A Conversation for Newcomers' Welcome Page

New Users w/c 12 June 2000

Post 1

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Well, it looks like no-one else has started a thread for this week, so here goes! Welcome, everybody, to the weird and wonderful world of h2g2. To aid your search for essential things, this is a quick reference guide: http://www.h2g2.com/A344756 .

Other than that, if you have any problems, just shout. Someone will hear... smiley - smiley

Share and enjoy! smiley - tongueout

Post 2

Abi

Thanks Justin I was on annual leave yesterday. Back now smiley - smiley

Post 3

Well, it doesn't seem to have made much difference. I've been leaving messages for loads of newbies as to the whereabouts of this forum, but none seem to have made it so farsmiley - sadface

Post 4

Abi

never mind - I am sure that they will turn up soon! smiley - smiley

Post 5

Perhaps by next week? smiley - winkeye

Post 6

Bistroist

No, by next week it'll be to late. Then my computer access will have gone all crappy smiley - sadface

...So all you lovely litl' newbies, come out come out whereever you are! smiley - smiley

~Bistro

Post 7

Zorpheus - I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

Well, it worked. I found my way here.
I have been slowly making my way through the guide and so far I love it!
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Post 8

Yay! We got one!
*dances round madly*

Why did I just do that?

Post 9

Thetgg

I'm a newbie and the problem is I don't get what this site is all about. I thought it was so a guide to the PLanet could be slowly formed which I think is a brill idea but there's so much stuff and arrrggghhhh...

Post 10

Abi

That is it - but there is also a community too which as you can see are very very active! smiley - smiley

Post 11

jqr

I was looking for this forum yesterday but only now was able to find it. The link in the article is misleading. I really enjoy that the community stuff is all built around people sharing information about things that they are really passionate about. Someone go visit my home page & tell me if I'm on the right track smiley - smiley

Post 12

Yeah, your page looks good. Mind you, there's not really any such thing as a *bad* homepage - it's for whatever you want to put on it. Incidentally, I saw you mentioned in your journal about not being sure if anyoe else had written articles about MIR. The best way to check this is to do a search, in the little window near the top of the page. That will search the approved entries - if there arn't any, you're probably more likely to get your entry approved. You might also like to search the 'ordinary' entries and entries put forward for approval. That way, you might be able to join forces with someone, creating an even better article! smiley - smiley

Post 13

Memorex

Newbie alert.
Actualy I was here briefly last week, but work sidetracked me. So I decided to try again.
Thanks for the welcome.
I am still strying to figure things out around here. I put some info up on my homepage, and have just been peeking through the postings in the different fora.
You all seem like a tight community, I hope I am able to fit in well enough.

Post 14

Courtney Patron Saint of Social Embarassment

Hi folks how is everyone today?

Post 15

jqr

Thanks for the search tip. I've just been doing some looking, but slowly...

Post 16

Memorex

Speaking for myself, just fine.
Just stealing time way from the job before the day ends and I lose my fast connection.
How about you?

Post 17

Courtney Patron Saint of Social Embarassment

killin time at work also, but aside from wanting to leave i'm doing peachy. Thanks for asking

Post 18

Princess Bride

Don't worry about trying to fit in- we all just post our thoughts wherever and sometimes we make sense! Before you know it, you'll be spending so much time on h2g2 that you won't know what daylight looks like... smiley - smiley And we are all here to help you! Have fun!

Post 19

GOD

Greetings Everyone... smiley - smiley

I knew, I would get time to come over here SOMETIME this week... smiley - winkeye

* HE mutters about rogue asteroids being even more strident these days, once around a solar system and they think they know how it is... *

* Turns to Abi... *

Annual Leave !!! Some of us immortals dream of Annual Leave...!!! smiley - bigeyes

Anyway, if your new around here, we have some heavenly Guardian Angels just praying to look after your needs... smiley - smiley

So why not pop over for Tea and some Angel's Food-Cake to... smiley - smiley

http://www.h2g2.com/A300943

With your very own Guardian Angel looking after your every whim, it will be 'Annual' Leave...!!! smiley - bigeyes

smiley - fish - Simply, High Spirited.

Post 20

jqr

Or is that angelical leave?
I used to get annual leave, but now I just get vacation. I kinda liked annual leave better; it felt like more of an obligation. So it's funny to hear of italicized Abi taking her requisite days off in the midst of the frothing dot-com world.

Key: Complain about this post