This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I found out, so you don't have too.

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I didn't mean to do it smiley - blush I really honstly didn't. smiley - blushsmiley - dohsmiley - injured

sticky labels on my tubs, in the spice cupbaord.... they keep falling off.

but. one can tell what most of them are, by texture, or scent, or, indeed a combiantion of both.

I thought it was the tub I was looking for, and I was right, it was the tub I was looking for; what I didn't realise, before I double checked by 'smelling it', was that, on opening the tub, the contents were, actually almost fully up to the lip of the tub.

So. I in hailed the scent of the spice. and, accidentially 'snorted it'.

Ouch. still ouch. and that was about thirty or forty minutes ago, when I started prep for the chili now bubbling away. Oh, and yes, it was hot chili powder, in the tub... smiley - injured well.... you live and learn... or at least I do... it seems ouch.

Post 2

Still ouch. smiley - injuredsmiley - snork

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Ouch! smiley - erm

Chilli powder is indeed one of the things you seldom have any pleasure out of snorting smiley - zen

Here, have a hanky smiley - towel

smiley - pirate

Post 4

Baron Grim

Although, you shouldn't have any allergy issues for the rest of the day, maybe more. Snorting capsaicin releases a flood of histamines which then results in draining your histamine reserves and therefore easing allergy symptoms.

Normally this is done in a doctors office under local anesthesia though.

Post 5

Anasetic? pah! whimps! smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

its stopped hjurting now.... smiley - magic oo... that allergy thing is useful... so, if I go snort a bunch more, it might clear up my sinus trubble... if, which I'm not sure it is, it were allergy related... hmm. no. that probably isn't a good idea to go do... probably.... although.... smiley - erm

Post 6

KB

I don't think sinus trouble will be eased by clogging up your nose with ground spices.

Then again, I'm not a doctor. So go for it and tell us what happens!

smiley - tongueincheek

Post 7

I didn't return... yet, to conduct the experiment. but... air movement in my left nostril is significently free, and better than useual, and indeed, better than the right nostril; and it was the left nostril that got the full force of my chili powder snorting by accident earlier smiley - wow so... tempted.... to try the otter nostril and see... what happens... smiley - evilgrinsmiley - dohsmiley - injured

Post 8

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

For science!

smiley - dontpanicsmiley - spacesmiley - doctorsmiley - spacesmiley - geeksmiley - spacesmiley - herosmiley - spacesmiley - jester

Post 9

Yes, for science, and for the greater understanding thereof, to further the persuits of scientific experimentation and discovery, foresaking all personal implications thereof, and hardships faced by, in order that, by this small, small step, despite any discomforts or pain, or injury I may resultantly get, to take one, albeit, small, step onwards, in the persuit of the truth, justice, and sausage rolls smiley - zen and... because... on some... deep deep level... I probably am a masochist and just very slightly mad... or at least as barking as a bucket of eels on a feather-down duvet smiley - zen

In order for the experiment to be as proper as possible, and instill as much scientific riger as possible, and, to ensure I'm awake enough to persue this particular insanity, with the true level of determination and furver it quite clearly justifiys, I'm going to wait until tomorrow... morning... until after I've had coffee, and woken up a bit... then I shall procede.... and, never... never again, shall human-kind, reach to their cupbaord, and have to face the unanswered question, that, for so, so many, weighs so heavy, apon their mind, and soul, as, once and for all, finally, and without hestitation, reputation or deviation we shall discover, at last, the answer, to the question, of,
"does snorting hot chilli powder, clear ones nasal passages, and sinus's..." smiley - zen

And... and when people ask, of me,
"but, but, 2legs, why did you do it? 2legs, why did you inhail, on purpose, hot chili powder?",

I shall, be able... to unequavically, answer, I did it, because it had to be done; I did it because, the chili powder was there, and I was in a position to do it. smiley - zen

One small snort for insanity, one, giant moment of madness for badger-kind smiley - zen

I just hope it doesn't prove fatal... smiley - evilgrinsmiley - handcuffssmiley - boing

Post 10

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

And the result on the otter nostril? Bearing in mind they are a protected species?

And generally preferring fish or similar to chilli tacos etc.

Update needed.

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 11

To boldly snort what no smiley - badger has snorted before smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Post 12

The otter was, I fear, merely but a red herring smiley - huhsmiley - silly

OK.

In the cold light of day, the next morning; I.E., now. and after two cups of coffee. I'm still of a mind that this experiment is really, really, really stupid an idea. However, it is this level of stupidity, which, oddly, draws me, still, to persue this experiment, for the greater good of badger-kind smiley - zensmiley - badger

All I need to do, is chose the correct LP to use, the cover of, for making the lines of hot chili powder on, shall, of course, use a credit card for creating the lines of hot chili powder, and take a new, chrisp £20 note, in order to use it as the experimental drug-delivery method of choice.

This is, such a bad idea. This is really such a bad idea. Its such a bad, bad bad idea, that, now, having planted the seed of its idea in my head, there is, nor ought there be, any turning back from this line of scientific insanity investigation.

Wish me luck. One more cup of coffee, then I'll decide between Pink Floyd, dark side of the moon, and Ten years after, Shhhh, as the album of choice to be the surface apon which to prepare the experimental chili powder nasal lines smiley - zen

This is such a bad idea.... but... nah, there is no turning back, for we only regret that which we do not do.

It'll be fine.... trust me, I'm a scientist smiley - scientist

Post 13

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

...a mad smiley - scientist...

As your dominant smiley - doctorsmiley - handcuffs I forbid you to snort chili...

smiley - dragon

Post 14

Oops. smiley - blush ahhh. smiley - erm err. smiley - erm and... just... say... err.... for example.... theoretically speaking... smiley - erm were I to have... say... just as a random example, gone ahead, smiley - erm and snorted chili powder, smiley - erm before I read your message, smiley - erm would... that... mean I've done a bad thing... and... smiley - ermsmiley - blush oops. I'm going to be punished arn't I? smiley - blush is not this pain currently punishment enough? smiley - blush

reslt of experiment;

ouch. it hurts. lots. and my eyes are running, and my nose is running, and if it ever stops doing so, and settles down a bit... I think... theoretically... the movement of... err... sinus fluids and suchlike, should mean my nasal passages are really very clear... if... it would just stop hurting... smiley - cry and smiley - cry oops. and now I've gone been naughty, haven't I? smiley - blushsmiley - angelsmiley - angelsmiley - angelsmiley - angel

Post 15

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Pierce, what am I snorting now, with my noses and my badgers? smiley - erm

Post 16

Baron Grim

There is an over the counter nasal spray that contains minute amount of capsaicin for the treatment of non-allergic rhinitis, headaches and other ailments.

Most of the studies I've seen mentioned are small but do indicate some benefit.

However the minute amounts at most have small side effects like mild stinging for only a few minutes.

I really don't recommend repeating this experiment. smiley - steamsmiley - headhurts

Post 17

Oh... I really don't think I'll be repeating it now.... err... not k now I've been.... err... 'found out;', and err... smiley - erm possibly in trubble for having done the experiment smiley - blushsmiley - droolsmiley - angelsmiley - angelsmiley - angel I'm a good boy me smiley - grovel

I must actually do a visit to my smiley - doctor at some point, again, about my sinuses.... they looked at em... ages back... and even did some err CT scan I think it was... and they found that they're kinda knackered smiley - doh but they didn't seem to want to do anything about it... and then... I just kinda forgot to follow up on it, after I failed to get through the appointment for the second CT scan, and I kinda forgot... and then... its years and years later... I guess smiley - laughsmiley - doh I sear.... all I need is a small drill and I could fix em myself... Its just physics/engingeering problem, not medical... needs an engineering solution IMO smiley - evilgrinsmiley - ermsmiley - erm ahh... actually I'm guessing home cure for this might not be such a good idea either, involving a drill smiley - laugh err... I think that could... just maybe... end me up in trubble..... or, at very least, having to call an ambulence smiley - laughsmiley - bluelightsmiley - snorksmiley - doctorsmiley - bluelightsmiley - blush

I'm not very good at being good.... but I'm good at being bad... smiley - angelsmiley - devilsmiley - angelsmiley - devilsmiley - blushsmiley - handcuffs

Post 18

Baron Grim

At home, DIY trepanning is a lost art. It's very rare that someone becomes an adept at it and passes along the lore.

smiley - headhurts

Post 19

But I'm useulaly so deft at home DIY medication treaments! smiley - biggrin I fixed my ingrowing toenail, many years ago, and, I have to say, the resultant toenail, is far superior to the one I've seen, on a friend, years back, who had it done by a so-called professional doctor smiley - tongueout and, I fixed my own broken toe too smiley - biggrin and my finger that was crushed to near oblevian by a transit van door being slammed shurt on it smiley - zen and my DIY repair on my recent nearly severing through my hand, worked really* well; hardly any scar smiley - magic didn't do quite so well on teh scar on my forehead.... but its a lot smaller than It might have been... smiley - blush and, when I fell over drunk, whilst iceskating and fractured my arm, that healed fine, with my DIY efforts too smiley - magic and when I burnt through to the tendons, on the back of my hand, nothing I couldn't fix, with some surgical spirit and masking tape smiley - zen not even any scarring left from that smiley - magicsmiley - biggrin I reckon.... if I just do a couple little holes... one through the bone just below my eyes.... and then maybe one in the top of my head, for the sagital sinus (I think, from memory), that'll fix it all no problem.... bit of surgical spirit for disinfactant..... maybe just use some whisky... and, woudln't even probalby need an anasetic... err... actually.... that is sounding like a really bad idea isn't it? smiley - erm even to me.... hmm.... yeh.... maybe I'm best not doing that as a DIY job... especially given some onf the injurys I've done to myself, before, when using an electric power drill, in the more useual DIY fashion, visa drilling holes in the wall smiley - laugh actually, that was a pretty bad cut too... that healed up nicely smiley - magicsmiley - ermsmiley - blushsmiley - injured
smiley - erm OK. OK... yeh... I think I've given up on the DIY drill out my sinuses idea... smiley - blush hmm... is there even a sinus under the eyes... maybe its back further... sort of cheek bone... somewhere near the ear I think... OK... I won't do this... I promise... smiley - zensmiley - grovelsmiley - erm although... smiley - ermsmiley - scientistsmiley - angel

Post 20

I've heard of people mixing ground glas splinters in their snow for enhanced effect smiley - yikes

I guess those poor blighters can't afford ground diamonds smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more