A Conversation for Newcomers' Welcome Page

New Users w/c 12 June 2000

Post 61

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

Law of Diminishing Returns: The tendency for a continuing application of effort or skill toward a particular project or goal to decline in effectiveness after a certain level of result has been achieved.

Post 62

jqr

Pure as the driven snow: I always thought it should be pure as the new-fallen snow, but some American starlet (Mae West?) compared the purity of her deliciously wicked self to the driven snow, and I guess like Gresham's Law with money, "bad metaphors drive out good."

Post 63

Charon

Thank you!

Post 64

Abi

Mae West "I am as pure as the driven snow, but I drifted!"

Post 65

jqr

Thank you, Abi, for confirming my idea.

Post 66

little billy molson

hello, little billy molson here.
I got lost on the way over. Sorry I'm late - did I miss anything?

Post 67

Bistroist

*strolls in, pretending not to notice the previous, and completely fictious, referrals to his more amorous side* Hi, Billy, welcome aboard! :-) You might have noticed that it's been quite some time since the last post in this thread. This is because there's a new "Newcomers Welcome"-thread every week, to go to the newest thread, click here: http://www.h2g2.com/F617?thread=65179 Cheers, ~Bistro

Post 68

little billy molson

Hi Bistro,thanks for the advice. As you will have guessed, I'm a bit of a part timer so three weeks between me popping in is not unusual.
But i'll be around at some point.
Later,
little billy molson

Post 69

Bistroist

You're welcome,

Just pop into the forum with the newest date in the title, when you find the time, there's usually plenty of tea for everyone.

~Bistro

Post 70

shadowcat_2

LoL definition of 'noob', I guess. Computers a geekish passion, relocated this (err nut hut) tracking thru some old ECorrespondence. So to SOME Degree I ma noob, not so much, tho. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more