Vip

Oh Milla. smiley - sadface

smiley - hug

smiley - rose

Milla's mother

Post 25

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - hugsmiley - candlesmiley - peacedove

I'm sorry about that, and that it went so fast. Good thoughts your way.

Milla's mother

Post 26

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Thanks all for your thoughts.

I'm still in some sort of not realising, I think. On one hand I feel relief that she isn't struggling, she isn't getting sicker all the time like she was. And that I don't have to worry any more. And I can spend time at home again - not going to the hospice.
But I can't really get that she's gone for real. That she won't be at their house again - I've been to see dad, but it looks the same, like she is just out briefly. Perhaps I just don't have the "missing someone" molecules in my brain? Odd, anyway.

smiley - towel

Milla's mother

Post 27

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Sending good thoughts to you and your family smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

Milla's mother

Post 28

SashaQ - happysad

I'm thinking of you, Milla smiley - hug

I know what you mean about some sort of not realising...

I do miss my partner so much, as we used to chat online every evening and I really miss sharing our news, but otherwise everything is the same, and it is odd... Hard to know what real is...

smiley - hugsmiley - cry

Milla's mother

Post 29

Websailor

You will get that feeling for a while. One day they are there, the next they are not. Even if expected it is still hard to come to terms with, but concentrating on the fact that they are not suffering any more is a great help. I felt guilty about the relief I felt but it is normal.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Milla's mother

Post 30

You can call me TC

You don't need special molecules, Milla - it is quite a normal reaction. It may take up to three months to sink in.

Milla's mother

Post 31

Hati

smiley - peacedove

Milla's mother

Post 32

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - hug friends. You're the best.

After some downtime, things are gearing up again. Dad needs help and moral support, talking to the bank about shifting the credit debts to a regular loan, selling the house, this and that. And learning to use the computer bank. It's a bit glitchy to be honest, but he's scared to make mistakes, and thinks the glitches are his fault. But we're getting there. And we use black humour to pull through, I just worry we made the banking lady a bit uneasy by joking... oh well.

Peewee and I were there the other day, picking shoes and clothes from mum's closet. It felt weird, but dad seemed genuinely happy that we found things we like. And I'm not sure what it says about our family that her tastes work for three generations smiley - biggrin.

And for the funeral, we asked that people donate to cancer research instead of buying big flower arrangements. Donation messages are already trickling in, which feels really good. I'm surprised at how nice that felt. The letters don't say how much was donated, which also feels surprisingly good.

So, in all the strangeness, there is a lot of good. Including you all.

smiley - towel

Milla's mother

Post 33

Witty Moniker

Don't worry about outsiders' reactions to your actions regarding the death of your mother. If you understand each other as a family, that's all that matters. I'm sure that banking lady forgot about you 10 minutes after you left the building. smiley - hug

Milla's mother

Post 34

Beatrice

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you and yours the strength and grace to get through x

Milla's mother

Post 35

Things may seem bleak now but I understand you are getting better and anyway even this bleaknes shall pass

The light at the end of the tunnel is not necessarily a train roaring towards you smiley - cheerup

smiley - pirate

Milla's mother

Post 36

Santragenius V

A late smiley - rose (here, anyway) - and what they said. Seems you're coping even though it of course is hard - I'd even say coping well smiley - smiley

Milla's mother

Post 37

Milla, h2g2 Operations

The funeral service was today. It turned out just like I wanted it - scout themed songs (One that we used to sing at the end of campfires, and tapto (taps) on trumpet, and others that we sung at scout confirmation camp), and the "I have gone home" symbol on the agenda.

All her siblings came, with spouses and many children, and old friends and colleagues, and new(-ish) golf friends.

The priest is also a golf friend, and she did a wonderful job. The golf gang came for coffee at dad's house later, and it's a wonderful bunch. I'm glad they are around for dad, and make sure he keeps coming out playing with them.

And now I am exhausted. I think I'll sleep well tonight.

smiley - towel

Milla's mother

Post 38

Sleep well, you have earned it smiley - hug

Glad to hear it went as planned and that you and your father are surrounded by friends and family smiley - smiley

smiley - pirate

Milla's mother

Post 39

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Today would be mum's birthday.
I'm not sure what to do about it. I think of her, but I don't want to go visit her grave today. Is that rude?

smiley - towel

Milla's mother

Post 40

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Milla, there are no hard and fast rules for this.

Go visit when you are ready smiley - cuddle

At the end of this month I will be visiting my mum's grave on the 10th anniversary and taking her favourite flowers, yellow smiley - roses

lil xx

Key: Complain about this post