This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

once more into the...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

hospital. of course smiley - biggrinsmiley - groan
tomorrow. that is smiley - zen

booked in for a CT of the brain, or at least what passes for one in my body, at 5 PM. smiley - zen
gona go in early though, and let William work his magic on the people up in oncology, see if I can get to see a consultant or doctor, to look at the lump MK2, plus inform them about the pain and loss of sensations in my left arm... - oddly, its not following a classic patturn for bracchial plexus dammage... no actual tingling in the fingers (as was the case with the neuropathy not wa far ago), its more... a weakness in the hand, and pain throughout the foream, top of the arm, and on the back of the shoulder.

touch perception is odd all along the arm, and onto and over th top of the reast on that side which is... kinda annoying smiley - grrsmiley - weird

quite a bit of fibrosis sort of top of breast/directly nder collar bone on that side, which I guess kinda makes sense... guess it might be lymphodemia instead but... well I'm not really clinical enough in my knowledge smiley - dohsmiley - cdouble

also need to hunt down a suitable nurse somewhere to flush through the port, as that's due to be done before the end of the week, - not always easy finding somone who's actually able to access the port, pity they're not organising it, and actually having an arranged time with a given person who is able; just hope there's someone floating about up in bloods by oncology who can do it smiley - zen - positively mind, I don't even seem to feel it anmore when they throw the needle into the port, guess the areas getting de-sensatised over on the other breast too by the port site smiley - weird
hopefully not back too late from hospital, but it'll take up most the day, as we'll probably leave here about 1.30 to get the bus, and, well, before that I'll hopefully just be waking up, getting meds inside and food/calories to balance out the insulin weirdness caused by the hydorcortisone smiley - weirdsmiley - sleepy

if we can't get the port flushed tomorrow, or see anyone in oncology, we can try again thursday I think, as I'm in to hospital again, for the eye clinic to look at the cornia dammage from the manfunctioned tear duct, caused by the chemo smiley - groan
smiley - puffsmiley - sleepy
hoping to get some time off hospital visits soon smiley - grovel and definately am, at the very end of sep, start of October smiley - whistlesmiley - droolsmiley - loveblushsmiley - angel

Thin I've got a follow up thinggy next week, wednesday perhaps with radiology but I'm not entirely sure; W keeps the diary... he can actually remember things like appointments afterall smiley - laughsmiley - doh

Also, of the positive, I bathed earlier... a long... epic bath... involving a Lush Dragon's egg, bath bomb, and, the bath melt... err... coldren colourend... coldron ... whatever its called smiley - laugh
Oh, and coconut shampoo, of course... - damnit.... - now I've finished chemo I've gotta start shaving my legs again smiley - blushsmiley - divasmiley - snork
anyhow... I think the hot hot bath might have helped, not only with the aching muscles and knees and back and stuff, but...
the lump under the armpit... - unless I'm very mistaken, is 'coming to a head', sort of centrally - and to me at least feels an aweful lot like a boil head... which is good... well... boils are a bit better than cancer I think... and i say that with experince of both now smiley - laughsmiley - silly
Mind... if it is a boil... then smiley - bleep me, its massive, judging y the golf-ball sized portion, within the tissue... smiley - erm mind, guess some of that oculd be lefover scar tissue from the rads... smiley - zensmiley - scientist

half way through teh antibiotic course, when I take the morning one smiley - zen if it is a boil, hopefull they're doing some good and attacking it smiley - zensmiley - grovel mind... knowing my luck/experience of boils; as I've been, err... told in no uncertain terms, that I'm not allowed to do my useual, home DIY lancing and draining on it, it'll prob end up rupturing in the middle of the night smiley - laugh
not useually a problem... but I'll be so doppy wih the sleeping tablet smiley - laugh - well the tissue box is always asides the bed, so I've thrown a bottle of alcohol steralising gel next to the bottle of lube... just in case it decided to explode with a bang tonight... - actually it'd be quite a relief if it did, a lot of my current yuckieness in general is vaguely simular to that I've had before, with boils in the past smiley - yuksmiley - laugh and clearing the infection off, would give me immune system a bit of a holiday too smiley - zen

bleh. must try get to go do something other than hospital trips, or pottering about the house feeling rubbish, to do this week... maybe plunder the charity shops again, for more blouses and things smiley - blush though I'm probably feeling way too rubbish to do that ATM smiley - dohsmiley - drool and ther are only so many baths a girl can have in a week smiley - laughsmiley - silly

must find out if there's a period of non-planned hospital trips soon, and think about another break away for W and I... find somewhere nice to take him, if I've regained back the energy I had, at the start of this week before the testosterone injection Tuesday and that which came after smiley - dohsmiley - yawn

right... must go drink this tea, pop a sleeping tablet and head to bed, or I won't be out of bed until ... err... whatever time is eight hours after I take the sleeping tablet smiley - runsmiley - zen

once more into the...

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Well, got them to extend the CT from just brain, to the pelvis... and was examined briefly by a doctor smiley - zen some screw up with the nurses ment they didn't use my port, but instead threw a line thing into my arm, which took them ages and ages and involved two nurses to figure out smiley - laugh
and, then ment I could n't use, or move my right arm, for about three hours; and as its the left one that is really knackered, ment doing anything was... tricky. like having a pee smiley - snorksmiley - blush W had to help me smiley - laughsmiley - blush
well, then the CT scan without, then with die/contrast agent, and finally got the line out of my arm.

ouch. ouchy ouch ouch. - well they made my left arm feel better!; by making the righ t one hurt so much smiley - laugh luckily, now, the pain has gone and circulation sensation returned to the right arm, so back to the more useual left arm hurting, left armpit hurting and lack of actual sensation in the arm/chest on that side, at the same time smiley - huh

told nurses and doctor about the lose of sensation n that side, but they didn't seem to care. nice.

did get some maybe positive thing; talking to the nurse in charge, she said I should have had follow up clinic appointments after chemo; whcih I haven't had, and she said she'd chase them up... smiley - zen

Doctor said there is an infection, area, at the surface at least, but he couldn't tell if that exteds fully into the i tissue, to account for the now even larger lump under the skin smiley - zen -hence the Ct; biopsy possibly once CT results in.

gona see out the antibiotics, and phone in to the cancer assessment unit, again, if anything worsens (or, more accurately, if I can sense if it worsenses), and/or GP etc., should it erupt and not 'clear itself up', as it were smiley - zensmiley - wah

didn't get back until late... smiley - sleepy

just cooked W and I a risotto again for diner.... smiley - zen

sense of taste sill so wonky... smiley - weird

may shower now I fink. kinda. err. gone into multiple sweats/hot flushes today; some for novily factor, caused by the contrast agent used fo rthe scan smiley - laugh and, yeh... so need a shower to wake me up I think smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more