 2legs.

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more