This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Have a loverly, long, excessive shoppingness.

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I had to share this. I couldn't believe it.

I did go check the date... the month... we're in July if I figured that out correct.... and.... yesterday, whilst sitting in the cafe, near the well, sort of in the horrible s chopping centre/mall here, they had their useual musac coming through the orrible tinny little speakers, which I was kinda avoiding listening too, whilst drinking coffee, and chatting with Sir...

Anyhow.... then there is like this speach thing on the tinny little speakers... the sort of 'welcome to our shite little shopping mall, we've got almost dozens of shops here you'd never want to go into ', etc....

Which, of course, I wasn't really* listening too; not concentrating on it, anyhow... but, its just there... blah blah blah....

*brain hault*

Oh. My. BoB.

yes.

I picked out one word... one word only, which, despite my not concentrating on what w being whittered on about, had broke through my vail of indefference....

"Christmas".

yes. the C-word.

in July.

Of course, I have absolutely no idea in what context they had put this word out; my brain had successfully filtered out all that came before.... ; after, I may have caught something like 'gift vouchers/cards', but I think I was in deep shock by that point.

Just thought I'd share that... smiley - zensmiley - evilgrin

Actually, talking of Christmas, I've still got a Christmas pudding sitting in the kitchen; they do keep forever don't they? guess I could always eat it... but.... its an eight person sized one... smiley - laughsmiley - snork

Boared. want cuddles.... waiting for a grocery delivery, and thinking about lunch/brunch/breakfast already....

Post 2

Baron Grim

The horror!

If it does get to the point where Christmas season lasts literally half of every year I may become a hermit.

How's the hermit market these days? What is the compensation like? How are the hours?

Post 3

Deb

Well, there's only 169 days to go. It'll soon be here smiley - run

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 4

Witty Moniker

"Christmas in July" is a thing... An excuse to offer special sales discounts in recognition of the half way point between Christmases. It will go away in August. Unfortunately, however, the season seems to start in earnest right after Halloween these days.

Post 5

OK... its all too much! but smiley - evilgrin

As far as I'm concerned.... the smiley - handcuffs restraints I ordered today, and the new flogger... that's my Christmas shopping done... everyone else of which there an't many, who' I'll have to buy for, can have something from the offlicence smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - snorksmiley - whistle

Post 6

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Christmas in July is something I've done at work before - stashing away a couple of kegs of seasonal beer in December and tapping them around this time of the year. It went very well and I know we weren't the only bar to do that.

And I'll be doing it at home this year. I had enough mixture last winter to make two Christmas puddings, so I steamed them both for six hours, put them in the pantry, then steamed one of them for another three hours a month later, at Christmas, and left the other one to... well, either mature, or mutate into a new form of life smiley - monster It should be well preserved - I made it with a bottle of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (10% ABV) and a few ounces of BrewDog Tactical Nuclear Penguin (32% ABV). And the chef had a few sips of each too smiley - drunk

So some time this month, if it hasn't become a science project, I'll steam it and eat it with some cream, accompanied by a bottle or two of Anchor Christmas (aka Our Special Ale) which I also held back smiley - cheerssmiley - xmaspud

If I survive, there'll be a full report in my journal.

Post 7

smiley - wow let me know when you plan to do it!I could do a simultainious eating of Xmas pudding here! smiley - wow

Post 8

You have one too? smiley - wow

Post 9

Only, sadly, a shop-bought.... says it is 'luxuery'... smiley - alienfrown and that is for '8 people'.... its pretty big... smiley - laugh someone bought it for William and I (a friend of his), and we didn't get round to eat it o over Christmas as we just ate all teh savory things like sausage rolls, spicey sausasge rolls, cheese sausage rolls, and aboua half a dozen differnt breads, with proper cheese, instead smiley - laughsmiley - cheesesmiley - porkpie

So... its just sittin gthere... on top of the 5 KG bag of rice, that sits on top of the stacking cooling bread racks, that sits on the tub of stuff that won't fit in the spice cupbaord, that sits on top of the fridge/freezer// ... its kinda in the way relaly smiley - laugh

Post 10

Baron Grim

Heh... now I wonder what a Christmas Potato would look like. It's just not a proper Crimbo with out the old Xmas Spud. smiley - laugh

...So, I used my awesome Google Fu and found Roy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4H3OeLz_Sc

smiley - rofl

Post 11

Oh good grief smiley - facepalm

Post 12

'proper Christmas'... this was my first ever not proper Christmas ever (excluding the Christmas I spent in a coma, which doesn't really count)...

First time not at my Familys, and first time spent with William.... We threw Tradition out of the window; and did... and 'alternative' Christmas.... Non of the faux-religious nonsense (Christmas of course being invented more or less by the Victorians), didn't buy gifts for each other, and, only barely touched on traditions, with one of the meals I cooked, which was trad Polish Christmas food... well... I guess 'sausage rolls' are kinda traditional (from my familyt), and also the hock of ham, likewise... I got meat and made dozens and dozens of sausage rolls, and got a really gorgeous hock of ham from the butchers too... raided the proper cheese shop in town smiley - drool got in plenty of icecream, and stuff, and made a ton of differnt breads, and, yeh... basically just the bits of tasty stuff smiley - laugh and... spent most of the time... err... doing non-Christmas ac activities smiley - whistlesmiley - evilgrin

Post 13

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

As it happens I just returned from a week long holiday were I was supposed to celebrate this year's second christmas luncheon
smiley - biggrin

Sadly two friends were suddenly unable to attend so I may have to make another trip shortly

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post