This is the Message Centre for Gnomon - time to move on

Still Writing for the Guide

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

I'm still writing away, because that's what I do.

I enjoy learning and then passing on that knowledge. In real life at the moment I'm amusing myself by using my knowledge of the hills and forests of Wicklow and my skills at map-reading to design walking routes for a group of friends. We try to go out on Sundays and cover at least 10k.

Here in the Guide, I'm producing entries faster than the system can process them. We seem to be down to one or two sub-editors and one artist. I don't know if there are any scouts at all. Forgive me if I've got that wrong, I've no inside information on the subject, just what I see around me. The only people regularly writing entries now are the Guide Editors, Bob Stafford, Florida Sailor and me. (That's from memory - I might have missed someone).

I'm trying to keep the the entries varied, so at the moment of the 14 entries I have in Peer Review, there are four about Ireland, four on Turkey and assorted entries on mathematics, astronomy, wildlife, Greece and JRR Tolkien. The huge concentration on Turkey is as a result of my recent trip to Istanbul, but I've nearly written all I can on that subject - just one more to come, on Mimar Sinan the master architect of the Ottoman Empire.

I'm hoping that the reason one of my entries has received no comments at all despite being almost two months in Peer Review is because it is perfect.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Still Writing for the Guide

More Conversations for Gnomon - time to move on

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more