A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback

Chronological Search

Post 1

ITIWBS

Is there some way that I can do a search on a basis of date of front page publication, or bring up a list of past front pages?

I'm trying to track down some external links that I believe came up in the conversations attached to the June Front Page articles.

Chronological Search

Post 2

Icy North

Not sure about Pliny, but editors were always able to search archived Ripley skin front pages. I'd be very surprised if they couldn't dig this out for you, but in case they can't you might want to do an advanced search on conversations and type in a few keywords relevant to the links.

Chronological Search

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - book

I can hopefully dig this out for you indeed, but you might need to give me a smiley - boing if I don't manage it soon...

Chronological Search

Post 4

ITIWBS

As a matter of fact what I'm looking for is astronomical notes in an external link from a conversation associated with a front page arcticle.

...not likely to come up in the internal search engines.

Chronological Search

Post 5

Icy North

It'll still appear in conversation search. Do you remember any specifics?

Chronological Search

Post 6

ITIWBS

Not rnough, I'm afraid (already tried that).

The specific item I'm looking for is a computer modeling program that allows three dimensional rotations of cross sections of large scale cosmological structures, like cross sections of cosmic voids.

(Lost my notes to a default reset.)

I've seen the program demonstrated on TV and it is visually effective.

Chronological Search

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

9 June
Experiencing a Solar Eclipse A87829555
Total Solar Eclipses A143812
How to View A Solar Eclipse A357013
Lunar Eclipses A403958
Flash Gordon - the 1980 Film A87828727
Science Fact and Fiction A1132057
Extrasolar Planet Groundbreakers A87827665
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy A5815
Amazing Comets and their Impact A87817783
Le Voyage dans la Lune' - The Film A87787039

Try that for starters - all the other Front Pages in June don't have Entries that look like there would be astronomical conversations attached to them...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more