A Conversation for Improving your Life

A478307 - Improving your Life

Post 1

Andy G

http://www.h2g2.com/A478307

Post 2

SmartGamer, Keeper of That Which Breaks Down Easily [(11*5)-(4*2+5)=42] (Scout)

Whoa, hold on there. The Moderators will never clear this, not only for the language, but for the general gist of it. I suggest you remove it, or at least **** out the words yourself, or someone (namely, me) will hit that YIKES button.

Think twice before submitting this; I don't think it's gonna fly...

Post 3

Nobody Particular

Well I thought that this article was sort of funny in a sarcastic sort of way.

Though not in my opinion, Edited Guide Material. I think that this is great to just be left the way that it is in the non-edited guide. Softening this article up will make it lose its punch. I think that it should stay unedited and Pure.

Also I think that this only presents negative help. And not really help at all. Just sort of cynical advice. So I doubt if it would be of much use in the Edited Guide.

Though it is pretty funny! smiley - smiley

Nobody Particular

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

There appears to be a consensus of sorts here -- how would people feel about moving this thread out of Peer Review?

Mikey

Post 5

Martin Harper

smiley - laugh

I think one has to presume that this entry is meant to be taken in jest - but I can see the headlines now: "BBC Advocates Killing Everyone"... smiley - winkeye

But yeah, I'd be happy to have this moved out of Peer Review. After all, people - Violence is not the Answer! smiley - smiley

Post 6

LUCIEN-Scouting the web for the out of the ordinary

Having seen the movie scream, I'm inclined to agree with the author....(shakes head and walks off)

Post 7

Barton

Obviously a bad brain day. I've had them but I try to apologize for them. Thumbs down.

Barton

Post 8

Andy G

This article has hoved to http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A543205 because a load of idiots took it off (that one word must have been SO offensive, as if no-one hadn't ever seen a word like that or been offended). I'd like to see the manager now....

Post 9

Andreas --

If it had only been the one word that was offensive, the moderators would have simply starred out the word, not removed the whole entry.

As it is (and was), the entry appears to advocate actions that are illegal in the UK and in most other countries as well. Doing so is a breach of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you became a researcher, and is likely why it was removed. I know emails are automatically sent when an entry is removed - I'm sorry the email sent to you wasn't specific enough about explaining all this. There is a plan in the works to make the rejection emails more helpful in the future.

Mikey

Post 10

Peta

The community *itself* asked for your entry to be removed from Peer Review and from the Guide itself. A number of community members said that they found it offensive.

The entry was not removed because it contained a swearword, it was removed because it advocated 'killing everyone you hate', and 'beating up people'. This is anti-social and promotes an illegal act.

Post 11

Martin Harper

Andreas, just so you think this isn't the work of anonymous censors, I pressed the yikes button myself. There are quite enough mass murderers around already, without encouraging any more. Sorry: some 'jokes' aren't funny... smiley - sadface

Post 12

Andy G

All men are brothers - Hence war

Post 13

SmartGamer, Keeper of That Which Breaks Down Easily [(11*5)-(4*2+5)=42] (Scout)

I YIKES!ed on this one too. Don't direct anger at one person- how many people does it take to YIKES an entry out? :o

Post 14

Someone "yikes"ing an entry or posting does not remove it -- it refers the entry to a moderator's attention. It will only be removed if the moderator in question determines that it is in violation of the House Rules, deliberately offensive, etc.

smiley - smiley
Mikey

Thread Moved

Post 15

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Improving your Life'.

Back to Entry - article deleted.

Key: Complain about this post