A Conversation for Higgeldy Piggeldies

Higgledy Piggeldies

Post 1

S.R.S.

Since there is an edited entry on Limericks, why not have one on the the topic of Higgledy Piggeldies, since they people are less familar with them, and they are just as funny. See http://www.h2g2.com/A470558

Higgledy Piggeldies

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Interesting. Here's an idea: Why not solicite some original Higgledy Piggeldies from the h2g2 community to replace the examples you used? Perhaps you could add a little bit more background information, such as when Higgledy Piggeldies enjoyed their greatest popularity. I can imagine victorians being mad about them.

JTG

Higgledy Piggeldies

Post 3

amdsweb

I think that is a very good idea. I'd never heard of Higgledy Piggeldies until now - this will certainly complement the entries on Haikus, Limericks and Clerihews.

smiley - doctor

- Adam

Higgledy Piggeldies

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

You should put something in to say when Higgledy Piggledies were invented. Are they a recent phenomenon? Who invented them?

Can you find even one which obeys all the rules? The examples you have all seem to be in gross violation of at least one rule.

Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Higgeldy Piggeldies'.

From Peer Review Sin Bin to Flea Market

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Higgeldy Piggeldies

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more