This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

Mother's Day

Post 1

You can call me TC

So yesterday was Mother's Day in Germany and the US.

I got a bunch of flowers through Fleurop with a note "Sorry about the lame mother's day gift" but no name. Hmmm - which of the three could have sent it? The address was "Fleurop, Berlin" but that doesn't necessarily mean it was the son in Berlin that sent it. I wrote an e-mail to all three, thanking them for the smiley - cheerup (actually it was some smiley - rosesmiley - rose.)

No 2 wrote back, saying that it wasn't him, although he'd thought about it. No 3 (in Berlin) obviously hadn't read the e-mail and send a txt msg a couple of hours later wishing me a Happy Mother's Day, a propos of nothing.

Later in the evening, No. 1 in San Francisco woke up and answered the e-mail, indignantly pointing out that there was a note with it. So it was him, but he didn't sign his name.

From what Gosho has said in his journal you are positively bombarded with reminders in the US, so it's not surprising he thought to send flowers.

Was probably my first Mother's Day gift since they left kindergarten.

--------------
Food
--------------

I got a bit organised at the weekend and while I was cooking dinner last night, I rustled up what my mother used to call a Pot Mess for lunch today. It was a bit heavy for the summery weather we're having, but it was what we used to have whilst camping or on boats when I was a kid. And it was deeeee-licious.

Basically, just a carrot and an onion and a large amount of celeriac (which I was wanting to use up), fried and then simmered, and bolstered with a small can of corned beef and a carton of strained tomatoes.

Mother's Day

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Are strained tomatoes anything like crushed tomatoes?

Mother's Day

Post 3

Icy North

It depends what their initial expectations were.

Mother's Day

Post 4

I won't even mention demoralized tomatoes. smiley - winkeye

Mother's Day

Post 5

Recumbentman

smiley - smiley

Mother's Day

Post 6

You can call me TC

While i've no idea what Recumbentman is grinning about. I must admit Icy's post made mesmiley - snork

Mother's Day

Post 7

Speaking of demoralized tomatoes, my sister raises them from seed in her in door mini-greenhouse. yesterday she gave me three tomato plants she had grown. I got them home, put them in a long planter, and realized how wobbly they are. I'll need to find stakes to tie them to.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more