A Conversation for The Dress - what colour is it?

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A87854142 - The Dress - what colour is it?

Post 1

XY007

Entry: The Dress - what colour is it? - A87854142
Author: XY007 - U15001265

Really need some help. Not submitting to Peer Review yet. My first article. I don't think it really fits an encyclopedic style.

A87854142 - The Dress - what colour is it?

Post 2

Bluebottle

I enjoyed reading the article through, and thought your style was fine. The only minor point I'd mention is that for entries intended for the Edited Guide we tend not to use 'I' or 'We'.

It is a short, sweet, enjoyable entry and I'd be happy to see it in Peer Review.

(Despite my complete lack of interest in fashion even I had heard of the dress, though being colour blind wasn't involved in the discussion. Whatever colour it turned out to be, I'm sure it is the new black...)

<BB<

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

I like this too smiley - biggrin

I found the phenomenon fascinating - I saw The Dress photo on tv and it was white and yellow, but then I looked at the picture on a news website and it was blue and black.

smiley - ok

Post 4

XY007

Agh. How to submit for peer review?

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Hi XY007

You have to take it out of the Edited Writing Workshop first, by clicking on the X next to the entry in the list.

<./>RF2</.>

Then when you look at the Entry, you should see the option to Submit for Review again.

I hope that helps, but do say if it doesn't work and <BB< or I should be able to sort it out for you.

smiley - ok

Post 6

Bluebottle

First you have to remove this from the Edited Guide Writing Workshop. So click on ‘Edited Guide Writing Workshop’ above and when that page loads, next to where it lists ‘A87854142 - The Dress - what colour is it?’ there will either be an X or the word ‘Remove’ (depending on which skin you are using). Once you’ve clicked on that, you should be then able to submit this to Peer Review from the entry itself. This is in exactly the same way that you submitted to the Edited Guide Writing Workshop, but select ‘Peer Review’ instead.

<BB<

Post 7

XY007

I'm sorry. I don't see it.

Post 8

h2g2 Guide Editors

No problem - I have taken it out of the Edited Guide Writing Workshop. Hopefully you now see the option to Submit for Review again and can choose Peer Review.

smiley - ok

SashaQ - h2g2 Guide Editor

Post 9

Bluebottle

Do you need a hand submitting this to Peer Review? Any questions, give me a shout!

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more