This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

NaJoPoMo 11 Nov - 2legs - a do nothing day...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Pretty boring day here today smiley - yawn

Got up... and smiley - wow pulled back the curtains to bright sunshine smiley - wow so nice and warm...

Too warm to need leggings or stockings...

so put the long black (I think linen maybe cotton) skirt on, which isn't as thick/warm as the red skirt, and hangs beautifully, and flairs out slightly towards my ankles (quite swishy), sort of hmm... not sure how you describe it, folded over bits... kinda like pleets, near the bottom 1/3 of its length, but, not top to bottom pleats, kinda cross and not long each... but they do sort of 'circle downwards' so arn't exactly straight side-to-side... hmm.

There's probably a whole complex set of terminology, that my previous 39 years of wearing clothes didn't prepare me for...

Well, guess everyone has to start learning it at some point...

anyhow, as it was warm, just wore that skirt, with no leggings, and the black cotton blouse I had on yesterday, until mid-afternoon when it got a bit cooler, so I put some beige leggings on, underneath the skirt. Oh, and white cotton panties today just in case anyone is insane enough to actually read this rubbish... smiley - diva

drank coffee in the morning, took morning meds, threw in some celluvisc eyedrops (starting to really think my left eye is recovering tear-production itself, which... oh I do hope they start producing tears again, as odd as it sounds, loosing the ability to produce tears, and thereby not being able to cry properly, due to the action of the chemo drugs... that's... Something which has made me so sad smiley - crysmiley - wah ) I mean, obviously, losing tear production is kinda nnoying in having to put drops in daily, but no where near as bad as the debilitation of the neuropathy and concentration and spatial awareness changes, losing the concept of time and, stuff, etc, but, well... Still horrible losing the ability to do such a human act as cry... smiley - zen

anyhow... then it was past breakfast time... closer to lunch... smiley - alienfrown

so I had brunch. smiley - laugh

a very large duck egg, some grated cheddar, and the last two slices/rashers of bacon from my Birthday Bacon, grilled, and sliced, made into an omelette smiley - drool

Came out fabulusly smiley - drool

Though, rather hungry now, this evening, rather early smiley - doh so maybe I'll do an early dinner soon.

In the afternoon i sorted through E-Mails, and cleaned the kitchen and utility room, including mopping and sweeping in them, plus rinsed through the purple dress I put in to soak last night, and hung that up to dry smiley - zensmiley - diva

Spent a while sorting E-mails, then replying to various people on the Mcmillen internet forums, including a newly diagnosed Hodgkin's lymphoma patient who sounds... very scared in an extremely familiar sort of way... smiley - sadface had a hunt about on EBay but failed to spot anything marvelously good and cheap/bargan-esk...

Think I'll make an early dinner soon, stir fried chicken slices, mushrooms, beansprouts and noodles again, with sessamae oil, sessamae seeds, and soya sauce I think... smiley - chefsmiley - diva

After dinner, and stuff, I'll shower... due to exfoliate today smiley - diva though don't need to condition my hair just wash it, as I conditioned it yesterday smiley - zensmiley - diva and, I think, this evening, I'll relax and potter about (need to do some tidying in the bedroom), in my new linen dress that arrived a day or two back... Almost certainly wearing leggings with that... its fairly short smiley - blush on me smiley - laugh wel... sort of near knee length smiley - blushsmiley - divasmiley - handbag

Was reading some blogs and stuff online earlier, and spotted an odd 'trend', in a few T-girls, expressing their 'fear' or something, at going out the first few times, cross-dressed... smiley - alienfrown 'fear'? smiley - huh why? smiley - erm nah. just dont' get that... Just seemed such an odd thing, to notice so many people having said on various blogs etc, all in simular ways... I guess I just don't really give a ... smiley - flyingpig about what anyone might think/say etc... I mean... err... I don't even get why I should care, far less actually care... smiley - ermsmiley - weird

Still hoping I've more weird left to discover.

Oh, and the moustache is coming on well... and feels OK... (thought it'd be feeling odd, or itchy, never having had a beard or moustache before) smiley - diva

right... food time I think... I'm starving... and I must eat up the last few fruit yoghurts from the fridge, before they're out of date, later smiley - zensmiley - chef

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 3

Mol - on the new tablet

It sounds like a gored skirt ... if that helps ...

Mol (skirt-wearer for 45 years but still not entirely sure of all the terminology)

Post 4

coelacanth

I read this about identifying gender earlier, and thought of you.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-34776343
smiley - bluefish

Post 5

OO... tar muchly both smiley - zen

hmm.... re that BBC article... -Surely it shoudln't stop me identifying my own gender though? smiley - laugh

having said which. - my feet still 'smell female', as does err... not to say too much but... well, my armpits just before I wash, if I've not used deoderant are female scented now... seriously. - this all started with my drop in testosterone the scent thing, but, its not switched back yet as far as I can tell smiley - laugh

err. and yes. male and female feet, and armpits do smell distinctively differnt err. I just know smiley - laughsmiley - snork - see that hole... yes I did dig it that deep smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - zensmiley - angel

In some respects I do often wonder to myself, why things seem to be 'so complicated' but... they just are... - yeh perhaps it was a bit easier wehre and when 99.9999% of the time we just knew that was a 'male' that is a 'female' and... it was all binary (or at least everything semeed more binary).

I've just ... gotten less and less binary... smiley - laugh in oh so many ways smiley - snork
9digs a few more foot down deper in teh hole*)
smiley - laugh

labels are just so often as much so... not right for ... some people sometimes, some ways... smiley - huh
I've been through just about all of them at various times I think smiley - laugh

as goes the gender identification thing, and being blind, I came to a simular realisation in a differnt light, not that long ago, and ahd to ditch my odnw label of being 'bisexual', in favor of 'pansexual', as, although at first I did wonder why yet another label had been identified for seemingly something that already had a lbel, it ... just fits betterer smiley - zen - hard to kinda explain, but, its I guess, less that 'I'm attracted to a female', and 'I'm attracted to a male', - = biexual, and, more that... I just honstly don't necessarily register or click that the person happens to be male or female... - theyre tall... slim... a scientist, an artist, a cyclist a trumpet player, a flutist... they're all just... just aspects of a person and the fact they're male/female/whatever is just... right way down low on the list of important features about them, down somewhere at teh bottom of the pile along with which town they were born in, or what colour their skin happens to be smiley - huh er... (I think that makes sense?) smiley - laugh

Oh.... smiley - blush even I am doubting hether I can wear this new gorgeous red M&S linen dress in public.... = its.... a bit shorter than I thought at first and... err.... = i really would expect W to say 'you're not going out dressed like that!', were I to try go out in this smiley - laugh its a front buttoned tunic style one, though, so I might... be able to pretend I've some dignity left to preserve, and add a few more buttons onto the bottom fo the line that is alreayd there, to make it ... a bit ... longer smiley - laughsmiley - snork

Post 6

smiley - evilgrin I think* I can just about get away wearing this dress in public... with stockings it kinda hides a bit the fact that it is quite as short as it is... Hmm.... Assuming William will let me out of the hosue wearing it smiley - laughsmiley - evilgrin 8twirls* smiley - diva oo... so... sort of floaty still... smiley - blush mind... I best not twirl like that in public unless I want everyone to know what colour my knickers are smiley - laughsmiley - snork

Oh.... lordy.... In some respeects..... I just don't get any 'better' do i? smiley - laughsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - run must go find some breakfast.... not sure... maybe eggs again... or... dunno.... not sure what lese is lurking in the fridge... smiley - run

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

That is an interesting article. Made me uncomfortable with the phrase "this not knowing if I'm talking to a man or a woman is something new and disconcerting." because I'm not sure when it should really matter, but then "which pronoun do you prefer?" is spot on.

It would be easier for binary people if things were assumed to be more binary, but for the nonbinary people it wouldn't be... Even now, I find it isn't easy to get people to see *me* rather than what people judge me to be, even though I do try quite hard to project the right image... My partner's friend who can't see me didn't seem to be disconcerted when we met in person for the first time, though, so that was interesting and perhaps demonstrates my voice is more me than I think it is!

I'm interested in the scent thing - can you put into words what the difference is?

" 8twirls* smiley - diva oo... so... sort of floaty still... smiley - blush "

That's a fabulous description! smiley - biggrin Glad to read you're enjoying your new purchases smiley - biggrin

Post 8

yes... I thought that use of the word 'disconcerting' just... err, not sure if I found it odd, or just... err... incomprehensible smiley - laugh I just don't think I'm necessarily over conscious of wahter if I'm talking to a biolgoical male or female, actually makes any differnce really, much, how i'd interact with someon e anyhow smiley - ermsmiley - weird

the scent thing... no... - perhas its more feramones I'm picking up, differnt ones I'm making now? BoB knows! smiley - laugh - though my own scent has ... gone back to more how It was in some ways, I think, definatel not totally so smiley - laughsmiley - blushsmiley - angel

<wah.

smiley - wah

William didn't let me go out in the short dress... - well, yeh, even i thought it a bit short, and given the temp outside, perhaps a sensible move really smiley - laugh

so I wore my long black skirt, a purple top and a red beaded jacekt smiley - diva

stopped in the Street and talked a while with a local pub landlord we know well... who either didn't seem to notice, or didn't comment that I'm dressed a little differntly than he's used to having seen me smiley - laugh - mind, he didn' t comment on my moustache either smiley - laugh had a look round the charity shops, but notihing really much cept one blouse, but I wasn't sure on teh size or matterial, so didn't bother smiley - doh

bought a random collection of ingredients that I'll now have to try construct soemthing from for dinner...
pork chops... kidney beans... tomato sived stuff err pasanta? err, potatos... and, err, not sure now probably some other stuff too... oh, and butter and bread smiley - zen

W liked me in the new dress though... judging by his response to it smiley - whistlesmiley - handcuffssmiley - bruisedsmiley - angelsmiley - droolsmiley - loveblushsmiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more