This is the Message Centre for Gnomon - time to move on

Belated Happy Birthday, h2g2

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

So this place was 17 years old yesterdsy, apparently, but no one noticed.

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

I noticed but I forgot to post (and I only noticed because of the "on this day" feature on facebook smiley - sadface )

Post 3

You can call me TC

I can never remember when it was. I always associated it with May.

And I'm very sorry I didn't mention your birthday, Gnomon -- belated Happy Birthday to you, too!

Post 4

Icy North

I'm always complaining that people celebrate 'big' birthdays for no reason other they divide by ten, or whatever. Why shouldn't 17 be the one? It's a brilliant number.

smiley - discosmiley - gift

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

In fact, absolutely prime!

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Lining up the drinks for people when they arrive:

smiley - redwinesmiley - redwinesmiley - redwinesmiley - redwinesmiley - redwinesmiley - redwinesmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - ok

Post 7

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit following most converstions
"< F6833192?thread=8313307&post=110991011 > and the reaction < F22133174?thread=8315969 >

Happy HooToo birthday smiley - cheers"

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

What's the "on this day" feature on Facebook, Sho?

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Earth Edition (ie me) made a posting on Facebook, but it doesn't look like you saw it, so is the post you saw something else?

The happy birthday post here was posted in The Lounge rather than Announcements - a few people noticed smiley - oksmiley - cakesmiley - cider

Post 9

Sho - employed again!

on a computer on the left hand side where your groups and such like are listed, if you scroll down a bit there's an "on this day" link which shows you posts you've made on that date in previous years (you can tinker with it so that you can exclude dates you'd rather not be reminded of)

on your phone you have to go to the menu thing (top right) and scroll down to find it)

As for posting it in the lounge - I'm not sure how many people subscribe to that. I don't. I find Ask better, more active.

Post 10

You can call me TC

I didn't know the Lounge was a place you could post to. I thought it was just a sort of name for the forums Misc Chat, Ask, and , erm. I think I've seen it in Pliny somewhere.

Post 11

Milla, h2g2 Operations

oh please subscribe - the more the merrier smiley - smiley
http://h2g2.com/thelounge/

smiley - towel

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

The Lounge is accessible from the old skins Goo etc at A87791061 but it is just an empty page with a few conversations attached. It doesn't have the links to lists of the most recent conversations from Ask etc that you would see in Pliny.

Post 13

Icy North

It serves a purpose, if you consider each conversation as a deckchair, and Askh2g2 and The Lounge as alternative decks on which you could arrange them, on this Starship Titanic of a website.

Post 14

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Oh that's odd! thanks for pointing it out! I'll see what to do about it.
smiley - towel

Post 15

Gnomon - time to move on

I've been thinking about what to do about it but haven't come up with any practical answer yet.

Post 16

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

~ So happy to say, Happy, Happy Birthday, h2g2 . . . smiley - bubbly. .. ...

Post 17

You can call me TC

I'm just grinning imagining everyone in each thread sitting on top of each other in those deckchairs. The last one to post can crawl out of the pile and gets to sit on top!

Post 18

Icy North

I think we just identified the smiley we're missing. Can Mala knock up a deckchair?

Post 19

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - thepost has been acknowledging the b'day all week... A87870315 ...smiley - bubbly

Yeah, deckchairs needed...one with smiley - towel...smiley - run

Post 20

You can call me TC

and smiley - island

Key: Complain about this post