This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

sneaky.....

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - snorksmiley - groansmiley - bigeyessmiley - yikes sneaky oncologists that is.. In terms of the side affects they don't mention.... when you have to 'sign away' to allow the chemo to occur.... smiley - bigeyes

Although..... Perhaps my more extensive of late reading on ... slightly more ... well hidden, side-affects, explains a few things smiley - blushsmiley - handcuffs Oh.... well.... Guess I'd have signed anyhow, had I know.... I mean... I wasn't really with it when I did sign anyhow, I'd not recovered much from the neurological stuff, post brain hemorridge smiley - shrug

In otter news, my temp seems to finally be below the 'danger' point of 38, and is circling about 37.8 at the moment smiley - zen

the antibiotics, clorofloxacin, are still as horrible as the earlier times I've had them, only this time I've got them for 7, not 5 days... smiley - shrug

turns out having an infection with no immune system, or not much of one, isn't too fun.... - and my sense of smell has now decided to vanish.... tmpory I guess, either from the viral infection/immune system itself, or possibly the antibiotics... smiley - shrug - green tea don't taste right smiley - wahsmiley - tea

sneaky.....

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Ugh, loss of smell is bad, but loss of taste is worse. Let's hope this is just a temporary inconvenience smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

sneaky.....

Post 3

I'm pretty sure the loss of smell is tempory; just having an infection thing; like having a cold.... - the loss of taste, is just down to the loss in smell; seems, tea in particular must be 99% 'taste' from 'scent' smiley - laughsmiley - zen

Loss of .... other things may be more perminant. If I'm..... not overly in pain, discomfort, tired, or.... hungry, or.... etc., etc., I can just laugh about it, and shrug and say 'oh well', then... if I can't ..... X... Y ,.... or Z.... ever again I'll just.... do something differnt.... however, when I'm a little.... lower in other ways to start, with, the idea of ... various things just never being the same, forever, becomes a little frightening.... I guess.... but... pah... what the heck.... maybe I'll just have to go to sea, and find out, for once and all... if, indeed, worse things do truely happen at sea smiley - winkeyesmiley - sleepy

Its... all... just a bit much sometimes.... like when the hospital tried to kill me, by scripting penacilum...; its written all over my notes I can't have it!; they'd given us the box of tablets.... we were about to leave; through my distressed, useless, chemo-brain/brain-fog, I suddenly got a thought.... a long forgotten memory... and the name of the antibiotic came to my mind...; thank BoB I've a biomed background; I suddenly recalled it was a penacilum related antibiotic.... - I'd kinda like not to have anaphalatic shock, too, on top of everything else!; but... trying to keep myself that* much on the ball, whilst my brains melting away from the chemo drugs.... is... taxing to put it mildly! smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - sleepy

sneaky.....

Post 4

smiley - laughsmiley - biggrin

If... I dunno... say for example.... your a bit worried... and ment to be, if your temp goes above 38 Degrees C.... then.... as a rule of thumb.... don't measure your temp, just after having spent like an hour or so, laying under a really warm duvet, snuggled up with tedy bears, and witha warm/hot laptop running, on top of the whole thing.... becuase..... you know.... It might randomly give a reading of 40 degrees smiley - laugh which....... four minutes later is already back down to 38.3 smiley - laughsmiley - dohsmiley - sleepysmiley - snork

sneaky.....

Post 5

Last time I was in hospital the guy I shared room with was given some lemonade which sent his blood sugar through the roof. He had asked for sugar free since he is a diabetic, but you know accidents will happen smiley - facepalm

smiley - pirate

sneaky.....

Post 6

I guess so... but... there's ment to be so much 'in place' for things, as simple as allergys really.... smiley - groan - and, really, the main thing is I think; I'm just so used to being 100% on the ball myself, about such things; its more my damn fault, becasue my brain is not working, for not having picked up earlier, they'd scripted me something they shoudln't smiley - groan Just hope I can get brain function back, once the chemo is done.... turns out... I was kinda.... attached to my own cognition as well as my own physical body.... having spent a few months without either is.... a little surreal.... and... odd... and not in the kdin of odd I'm used too sort of odd.... because, the me taht was used to odd, isn't the me that this odd is appening too smiley - laughsmiley - cdoublesmiley - weird

I might have some kind of exterstential crisis... but... really... I don't think I've got the energy for one right now smiley - laugh

back to mainlinging tea, for the rest of the day... its about all Iv'e got energy to do smiley - sleepy

sneaky.....

Post 7

smiley - laugh oh. dear. smiley - laugh

As an example of how otterly useless my brain now is.;

Been running high temp. almost still at re-hospitalising myself level, despite the antibiotics I'm on.

Of course.

if.

say. for example. I was, to , well, I dunno, say, like use the thermometer correctly, and take a correct, accurate measurement. then. then I'd be not running a temp. huzzah smiley - laugh - I've a first class Hons degree in biomedical sciences, and a masters degree in Immunology and genetics... and thanks to chemo brain/drugs, I can't use a thermometer smiley - laugh Oh... welll... - a few weeks back I was struggling to use a kettle correctly.... smiley - laughsmiley - headhurtssmiley - cdoublesmiley - sleepy

Think I'll have another cup of tea, then go try nap smiley - sleepy doubt I'll sleep... but... smiley - blush I was told to go nap smiley - blushsmiley - handcuffs and, afterall I am so tired

sneaky.....

Post 8

KB

Would the incorrect use of the kettle, and the incorrect use of the thermometer leading to unnaturally high readings, be at all connected? smiley - laugh

I'm glad it was a false alarm. What kind of thermometer is it?

sneaky.....

Post 9

connected... I guess kinda.... connected by my non-functioning brain I guess smiley - laugh

its a talking thermometer.... which took ages to hunt down, as apparetnly they'd never heard of such a thing at the GP surgery, pharamacy, or hospital smiley - huhsmiley - weird
I'm still not convinced its accurate enough... its ment to be, as its digital afterall smiley - weird

The kettle thing... still to an extent; my coordination is just knackered by the chemo. coordination in all senses... just screwed really... and I'm very clutz now too, thanks to the chemo; partly the lack of coordination thing, partially just foggy brain, partially the lack of sensations still to an extent, in my fingers, etc smiley - wah

mind... the weirdest one with the kettle, I sill can't figure out... I was pouring it from kettle into tea cup, one moment,; next moment, I'd just tipped the kettles contents over myself.
very odd. luckily only from the waist down. and. yes. 'there' included smiley - bruised strange though... didn't get any burns from it smiley - alienfrown could, of, I guess, maybe even been some weird blackout/seizure/petit-mal thing, but, don't think that occured to me, at the time... that was... weeks ago mind... if not longer... I've gotten better, honest! smiley - laugh

mind, still managed to fail to coordinate tipping hot water into the pan, correctly tonight, whilst trying to boil pasta smiley - doh I'm so not used to being this/that useless at everyday stuff and... its ... bluddy annoying smiley - grr

sneaky.....

Post 10

A talking thermometer? I had scales like that once, but only used them once, because they yelled "OUCH! smiley - bruised Only one person at the time, please!!! smiley - grovel "

smiley - pirate

sneaky.....

Post 11

I've talking kitchen scales, and bathroom/personal scales too..... The fomer I've not used in ages, as I've not made bread, in ages.... the latter I've not used in ages..... becuase I know I'm getting fat from teh damn steroids smiley - grrsmiley - wahsmiley - diva I so need to diet right now smiley - blush but.... everyone.... and I mean everyone..... just gives me the most strangest of looks wlhen I say this, in all sinserity.... and then they sort of in desperation kinda groan and say ' 'no' and 'your on chemo....' and 'your not well'.... and 'not at the moment you don't.... smiley - laugh I'm so crap at being ill smiley - laughsmiley - snorksmiley - blush

Bleh. smiley - sleepysmiley - groansmiley - bruised

I don't know which 90-year-old's joints, bones and muscles I've taken (hopefully t tempory ) loan of..... but I really wish he/she would take them back, and let me have my own muscles, joints and tendons back.... you know... the ones that actually like work smiley - snork and .... don't hurt like this smiley - laugh so.... stiff and ouchy smiley - blush - my own fault, I actually like made teh mistake of getting a full nights sleep... well, by full nights sleep I mean I slept three hours, posibly slightly more... most sleep in a single go I think I've had in over a fortnight. smiley - sleepy and... I don't think it was kinda sufficient actually smiley - laughsmiley - sleepysmiley - groan

pah... and now my stupid thermometer is being stupid, and pretending its just not working at all..... Think I'm gona buy a new set of batterys for it, just in case its soemthing as stupidly simple as taht smiley - grrsmiley - dohsmiley - erm well... gotta be worth a try smiley - alienfrownsmiley - sleepy

sneaky.....

Post 12

My brother had cancer and was told not to lose any weight whatsoever! Easy for the smiley - doctor to say as brother had cancer in neck and tonsils, was severely burned by radiation and lost all kinds of taste and appetite - so he lost 21 kilos (3.3 stones) anyway.

Since I am his next of kin and probably 100 percent compatible plus weigh 30 kilos too much I offered him a fat transfusion, of course smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

sneaky.....

Post 13

Baron Grim

I have a friend who went through a similar cancer, in the throat. He found a way to keep eating steak. He would slather the bites in mayo. smiley - weird

His taste buds were so far off it just acted as lubricant.

sneaky.....

Post 14

Its one of the two things I was convinced of, before starting chemo!;

What happens to people on chemo?:

They get thin. often dangerously thin.
They lose all their hair.

well, I've still got hair; its currently got 5, 1 yard/meter long ribbons in it- the 6th ribbon to be added thursday, for my sixth chemo session! - true, not quite as much hair as I once had... but, its still basically there, just in reduced volume smiley - laugh

lose weight? smiley - snork - I actually made a sucessful attempt to gain a bit, before starting chemo, for fear of this,; I'd lost a lot of weightm over the last few years (on purpose), and was the lowest weight I'd been, since, like childhood (11 stone 12 Lb), and, I put on several Lb, just to give myself a little buffer, for when the inevitable* weight loss, from chemo started.

Since starting chemo; I'v egained at least 9 LB! smiley - laugh basically as a consequence of the steroids <snork< - well, that, and of having vast meals immediately befor eI go into chemo and... well. basically eating so much all the time! smiley - laugh

so. smiley - weird all the side affects I have had... really weren't ones I knew of, was made aware of, or certainly weren't specially highlighted as potential side affects; I've even missed out on nausea... smiley - shrug

I'm not like other people.- as if further evidence was required. smiley - snorksmiley - handcuffs

sneaky.....

Post 15

ITIWBS

Just finished my smiley - coffeesmiley - coffee(coupla' coffee), time for my tall ice tea with lemon and gingko biloba.

sneaky.....

Post 16

Time for a cuppa smiley - tea here too I thik..... green tea... smiley - zen then I think I'll shower... maybe wake and warm me up a bit, before I ... decide what's for my dinner smiley - zen salad I think.... smiley - magicsmiley - tea

sneaky.....

Post 17

smiley - coffee sounds like a good idea at this hour smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

sneaky.....

Post 18

I have a couple cups coffee now, in the morning, first thing; from th enew very cool cafeitere all shiney metal I bought, which makes two cups (rather than 5 large mugs) of coffee smiley - zen then I'm on Jasmine, or green tea all day smiley - laugh just drinking so much tea right now smiley - magicsmiley - tea

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more