This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

bathology

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I think I could develop my bathing skills even more smiley - laugh
unusually had an afternoon bath today. smiley - zen which was, qualativiyly differnt I guess smiley - zen
off out hmm, in about an hour I think, for the meal with the people I used to ten pin bowl with (hope to ten pin bowl again before long...) smiley - zen
which reminds me, must double check the menu again, see if I can decide before I go what I want to eat... and, decide how good I'm going to be..... (I so need to lose weight smiley - cry ).
Handed out some advice to another ABVD chemo patient (also with Hodgkin's ) earlier, who's been having lung function problems; was worried o about the affect having one of the chemo drugs removed from the mix, might have and getting somewhat... upset by a few things her doc had said... smiley - erm
Then found out, a bit later this afternoon, someone wlse I know, from online, with Hodgkin's, par way through her ABVD, has been rushed to shopotal and put into an induced coma (I'm guessing because of an infection or soemthing) smiley - erm Hmm. I should stop winging. err, wingeing.... I got off so light with treatment... I think ... so far smiley - laughsmiley - zen

gosh. is that the itime.... time... must get in another cup of tea, and do my nails, and cuticles, and sort out my ribbons... before I get picked up for the meal.... must check I've got everthing I won't need, in my handbag.... nail files... penknife.... viscotears... celluvisc.... sunglases.... hydrocortisone.... IPod... headphones, curticle oil pen... moisturiser... tissues, alcohol hand gel.... baby whipes... just the essentials smiley - run

bathology

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - zen I didn't forget anything in my handbag smiley - zensmiley - magic
Meal was good. (lamb shank, crocholli, carrots, mash, gravy etc., followed by tripple choc brownie, with cloted cream icecream smiley - drool ) smiley - blush so much... for the diet smiley - wah so gotta lose weight smiley - grrsmiley - wah
caught up with people, a bit, got lots of laughs with various ... storys from the ' 'coal face' of chemo day-ward in patient clinic smiley - laughsmiley - whistle and my vaious .... antics over the past four months smiley - laughsmiley - angel
felt. . . so kinda normal smiley - weird hmm. gives me much greater confedence over my mental inabilities thanks to the chemo drugs, mixing with... smiley - erm sort of I guess 'normal' 'average' people... Hmmm. most people just ... I guess... don't ... kinda think much... or... effectitely.... smiley - snorksmiley - blush Mind, got to impress an ex-MD guy who goes, with some of my knowledge on endochrinology and chemo stuff, - he was kinda interested in it, as he's not wokred medically for a no of years smiley - zensmiley - geeksmiley - scientist
had three pints of beer... at 5% smiley - yikes most I've had in... ages actually smiley - blush - well I did have three pints out, err, a week or so ago, but that was a pretty weak 3.6% beer that time smiley - zen the three pints was about enough for me, truth be told smiley - huhsmiley - ermsmiley - huhsmiley - huhsmiley - bigeyes no... seriuosly.... smiley - laugh - by the time I had the third... I was thinking how nice a cuppa smiley - tea would be smiley - laughsmiley - seniorsmiley - huhsmiley - whistle then came home, had smiley - tea and finished off a scotch egg, from the fridge, which was nearing its best before date... (guess I don't need to be so stupidly boringly worried aobut best before dates now... I can't be anywhere near neutropenic... I was up to about 4.? last bloods they did, and my total white count, and platelets etc were all pretty damn healthy as far as I'm concerned , and last bloods.... must have been a fortnight ago I guess smiley - erm ) smiley - zensmiley - scientist bit odd no follow up bloods booked at the moment... though I must visit GP to try arrange a olic acid blood test at some point... smiley - groansmiley - vampire at least the port won't need flushing again for a while, and then not until I'm into the RT, so that'll be easy enough to just pop along to either Hidlaguard up in vascular access, or visit someone in teh day unit, to get it flushed through, one day, after or before rads smiley - zensmiley - geeksmiley - nursesmiley - scientistsmiley - vampiresmiley - monstersmiley - alienfrown - anyhow, they may suddenly decide to re remove the port some time soon, a couple medically minded people at the shop mentioned it a few weeks back smiley - alienfrownsmiley - weird - I was more for leaving it in for now, but, guess it makes sense to remove it, if they want... one less thing that could go wrong I guess, and it'd save having to keep a note of when it was last flushed, as they don't seem to do so smiley - ermsmiley - weird
off into town tomorrow with W, to go have tea/coffee/lunch/cake with his daughter at about midday I think smiley - zen then... not surre what... dont' think there's a great deal of shopping I need.... still have plenty of Lush supplies in smiley - laughsmiley - blushsmiley - erm just feels weird... a couple of whole weeks, basically with no hospital appointments smiley - huh
just about decided dates to go away, with W, the end of next week, immediately before RT starts smiley - zensmiley - grovelsmiley - loveblushsmiley - erm Still got curtain rail to put up, as I didn't manage to do that today smiley - dohsmiley - grr have to remember to pack more rubbish in teh giant bag, before next weds, when council collecting the rubbish smiley - dohsmiley - alienfrown maybe bed soon. getting tired, and wanna be up fairly early I guess, for going out into town smiley - zensmiley - tea

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more