A Conversation for The Easter Bunny

Peer Review: A17499612 - The Easter Bunny

Post 1

mumsarelli

Entry: The Easter Bunny - A17499612
Author: mumsarelli - U250822

I have always wondered why a rabbit was a symbol of Easter and so I decided to investigate it. I researched the internet and some books and came up with a lot of information which I sifted through and wrote about what I thought was the most pertinent.
I actually wrote this about 3 years ago and had forgotten about it.

A17499612 - The Easter Bunny

Post 2

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Interesting and worthwhile Entry, mumsarellismiley - smiley

It might be worth pointing out that sometimes Easter (Eostre) is sometimes (erroneously) associated with the female hormone, oestrogen – which is responsible for causing the lining of the uterus to thicken prior to ovulation (Production of an EGG cell). However, as elegant as this explanation is, unfortunately there is no connection. Apparently oestrogen is actually named after the Latin word oestrus, meaning ‘to rut’; itself derived from the Greek οιστρος meaning a ‘mad frenzy smiley - laugh.

I'm sure you might be ab;e to get some links in to other EG Entries. smiley - ok

Post 3

Hmm, hootoo didn't l9ike that Greek word. Not to worry, you get my drift, I'm sure smiley - smiley

Post 4

e.g. one link would be 'Chocolate Easter Eggs, A545636.

Post 5

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Lovely entry smiley - applause

>>
The ‘bunny’ as a symbol of Easter was first mentioned in German writings in the sixteenth century and introduced to American folklore in the eighteenth century.
<<

Do you know if that was that via German immigrants, or other immigrants from Europe?

Where else did the symbol spread from Germany?

Post 6

mumsarelli

Thank you for your comments.

I'm afraid that as I did the research 3 years ago I can't remember correctly any of the other information I found out.

Post 7

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

If you wanted to put this entry into Guideml all you need to do is put at the beggining of each paragraph and at the end of each one. You can then use the button to change the entry into Guideml. Once this is done you can put in headers and subheaders etc. But its down to you whether or not you want to change this. It looks good already but I think there is some way to go too.

Post 8

U168592

I should like to see this is in the Edited Guide. It is well written and full of fun facts. However, I wouldn't worry too much about GuideML just yet, as it is plain to see you are quite new to h2g2. In fact, this is your first ever Entry! To help you ease into GuideML and writing for the Edited Guide there are many people to explain how to use it.

As far as content is concerned, ths is very near to being selected I believe. If this got selected, I'm sure the Sub-editor assigned to the piece may work alongside you to help teach you how to use GuideML, hen your next Entry you submit to Peer Reveiw wil be even bigger and better.

Because I'm sure there will be more if we all encourage you along nicely smiley - smiley

Post 9

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

I tend to agree. This is quite interesting and is in good shape content-wise. It is an easier task, I think, for a Sub to add guideml to a clean document than to straighten out clumsy guideml.

So, here's some encouragement - Fine job!

smiley - cheers

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

You should certainly link to A2465426 Hares in Mythology, which also explains the origin of the Easter Bunny.

Post 11

The H2G2 Editors

Nice entry - any more comments?

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 12

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 13

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

smiley - applausesmiley - bubbly

Post 14

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

Oh, Well done! smiley - applause Good for you smiley - somersault

Key: Complain about this post