A Conversation for Sanat Claus: The Facts

A492635- Santa Claus: The Facts

Post 1

Salem Saberhagen

http://www.h2g2.com/A492635

This entry, written by me, states the facts on Santa Claus' existence, taken from scientific evidence. Some of the evidence is halarious, but should stay out of reach of small children.

Post 2

shrinkwrapped

An entertaining idea for an entry - but I can't help feel I've read something similar before. May I ask how you got your information?

Also, in this paragraph:

"There are 2 billion children (eg. people under 18) in the world. But, Santa only seems to deliver prezzies to Christian kids. This reduces the number to 378 million children. And, with the average census rate at 3.5 children per household, there are 91.8 million houses to deliver to (and there's got to be at least one good kid in each)."

People under 18 what? Feet? (Yes, I know it's years, but it's best to be clear about these things). I'd also remove the reference to 'only Christian kids' because there are LOADS of non-Christian children who supposedly recieve presents from the beardy fella.

Otherwise, very amusing! smiley - smiley

Post 3

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

I also reviewd the article. But in another thread for the same one!
PLease, researcher, stick to one thread per article. bye!

Post 4

shrinkwrapped

*shakes fist* daaaaaaaaaaaawwww...

Post 5

Salem Saberhagen

I've updated the entry with a note about non-Christian children recieving presents. And to answer your question, Mr. T, I got the information from two sources, Focus magazine and some Santa web site (I can't remember the address).

Post 6

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

This subject seems to be quite popular on the web. A Google search for the phrase on the number of reindeer turned up over 2000 hits. While most of the others share a common format that suggests it was a widely dissemintated joke, this article is written differently from the most common version. However, this article appears to be nearly word-for-word with this one here: [URL Removed by moderator]

I'm not too clear on how to interpret the rules on plagiarism, so if anyone else wants to compare the two and discuss, I'd be grateful. As I see it, though, this article is too close of a match to be Edited.

Post 7

soeasilyamused, or sea

i posted this on the other thread for this article as well, but i thought i should make sure it was seen and noted in both.

---

no offense, dears, but how would you feel if some innocent child came onto this site and found this entry?

he or she would see a report that SEEMS like scientific proof of the nonexistance of santa claus, and promptly be traumatized.

i'd hate to be the parent of that poor child.

in short, i'd just like to point out that the internet is open to EVERYONE, and anything you post on it can be seen by anyone who logs on. while it might feel nice to prove something that, incidentally, everyone over the age of 10 already knows, you could inadvertently ruin the christmases of billions of children worldwide- all because they know how to use the internet.

i would recommend serious thought as to whether having this article on the internet is a good idea.

Post 8

Sea: I really and truly hope you are joking. I would hate to think we need to take polical correctness to such massive extremes. At any rate, if kids are navigating around the net, and can read to a level that they can understand this article, then they probably already know the truth.

Thanks for the laugh, though.

Post 9

soeasilyamused, or sea

my five year old cousin regularly surfs the internet. and i wouldn't laugh at other people's points of view, it's a good way to start an arguement.

Post 10

If your cousin is intelligent enough to understand this article, then he/she is ready to know the truth. And as I mentioned before, this article appears in various forms on the internet over 2000 times. One more is hardly going to damage the world.

At any rate, there is no longer any point to this conversation, as the article in question has been deleted.

Post 11

hickory

I'm sorry to see you yield so easily to censorship

Post 12

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

This is a double thread in parallel to http://www.h2g2.com/F48874?thread=94967&skip=0&show=20, and the entry has been deleted in the meantime.

Thread Moved

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Sanat Claus: The Facts'.

Back to Entry - article deleted.

Key: Complain about this post