This is the Message Centre for Willem

Birding Big Day!

Post 1

Willem

This weekend it's the Birding Big Day here in South Africa! It's the entire day of Saturday, 29th November, midnight to midnight. Teams all over the country are going to try to see and hear as many species of birds as possible over the course of that one day. Oh, and we also have to stay within a region with a 50 km radius. I'm going with Mark and Julia Friskin and Dudley Pound. Mark has the trip all planned, which times we're supposed to be where. We'll be taking in places like the Polokwane Game Reserve, the Polokwane Bird Sanctuary, and we'll also be headed for the forests of the Magoebaskloof region. The top teams in the country will try to get over 300 bird species on the day … we will be happy if we can make 150! So, I've been preparing for that. Mainly, trying to accumulate rest so that I'll be able to stay awake for the whole day! But I'll write a report as we go, and will post it here, for whoever is interested.

Birding Big Day!

Post 2

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

~ smiley - bubbly ~ keep me posted. I have punched 'subscribe'. It is almost noon day here in the Great Pacific Northwest. . .. smiley - bubbly . .. ...

Birding Big Day!

Post 3

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Have a great time Willem. Take plenty of snacks to keep your blood sugar OK. I hope you see some rare birds and get a good count!

Birding Big Day!

Post 4

Willem

Hello Gingersnapper and Elektra! Thanks for the comments ... the report of the outing is now in my journal!

Birding Big Day!

Post 5

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

~ Great. Thanks. I am on my way over ..

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Willem

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more