This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Sleep deprivation.

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - sleepysmiley - zensmiley - magicsmiley - boing Great. nearly 1 AM. and more awake, yet again, an hour or so before I really would like to go to bed, than I've been, just about all day... hmm... well, maybe I was fairly awake, when out in town earlier, in the DIY shop looking at hammers, and marvelling at the Morris men and women, and walking by the river etc... but... even so smiley - grrsmiley - doh
Showered at 5 PM.
actually about then, between 3 PM and 6 or so, was my most tired feeling, of the day.
I showered. Unplugged the hairdryer. Utterly misjudged, and nearly took down the wall with my head. smiley - headhurts
Then I did dinner... smiley - zen did pierogi and stuff, as it didn't require any thinking, and my brain wasn't working well for thinking at taht point.
Nearly broke into tears, trying to wash up, when I did soem stuff in the wrong order, and then kept misplacing or misremembering where I'd put things.
Then walked from the kitchen straight into the wall. utterly misjudging the position of the door, which is odd, as its always been there smiley - laughsmiley - bruised thought I'd broke my foot, but its not hurting like teh time I broke my toe, so I think its just bruised or sprained. smiley - zensmiley - magic
smiley - yawnsmiley - bruised
I just drunk some milk though... and that has to be good for sleep... I'm sure... its the sort of thing my grandmother would have told me, if she ever stopped talkign about eels for five minutes... smiley - sillysmiley - zen
Might actually try see the GP... see if I can do anything about my sleep... or rather lack of... I doubt I'd bother to be honest... but I think William's getting concerned... and he's more likely to make* me go to the gp... I useually reserve visiting the doctors for when its times I can't patch up broken or bleeding bits myself smiley - snorksmiley - vampiresmiley - handcuffssmiley - ufo You'd think, with the lack of sleeping, I'd be able to get stuff done... ahving longer days etc... but that never seems to work... smiley - headhurts I'm pretty sure my thinking used to be a bit more able to be focused and directed, and thats probably a side effect of not sleeping much...
I did make a mathmatition laugh erlier though... pointing out to him that I do* get eight hours sleep, soemtimes; just split over a couple of seperate nights smiley - snorksmiley - alienfrown Think I'll read now... as I feel a awake enough to concentrate now of course smiley - dohsmiley - wahsmiley - milksmiley - milksmiley - milksmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffs

Sleep deprivation.

Post 2

Deb

Hope you got to sleep in the end, you really sound like you need it. Maybe the GP wouldn't be such a bad idea after all?

Deb smiley - cheerup

Sleep deprivation.

Post 3

Got into bed at about 2.30. Still awake at 4... still awake at 6.... fell asleep at some point, for maybe two or three hours... smiley - sadfacesmiley - sleepy Housework today ain't going to be easy smiley - headhurtssmiley - sleepy yeh... maybe... (GP)... smiley - dohsmiley - doctorsmiley - wah

Sleep deprivation.

Post 4

William seems to be forcing me to call the GP in the morning... which is probably a good idea smiley - blushsmiley - sleepy bedding and towels washing... must do a load of clothing laundry too, and rinse out and dry the handwashing I put into soak last night... but... at the moment, I doubt I'll manage to get any actual sweeping or hoovering done... feel like I could happily go to sleep now... may try to do so, in a while, once I've gotten somwehre with the laundry smiley - zzz only mnaaged to burn myself a couple of times, whilst making breakfast/brunch/lunch smiley - friedegg no concentration...

Sleep deprivation.

Post 5

tried to sleep. Coudln't. so got up... far too exausted to do any housework though, just not any concentration for anything... At least I can just about manage to throw things from washing machine into the dryer, and from thence into teh wardrobes and cupboards as appropaite.... or probably as inappropiate... smiley - headhurtssmiley - cdoublesmiley - sleepy

Sleep deprivation.

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Good for William!

Sleep deprivation.

Post 7

smiley - blush Well.... I do kind of have to do what I'm told, when its William telling me... smiley - snork

Excellent... my out of sync sleep waking continues a pace... I@m now starting to wake up a bit.. smiley - headhurts far too late to do any useful housework now... at least I'm getting through the laundry though... but even that ain't as easy as it shoudl be... remembering where I put the teatwels... and towels... and ... that really oughta not tax my brain as much as it seems to be doing today, and I already lots the teatowels and a flannel, due to forgetting where I'd put them, (before then knocking them off the back, without realising), and then spending twenty minutes to find them smiley - headhurtssmiley - blush

Going to shower now... which will no doubt wake me up a little more too smiley - alienfrown so, as useual, it'll pan out so by 2 or 3 in the morning, when I'd really quite like to be able to get to sleep, so I can be up at 9 (yeh, not like even that early a start), I'd be more wide awake than I have been all day smiley - magic I think I'm currently about 13 or 14 hours out of sync, with actual time... so, basically at a total right angle to reality... which, in some ways, is about right for me smiley - snorksmiley - laughsmiley - headhurts mind, I still don't quite then understand, why, when I'm so utterly tired, that I still can't sleep, when I do try sleep at what seems like my tiredest time of the day (circa about 3 PM yesterday I tried nap, and failed, and actually, about the same time today too..., which does I gues make it about 13 hours out of sinc) smiley - alienfrown

If I don't get anywhere with teh doctor, I think I'll self medicate; on buying more coffee, and just not ever sleep again. smiley - headhurtssmiley - sleepysmiley - cdouble

Mind... just think... what might* happen... I mean... I've been rubbish at sleeping, since... since... since I can remember... back in the way back when, when I wawere in my twentys etc, I think I almost self-medicated soemtimes, with pulling all nighters, and just going two days without sleep, every now and then... I can't really* do that anymore smiley - senior but... like... if I've just been sleep deprived all these years... I mean... I might actually start making sense... or... you know... actually just be a really normal person, who's sleep deprived mind has been in opperation like forever smiley - snorksmiley - weird Unles... smiley - alienfrown

I've managed to rul out most otter sleep disorders, they all seem to list 'loss of sexual appertitite', and/or 'weight gain', and I dont' seem to be suffering from either at the moment smiley - blushsmiley - handcuffs

Sleep deprivation.

Post 8

Gosh.

yeh, seeing the doctor is definatly the thing to do; I almost* didn't do any dinner, I was just so tired... and the thought of having to concentrate on cooking, pouring water, frying, or whatever... just terrified me... so I almost* just skipped eating dinner! smiley - yikes unheard of... luckily I just managed to convince myslef to do it, though I did very nearly end up spilling the entire lot on the floor, and only saved it by burning myself on the hand, several times... again smiley - dohsmiley - bruisedsmiley - sleepy and... the house is such a mess... should have swept and hoovered today smiley - wahsmiley - sadfacesmiley - sleepysmiley - headhurts

Sleep deprivation.

Post 9

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Oh dear princess... You really need to get this in order. The brain isn't happy without sleep. I hope you do get yourself to a doctor, and demand proper help!
smiley - towel

Sleep deprivation.

Post 10

Oh... even I'm fairly convinced by the arguement to see a doctor now... feeling like this... its just horrible... it really is wading through treacle... or at least through a bucket of eels... The physical being tired bit, taht's sort of OK... I mean, I'm used to that, I guess.. but... just not being able to think properly, concentrate, make choices properly etc... that really can't be good... smiley - sleepy and... the being so tired I just want to sleep, but can't sleep... and then... just doing anything is so virtually impossible or difficult... or... bleh... horrible smiley - blushsmiley - sleepyand, anhyow... if its making me even more accident prone than useual; seeing the doctor might be a more better use of time option, than potential constant trips to A&E smiley - laugh I mean... yesterday I headbutted the wall (unplugging hairdryer), bruised/sprained my foot (thought I'd broken something again), walking into wall, when I missed the kitchen door... by about two foot smiley - laughsmiley - blush <bruised< and several burns today from cooking... although... actually the burns are about average for an oridnary day, as I rarely pay enough attention smiley - snorksmiley - blush and... err... this thinking thing is getting painful like this smiley - headhurts the mild hallucinations this afternoon were not exactly amusing enough to be entertaining eitehr, I could probalby do without them smiley - blushsmiley - sleepy

smiley - wah now I'm boared. and I've no idea what to do... not sure I could concentrate on reading... and... no idea... smiley - wah

Sleep deprivation.

Post 11

Bald Bloke

All I can say is...
Turn off the alarm clock and
Go to Bed,
even if you sit there reading you will eventually drop off.

Sleep deprivation.

Post 12

Not always. seriously... though, thesedays moreoften than not I will* eventually sleep (often only an hour or two), but even without alarm clock, I rarely wake after 10 AM, even if I've still been awkae until gone 6 AM smiley - sleepy
quite a number of years ago now, I'd regularly just skip an entire nights sleep, when it was so apparent I'd not get any/hardly sleep anyhow; I think in some ways, that would help reset my body clock, by just going 48, 36, or whatever hours, totally with no sleep, or dozing etc smiley - weird

As I'm moving towards the sort of time I might think about bed, I'm gradually waking up, more and more, as useual smiley - groan Bed anytime before midnight, just never works, and I get so annoyed, just laying in bed, from early until 4 AM or later, it makes me less likely to sleep, as I get more agitated about not sleeping smiley - huhsmiley - wahsmiley - laugh Ten I get really thirsty... and fidgity, and if its gone 4 AM, I know if I get up, I might as well just not bother getting back into bed, and so that'd end up being a two day no sleep thing again smiley - wahsmiley - doh If I ever, on the rare occasions I have, get to bed early ; like before 2 AM, I just wake up stupidly early, and I've nothing at all to do early in the mornig, so taht useually proves pointless being up early, and having to be quiet round teh house smiley - doh I just feel kinda 'worn out' now... I guess still a bit tired, though less tired of course, as we move neaerer to a sensible bed time smiley - dohsmiley - flustered nearly 11... smiley - drool I think I'm actually rather envious of those who can get to bed like before midnight or 2 AM smiley - envy useually even when I've had 6 or 7 AM starts, on those rare occasions, I still just go to bed at 1 or 2 AM, so I can get enough sleep smiley - huhsmiley - weirdsmiley - sleepy oo... might have woken up enough now to be able to concentrate to read smiley - booksmiley - run

Sleep deprivation.

Post 13

Bald Bloke

Go and get a hot chocolate or similar and go to bed now.
It may take a while to bore yourself to sleep but it will work.
then you will sleep until a reasonable time in the morning.

Sleep deprivation.

Post 14

Oh... if only... smiley - cry I'm more awake now, than at any point today... ... no milk in anyhow smiley - laughsmiley - milksmiley - choc Even if I did fall asleep, wihin 4 hours of getting into bed, I'd be awake 4 later, so silly early with nothing to do smiley - wahsmiley - grovelsmiley - sleepy

Sleep deprivation.

Post 15

Well... I'm in bed... and have been for an hour... reading... still dressed mind.... and now I've no idea if I'm tired... or even more awake than earlier... part of me, wants to carry on reading, I could be finished this book, in just another five hours or so smiley - ermsmiley - dohsmiley - book but... I'm actually kinda tempted to go get a drink of water.. and then... actually maybe try sleep smiley - alienfrown just finished a chapter... so I can't start another one... or I'd have to read for another hour or more... or.. smiley - doh I must be tired.... this thinking thing is not as simple as it otter be smiley - dohsmiley - ermsmiley - sleepy but... if I'm gona lay awake until 3 ANyhow.... I might as well read another chapter... then... err, no that'd be silly I think then I'd not be asleep until gone 5 or 6, and I need to be up tomorrow at 9 really, so I can try phone the doctors in the morning, so I can get there, if they've a slot, early afternoon, whilst I'm with William... smiley - alienfrownsmiley - dohsmiley - erm
*kicks brain* work damnit.... smiley - headhurts
Bed. hopefully sleep... I think that's the right option... or do I mean choice... I think choice... the descision is to go to bed... so bed is the choice... surely... hmmm....
*kicks brain again* stopit. Oh eck... not even worked out what grocerys I might need to buy tomorrow... what might I cook... maybe I should go look online and se......
*kicks brain again* stopit
smiley - ermsmiley - headhurtssmiley - cdoublesmiley - sleepy right... stuff... smiley - zzz

Sleep deprivation.

Post 16

So... I got into bed at circa 1.30 AM.... actually fell asleep vaguely fast, for once... (well I didn't notice 3 AM, wow...).

so I woke a bit after 7. feeling tired enough to go to bed smiley - huh and of course couldn't fall back to sleep smiley - sleepy but... wow... like probably 6 hours or thereabouts smiley - wow twice what I've had some nights recently nearly smiley - laugh

I was 'ordered' though, to phone the GP surgery. Which, on hindsight, is probably a really good idea; Just makign the call, and having to talk to the receptionist, and book it, my brain could hardly manage the onslaught of having to think, and talk at the same time... I've got a bluddy first class honers degree, and a masters degree, and booking an appointment on the phone, used every ounce of thinking power I could muster; and that, after 3/4 of the litre of freshly brewed coffee smiley - sadfacesmiley - headhurts
Appointment booked for later on today smiley - magic just hope I managed to remember the time correctly, between the phonecall and sending William a TXT with the appoiontment time in smiley - blushsmiley - erm yeh... not thinking well today... and now I've almost convinced myself I got the time wrong smiley - wahsmiley - erm AT least I'll have someone to hold my hand at the apppointment smiley - blush not sure I could manage it TBH with out that smiley - blushsmiley - blushsmiley - blushsmiley - headhurtssmiley - cdouble despite the extra sleep last night, the treacle seems to be a lot thicker today ... may even need a second litre of coffee err... or not... smiley - headhurts may try find something to eat, If I can smiley - erm

Sleep deprivation.

Post 17

KB

Glad you got an appointment so soon - you're lucky if you get one within a fortnight in our place smiley - yikes

Sleep deprivation.

Post 18

This Surgery seems to opperate differnt to what I'm used too;

30% of their appointments can be booked; no more than a week in advance, the remaining 70% are on teh day bookings; between 9 and 9.30, It said to call to make them... I just couldn't face trying to communicate and listen at that point, my brain was so treackily.... (anyhow, I figured the phone lines would be mental esp after the weekend) smiley - zen

This is a system that kinda makes sense; though its often awkward for me, if I want to 'book' an appointment, a few days in advance, so, E.G., I can arrange one for a day when I know William is about so I can actually get to the GP surgery smiley - zensmiley - weird

I have to sort out this sleep thing... ; My mind/brain is just not functioning right; I haven't turned the radio on today; I just needed the 'space' to be able to 'think' at any level... and, just now; I was in the kitchen washing up and there is this colalred dove, outside, on the balcony, cooeing, as they are prone to do... I swear... I was so* angry... I nearly ran out and throttled it to death... It was likte th e one straw too many which broke the eels back; one sensory input too many for my brain to process... smiley - wah I can't think smiley - wahsmiley - headhurtssmiley - sleepysmiley - flustered

I'm normally not conscious of all the stuff I do, well, subconsciously; constaly being spatially aware of stuff; where I am, where everything near me is, where whatever it is I'm doing, fits in with everything around me etc... at the moment, the brain doesn't seem to be doing it subconsciously... hence my misjudging the distance between myself and the plug socket, err... Saturday I think, when I leant forwrd to unplug the hairdryer, and drove my head into the wall... or, a few hours after that, when I walked out of the kitchen, and misjudged the position of the door, by about three foot..... I can useually judge things to within a few milimeters; E.G., putting my water glass down on the table, directly in the middle of the coster, without having to think* about doing it... but... like this smiley - headhurtssmiley - wahsmiley - flustered Hoping a walk out, in teh wet, and fairly cold (as it is today), might actually make me wake up enough to have some hope of explaining things to the GP logically... - despite often evidence to the contry I opperate normally on the purely logical.... and not being able to do so... horrible smiley - wah

I so feel like just crawling back into bed right now though... TBH... hmm... smiley - sleepy < smiley - headhurts

Sleep deprivation.

Post 19

Deb

I know they say it in all the advice things on sleep problems, but cutting back on technology at bedtime probably does help.

I say this cos when I first got my tablet I took it to bed to surf the net a bit instead of reading before I went to sleep. Usually I pick up my kindle & within 10 minutes I realise I'm reading with my eyes closed. This night, though, I was still on the tablet an hour later, so immediately put it away and lay down to sleep. And lay there. And lay there. Another hour later I was still awake. Based purely on that one night I reckon too much technology at bedtime makes your brain buzz and keeps you awake.

Hope the doc can do something for you. Your life's sounding hellish at the moment - I miss your usual brand of journal smiley - cheesesmiley - flyingpigsmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - diva

Deb smiley - cheerup

Sleep deprivation.

Post 20

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Shouldn't reading smiley - books have the same effect then smiley - huh

Probably depends on the smiley - books, yes?

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more