This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

Sneeze, cough

Post 1

You can call me TC

No - I'm not ill, but they're doing work in our office. Contrary to nearly every other company in the Western world, we are doing quite well and expanding and have moved our showroom to the other end of the building. Now that large open area is being converted into new offices and conference rooms. This involves moving walls and installing new ones, all of which are insulated with that yellow fibreglass padding.

The weather being hot, the glass dust is flying about and sticking to our sweaty arms and making us sneeze and cough. They ought to give us masks.

The office is turned upside down as furniture is provisionally moved about to make room for the men to move the wall panels, and the corridors are chock-a-block with odd filing cabinets, cuboards and tables.

Not to mention the drilling and hammering - just as you are trying to understand someone on the phone. smiley - headhurts

I'm on holiday from next week - I hope it'll be over when I get back!

Sneeze, cough

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Fibre glass dust is very, very bad for you. I'd recommend using a mask.

Sneeze, cough

Post 3

Recumbentman

Stage a walkout: health & safety.

Sneeze, cough

Post 4

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

don't run the risk of silicosis (no matter how small that risk may be)
it's a horrific condition and your workplace should be taking safety precautions

Sneeze, cough

Post 5

Websailor

That's disgraceful, no-one should be working in those conditions without masks. I agree a walkout or something is needed if they are not carrying out their duty of care.

Health risks might not be apparent for a while but you should keep details of times, dates and conditions and photos if possible for future use.

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more