A Conversation for Kimchee

Yo Kimchee!

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

Great Article!
I know I've said it before, but I'm saying it again: great article. Although it reminds me that it is approximately 2 weeks since my last dose, and I'm suffering withdrawal. It is highly addictive. Which is why, as I'm writing this I have decided to go Korean for lunch.
Bye
Sho
smiley - kiss

Yo Kimchee!

Post 2

Pheroneous

For everyone, apart from Sho, interested in things Korean, stop by Sho's homepage http://www.h2g2.com/U129860 and read her extensive diary. Its a good portrait of Korea through Western eyes.

Yo Kimchee!

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

*blush*

Yo Kimchee!

Post 4

Graham C

Great Article on Kimchee!!! I also took your advice and read Sho's Korean trip report as well. Absolutely superb and awoke a lot of memories for me.

My first trip to Korea was back in 1987 and I travel there several times a year on business. For myself, I love the whole way of preparing food in Korea and have had some truly excellent meals. The hot spices and general liberal use of garlic is great for health. Among most of my (English) colleagues I am the only one who regularly eats lashings of Kimchee - it is an accquired taste but not everyone makes it to the second mouthful.

I'm off again early January and can't wait to get my fix. Keep up the good work and good luck spreading the Kimchee gospel.

Yo Kimchee!

Post 5

The Entity

Hi all....I looooove kimchee, particularly the way my mummy makes it smiley - smiley yummm

Yo Kimchee!

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

Dear Mr. The entity,

Don't suppose you have a recipe?

I have finally obtained a recipe. And a sample from a friend. And now the husband loves it, and has agreed to make some.
I am one happy teddy. smiley - biggrin

Yo Kimchee!

Post 7

njan (afh)

*coughs*... MRS... entity... (or ms)

Yo Kimchee!

Post 8

The Entity

hi hi all! this is the entity (i think in "real life" they'd call me something like ms smiley - smiley ) anyway, i have got a new passwrd after a year and a half of pining away for my lost password. *g* as for a recipe, loads, as there are lots of types of kimchee. there even ones with fish in them i think. but i'll speak of that après...Finals!!! ahhhh. die fiend. die *excuse me* ahem, good evening everyone, I will resume my former loquacity soon..smiley - smiley
-thentity.

ps: hi njan! *poke* or tsusuku. i think it's poke in japanese.

Yo Kimchee!

Post 9

njan (afh)

Hey, honey. smiley - winkeye

smiley - hug

I'm sure you'll do really well.. *has faith in you* smiley - cheerupsmiley - biggrin

Feel free to drop in at any time, now that you're back in the land of the active and around. smiley - smiley

*points at his name* come, see. :p

Yo Kimchee!

Post 10

Pinniped

Hey Sho!
No, you can't possibly like kimchee. I'd got you down as reasonably normal.
The stuff tastes like rotting cabbage doused in Ronsonol, for heaven's sake.
And the garlic! The whole country is a culinary affront, IMHO
Pinsmiley - yuk

Kimchee!

Post 11

Spaceechik, Typomancer

I like kimchee, but with a couple of reservations --

1. In a korean restaurant, versus those jars in the asian supermarket (at least the market in MY neighborhood -- dozens of kinds, haven't tried them all, but the 4 or so I did -- no.)

2. NEVER allow some deranged individual to microwave their kimchee in your presence (or the same block of your residence!)
Memorable -- for all the wrong reasons.

A co-worker almost lost his job for it!! smiley - winkeye

SC

Kimchee!

Post 12

Spaceechik, Typomancer

I quite like kimchee, but with a couple of reservations --

1. In a korean restaurant, versus those jars in the asian supermarket (at least the market in MY neighborhood -- dozens of kinds, haven't tried them all, but the 4 or so I did -- no.)

2. NEVER allow some deranged individual to microwave their kimchee in your presence (or the same block of your residence!)
Memorable -- for all the wrong reasons.

A co-worker almost lost his job for it!! I started work in that office a WEEK AFTER the incident, and *I* still remember the smell. I was told the security guard in the building looked for a scene to a crime, when it first happened!! smiley - winkeye

SC

Kimchee!

Post 13

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Simulpost with myself?

Is that proper?

smiley - yikes

SC

Yo Kimchee!

Post 14

Dave D'Agostino

Kimchee is splendid. I spent a few weeks working in Seoul 8 years or so ago and became addicted to it.

The same goes for most Korean food; all tasty, spicy and healthy. My one reservation is the lunch where we were served still-writhing, freshly chopped-up octopus tentacles.

Key: Complain about this post