This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

We're all going on a summer holiday...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - musicalnote Hopefully... probably... well... by 'we're all', I mean me really smiley - blushsmiley - angel Not flown before... so that could be... well, probalb wildly dull and boring but, at least I'll be able to marvel at the design beauty of an airport smiley - snork August this is... mind... smiley - zen to somewhere probably colder than it will be here smiley - brrsmiley - magicsmiley - whistle If we can figure it all out smiley - laughsmiley - yikessmiley - zensmiley - whistlesmiley - zen

Just had a ch smiley - cheese sandwich for supper... gona take medication now smiley - zensmiley - doctor

Post 2

Baron Grim

Well, Texas is out of the question. smiley - rocketsmiley - wahsmiley - tekcor

Post 3

smiley - laugh OH yes!; I Can't cope with what passes for heat, hot days, and the summer in the UK, let alone the sort of temps you must get there!; I'd just melt... smiley - blushsmiley - laugh

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

And since I've only seen passing mention online, it's not here, eithersmiley - wah

*Out of curiosity, checks 10 day forecasts for the home of the paper clan and the home of King 2legs* Oh, no fair! Actual warmth! (You're running about 15-20 degrees Fahrenheit warmer, +/- a few degrees, the entire 10 days).

Post 5

Its been far too hot for me here, recently.... and today looks like being warm too, when the sun gets round to the front of the house in a few hours smiley - puff

Well, at least with this trip, I won' will have at least have had experience of a flying smiley - yikessmiley - biggrin Even if, I guess it is a somewhat shorter flight than crossing the Atlantic would be smiley - yikessmiley - zensmiley - towel

Post 6

Yea... I do have a valad passport... Thought I did... but probably a useful thing to have checked smiley - laughsmiley - snorksmiley - zoomsmiley - bussmiley - zoom

Post 7

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Just returned 3 hours ago from a week long holiday. We were supposed to celebrate this years second christmas luncheon, but 2 friends were suddenly unable to come so I may have to go again later this summer smiley - shrug

smiley - pirate

Post 8

smiley - boing Exotic airflight E-mails in my inbox... Some of them even in a language I more or less understand... Though I think enough European languages share a common root, that I can more or less work out the other ones anyhow smiley - laughsmiley - boing < smiley - droolsmiley - blushsmiley - boing

Post 9

Oops, missed a couple things I meant to post, in that one;
smiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - handcuffssmiley - boingsmiley - boing < smiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - silly

Post 10

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Don't use google to translate them. You might end up in Ulan Baator...

smiley - dragon

Post 11

Indeed. And "LoftleiĆ°ir" is Icelandic and means "air way". Anything else you want to know just ask smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 12

I can almost read it like I can German; if I know kinda what the text is talking about, and its something more 'solid', or 'technical' rahter than abstract, I can just read it, and sort of automatically translate it, in my head, even though I don't speak any German; I was looking up stuff, years ago, about speakers, I wanted to repar, and all the information was in |German, and it wasn't until after I read it all, and figured it out, and knew what It said, that I realised it was in GErman, and then, of course, realised I don't speak German... but... because I kinda know what its about, I could figure it out... smiley - laugh Swedish appears to be simular, but a bit less obvious smiley - laughsmiley - weirdsmiley - blush

Post 13

Scandinavians (Swedes, Norwegians and Danes that is) can understand each other if they are patient and speak slowly. German and Finnish is quite another ballgame smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 14

OH... I doubt I'd understand a word of any of the languages, if spoken.... smiley - laughsmiley - doh that's a whole differnt way of taking in the language, to haveing it written down... I guess... smiley - alienfrown Heck I sometimes struggle to understnad people speaking really far North, accents, wtihin the UK! smiley - laugh even though they're all meant to be talkign the same language smiley - snorksmiley - silly

Post 15

KB

"marvel at the design beauty of an airport..."

Ah, yes, I might be able to help you there. You may not have flown before, but I'm sure you've been in large train stations.

Well, you know how they are noisy, and annoying, and everybody gets in your way, and trips you up with their luggage? Well, an airport is a bit like a large train station where everyone assumes you are a terrorist. What's not to like?

Post 16

Baron Grim

smiley - rofl

Post 17

smiley - laugh yeh.... I guess its not funny at airports to pretend to be a terrorist thesedays? smiley - whistlesmiley - evilgrin Hmmm.... I wonder if they allow nipple clamps, floggers, and leather torses in hand luggage... I guess they might get classified as dangerous weapons with the current levels of paranoia about terrorism smiley - alienfrown heck... bet I can't even put a razor in hand luggage smiley - alienfrown Guess I could always grow a beard... smiley - snorksmiley - diva hmmmmm.... oo... wonder if the silver nipple bells will show up on the body-scanner doobry X-ray thinggy smiley - whistlesmiley - snork so.... tempted smiley - whistlesmiley - snorksmiley - alienfrownsmiley - snork

Post 18

Don't even think of uttering words like "terror" and "bomb" in an airport smiley - yikes

You'll be heavily fined after hours of interrogation - plus of course you'll miss your flight smiley - erm

This has happened at least once in Copenhagen Airport smiley - geek

And don't get me started on space ports smiley - facepalm

smiley - pirate

Post 19

OH. no... you know... now you've said that... its gona be really really really hard for me to not smiley - laughsmiley - blushsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - snorksmiley - rofl Must. try. behave..... just becuase its 'funny' to say something.... doesn't mean I have* to say it... smiley - snorksmiley - blush

Post 20

I'll be thinking of you smiley - evilgrin

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more