This is the Message Centre for Willem

A conversation

Post 1261

Peanut

Hi Willem

I am very glad and relieved that Andries was ok and pleased to hear you are definitely going to get the goggles.

Well done for keeping up with the weight training and closing in on the long term goal smiley - biggrin

My yoga practise is still ad hoc and more generally I am still struggling to get into a routine of sorts with everything.

Talking ofcompost the coffee shop gives away kilo bags of coffee grounds so I took one and now ever so often I get a wafts of coffee coming my way when I am out in the garden.

Today I have done some everyday chores, also had a little bonfire of out of date paperwork, not the most environmentally friendly way of doing things but they say to shred your personal information and I have no shredder and this is certainly efficient at least.

How is it going your way?

A conversation

Post 1262

Willem

Hi Peanut! Good luck with the yoga practice! Coffee compost sounds interesting!

Just a quiet busy day over here. I worked on my flower painting, I'm emailing you today's progress. Also worked on my story, and worked on a new and improved query letter for the literary agents. Worked with my plants also. We've had just a tiny bit of rain last night, a drop or two. Also it was quite cold today. I did a bit of watering and then just checked on everything. All still well, I'm very encouraged that a bunch of Pelargonium cuttings I planted a couple of months ago, all struck and are now putting out new leaves! I'll soon take some garden piccies.

That's about it for over here! How are things over there?

A conversation

Post 1263

Peanut

Hi Willem

Thank you for emailing the progress on you art project, looking forward to seeing it evolve. Glad to hear the cutting all stuck and are looking good, sounds like you are going to have a very well stocked garden.

Good luck with the new and improved query letter smiley - goodluck

Feeling very low today, just getting through the day,so just checking in

Hope you are have a much better one. How goes it?

A conversation

Post 1264

Willem

Hi Peanut! Sorry you're feeling low! Hope you do get through the day all right.

Today was just normal work stuff. Painted from the morning to mid-afternoon, went to water my plants - more and more are sprouting - and worked on my story late afternoon. Working on a letter to a Canadian friend ... I don't know what to say, he's major Islamophobe right now and I want to caution him about getting mixed up with extremists. Me, been there, done that, and it sucks.

In between did weight training. Goes all right: did easy 3 sets of 5 reps of powercleans with 58 kg. My bodyweight is 81 kg ... my 'first goal' is to get to 3 to 5 reps of powercleans with this. I'll give it a while, need to adapt to this gradually.

That's about it for my day. Hope you have a better one tomorrow also!

A conversation

Post 1265

Peanut

Hi Willem

I don't envy you at all for having to write that letter, how have you got on with it? I hope he can see where it comes from and that he has other people like you around him

Hope your everyday stuff has gone good today also.

Today mood wise, I think better, cognitively not so sure, done lots of reading which has gone ok but day to day stuff that has been on a slide.

Took a birdie to the rescue centre, think it will have to be put down which I should have done myself really, thinking why I didn't, however alive and hopeful the wee thing looked and while it didn't seem so horrifically injured so a snap judgement was made,it was still bad realistically poor thing doesn't stand a chance I think. In my heart I just think I passed the buck.

So that was a cheery start to the day and did take a lot of time,other than keeping up with the washing up, we haven't been productive at all

How about you?

A conversation

Post 1266

Willem

Hi Peanut! Well I sent him the letter a while ago, I tried to be diplomatic about it.

Glad your mood is better.

Aw poor birdie!

Today ... a bit mixed. The writing (story and Colours of Wildlife) this morning went well. Then I went shopping AND I got safety goggles for Andries! It was quite inexpensive, I just hope it works all right. It must be better than nothing, though ...

Back home I did something I shouldn't have. I was writing letters to my friends and I was telling one about my weight training (he trains as well) so on a whim I decided to see where my clean and press is right now. I had 68 kg on the bar in my room. I tried it - clean went well but the press failed. But I thought if I tried harder I could do it. I did, I tried harder, almost got it, and passed out. Woke up on the floor, confused. Was angry about almost getting it, so tried it again - this time very almost getting it - and passed out again. Woke up on the floor blindly groping about, almost brought every book on my night table down on my head, had a splitting headache anyways, perhaps I hit my head when I fell. Had a sore jaw too and the rest of the day had the headache. Yuk. I don't know how many times you've passed out but me, I hate when it happens, feels like I've been hit by a truck. Twice in one day is a bit much.

I definitely should have waited to test my press, I've only just started with my regimen, and am not yet near the conditioning for max attempts. But anyways I know now I am very close to 68 kg ... 13 kg under my present bodyweight. I'll give myself a good long time to get there.

The rest of the day I wasn't up to much. Did tend my plants, and things are looking good. Soon there will be piccies! And also worked on my painting and read a bit of "At the Mountains of Madness". Dmitri suggested a Lovecraft parody ... I might try my hand at it.

That's it for over here! How are you doing over there?

A conversation

Post 1267

Peanut

Hi Willem

Have sent an email and so pics earlier so this is part 2...

Hope you are fully recovered today and are taking it easy, at least on the knocking yourself out level!

Hiccup was happy for the lift this morning on three counts, saved a bus fare, it tipped down with rain right the way through what would have been her travel time and we swung by the supermarket that does good pastries on the way home. Yum.

While we were there did some meal planning in the fruits and veg section as well. Cauliflower cheese for me for tea tonight and am going to be well posh and have a starter of half a pink grapefruit smiley - diva

The rain was set to clear this morning and turn to bright but breezy day and it has done exactly that, great for washing although quite risky to start but have been lucky the black clouds have quickly passed over not raining on me washing on their way by smiley - cool

So have got quite a good crack on with todays chores, now on to lunch and will most of the tea prep while I am there and then just a pottering afternoon.

How has you day panned out?

A conversation

Post 1268

Willem

Hi Peanut! Thanks for the email and pics! I'll respond sometime ... perhaps tomorrow when I can send you another painting progress piccy.

Cauliflower cheese! I hadn't had cauliflower in ages! I love it. I'm a veggie nut! I even love broccoli and brussels' sprouts.

Was an easy day today. It's a public holiday here, heritage day! So Aletta didn't come. I had a relaxed day writing, painting, working with my plants, and reading.

Naughty kitties in my garden are catching my doves! There were feathers in the front and back garden today and while gardening I scared off two of them.

Anyways that's it for over here! Hope you have a nice day tomorrow.

A conversation

Post 1269

Peanut

Hi Willem

Sounds like a relaxed heritage day smiley - biggrin

It has been a lovely Autumn day here, been quite productive in the uninteresting way smiley - winkeye more washing, washing up and that, is nailed. Picked up Hiccup and dropped the car back.

On the walk home saw a Robin proudly displaying his breast loudly proclaiming his claim to the tree.

Been cutting down some, ivy, stinging nettles and the odd sapling, apologising to little spiders in their webs for the rebuilding they are going to have to, along the way

Back soon, Wren just called smiley - run

A conversation

Post 1270

Willem

Hi Peanut! Glad your autumn is lovely, the pics were nice! Good for getting the uninteresting stuff done. Do the nettles sting badly? Hope the spideys rebuild all right.

Well today wasn't much ... wrote, sketched, trained with weights (comfortable this time and no probs at all) painted on Photoshop, and just quickly checked my plants. I'm sending you a coupla piccies.

OK let me know how things go! Tomorrow ought to be more exciting over here.

A conversation

Post 1271

Peanut

Hi Willem

Sorry I didn't get back after Wren called. It was a long conversation, she had phoned to let off some steam but got of the phone, feeling much better and quite chipper. In other news she was applying for a job, but mentioned another one that had too few hours for her (by 2) and thought was above her skill level.

By the end of the phone call, she was going to apply for that one as well, as I had suggested negotiating the hours and having gone through the specs of the job she was confident that was she had the skills and experience to do it, where there was the odd gap, she could see how to fill them. So is going to give it a shot as well and was feeling motivated and positive about both her applications.

So I feel really good after that, that she was on a bit of downer and ended up feeling on the up.

Didn't quite manage to do the same for Hiccup who had a lot of homework last night, and was quite grumpy, seems confident enough that it is going to be done with the work she did yesterday and the bit she is stuck on can sort out in a workshop today.

I am not feeling quite a buzzy as I have been, so a slow but sure approach to the day. Some furniture moving upstairs as Hiccup would like to change rooms. The big stuff will wait till she gets back but there are things I can shuffle about. The laundry cupboard needs a sort through. So today is a dedicated 'upstairs sort out day'.

Will let you know how it goes smiley - footprints

What about your day?

A conversation

Post 1272

Willem

Hi Peanut! Let me post here again to keep this thing running. How are you doing? Over here, a typical Monday again. Went shopping for food, worked on my stories, watered plants, and had art class again this evening. Got some comments on my flower painting, still a good bit of work to do with it. But I'll start another quicker painting project, it's starting to take too long, so I'll work on the smaller project in between.

How are things over there?

A conversation

Post 1273

Peanut

Hi Willem

I have some good conversational today, this morning the mice were very lively so Hiccup and I let them go. Hiccups was off straight away but mine ran up my sleeve and hid down the back of my jumper, so Hiccup retrieved him and he was gone before I turned round to say goodbye smiley - laugh

I am happy for the mice and it as great to share with Hiccup.

The next good thing was that was a report I had wanted to read but the text wasn't displaying. So I emailed, got an email back to say that it was looking ok their end and suggestions of what might fix it my end and it worked. The tones of the emails were really kind and result I get to read the report on a fairer more equal economy smiley - cool

Veg soup is on, washing up is done, Hiccup is at college, kitties sorted, my head is still quite messy but calmer today, and good breaks, more able to get on track, so better

How about you?

A conversation

Post 1274

Willem

Hi Peanut! Sounds like things are going well over there, hope the mousies are all right. What did the report of the fairer economy say that you found interesting if you don't mind my asking? I am interested in that kind of stuff.

Today was just relaxed word and chores day. Went to town, took out some new library books, bought food and washing powder. Back home worked on my novels and on my flower painting. Read a bit as well, relaxed too. Did my plant work. The kambroos are still alive but not looking vigorous. My quiver trees seem to be doing very well though, about which I'm very happy!

I think tomorrow or the day after will be right for taking some plant piccies.

That's about it! How go things over there?

A conversation

Post 1275

Peanut

Hi Willem

Sounds like a nice relaxed but quite productive day there. Looking forward to seeing some Spring snaps, when they are you are ready.

I'll happily tell you about the economic report when I have read it but if you would like to read it yourself here is a link to the website which I have very informative.

http://www.equalitytrust.org.uk/

Hiccup at Teds for the weekend, which has worked out well because today was one of those utter exhaustion days, so I have been crashed out for hours. I am kind of disappointed because I wake up disorientated and for a few minutes I was thinking, great I am going to nip round to see my friend, which used to be easy as she lived two streets away but they have moved to right the other side of town, over a year ago!

I was also in a mush because Spiller was going to Amsterdam to see his brother and I couldn't go because I have no passport, well I don't have a passport and Spiller does have a brother but he isn't in Amsterdam.

So not much news today, how about you?

A conversation

Post 1276

Willem

Hi Peanut! Sorry you were in a mush there. Hope it goes better tomorrow! Thanks for the equality website. I of course am a big believer in equality, not just in Britain but everywhere. Real egalitarianism... no very rich people, no very poor people. Anything else is a waste of human potential.

Over here: wrote, drew, watered plants. My big orb spider is still there. I also had a lovely encounter! I heard a tapping while walking in the garden, and it was a pair of Goldentailed Woodpeckers! I saw them very clearly, they were feeding in a fever tree.

My Quiver Trees are going to be my money-makers this year! Lots of them are germinating! The kambroo plants are also looking a bit better. Today I also planted my fluffball seeds, the 5 or 6 hundred I'd collected in August. Put them into 20 nursery bags, about 20 to 30 per bag.

It hasn't rained yet! I hope we'll have the rains in a week or so.

Hope you have a good Sunday!

A conversation

Post 1277

Peanut

Hi Willem

Just checking in today, having a rough time, so have just done what I have needed to today and am shortly off to bed, hopefully will manage better tomorrow.

How has your day been?

A conversation

Post 1278

Willem

Hi Peanut! Sorry your day was rough! Mine was all right. Hope the sleep helps. I sent you some sprout photos!

A conversation

Post 1279

Peanut

Hi Willem

I loved the sprouts, thank you again.

It is a beauty of a day here, crisp and sunny and quite breezy.

So today we took the kitten to the vet for a free check and the not free flea potion. I haven't taken her before, so didn't know what to expect. She mewed a lot but for the actual examination while she was wriggly, not too bad.

I put the treatment on her as soon as I got back and then gave her some slow cooked barbeque chicken as a treat which she loved.

Another mousie release today, keeping them for 24 hours or more is working well. I am going to get a couple of plastic boxes put some air holes in, have them set up ready and then I can clean them out after each use.

Have dropped Hiccup off to college, came home and turned round straight away as I forgot to crank up the leccy key smiley - groan

Started to tidy up, going to try and make up some ground, will email later

How's your day been?

A conversation

Post 1280

Peanut

Hey there,

Just giving the thread a bump. Today I didn't get up until 11.55 smiley - yikes It is now only 13.30 so I haven't done much yet part from cleaning up after the kitties, and drink coffee.

Forgot to post garden story yesterday, a Ruddy Darter landed on me

http://www.uksafari.com/ruddydarter.htm

I was really chuffed.

We cleared the bigger bedroom last night, so going to give it good hoover so it is ready for Hiccup and Ted to move things about smiley - puff

Hope you are enjoying your day, wondering what on Earth you are up too smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Willem

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more