This is the Message Centre for Milla, h2g2 Operations

Milla had New Years Eve

Post 1

Milla, h2g2 Operations

The night before, Son had been out cycling, but as he was cycling standing up, to get speed, the chain jumped off, and he stomped his right foot really hard in the asphalt. It didn't get better overnight, so just after 3.30 pm, we got to the A&E. The sorting hat people found it well to send us to the orthopedics. Where we waited. After some time, got called in, someone took a look at the foot. Sent us out again. Waited for x-rays. Got x-rays. Waited for the doctor to tell what they found.
Got called in to the doctor, who hadn't found anything on the x-rays - another doctor to the one who took a look at the foot earler. She prodded and pressed, and we all went to look at the shots. And now, when she knew where to look, she found the break. Just a little one, luckily, on the bone before the little toe, near the joint.

So. No plaster cast, and he uses crutches until he can't stand those. But there was a cracked bone.

Three hours. But since he's young, no fee.

smiley - towel

Milla had New Years Eve

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Humph - obviously, he wasn't broken enough.

Glad to hear he's been taken care of though, send my regards!

Milla had New Years Eve

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

So older persons have to pay fee smiley - huh

How much would that be then?

Please give him my regards and wish him a speedy recovery smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Milla had New Years Eve

Post 4

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I think when you turn 20, you pay 300 SEK or something. Not very much to be honest.

Yeah, he's not very broken at all, and already manages to limp short stretches without crutches.

The rest of the evening was very uneventful, plus an icecream at the golden arches.

smiley - towel

Milla had New Years Eve

Post 5

No fees here. I thought it was the same all over Scandinavia.

Maybe you should drive across Øresundsbron next time?

smiley - pirate

Milla had New Years Eve

Post 6

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I fear the bridge toll would cancel the savings...

I haven't been as an adult to the A&E in years, and when I was there with R, I was too upset to remember wether we paid or not. Regular doctor visits cost a little though.

smiley - towel

Milla had New Years Eve

Post 7

I see. 300 SEK may not be much, but any fee will make some people avoid seeing a smiley - doctor. How many homeless do you know that have that kind of money? It's always the poor poor that are badly affected by these kinds of "taxes" smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Milla had New Years Eve

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

You're so right. I believe there are a few places where doctors volunteer and take care of the poorest of poor. And illegal immigrants, paperless people and so on. But it would be better if it were free.
smiley - towel

Milla had New Years Eve

Post 9

A few years back a bourgeois government made us pay for every visit to the smiley - doctor - again... When the social democrats came into power they abolished this rule - again - because it obviously didn't do any good, only made things worse for the poor. Now some of the politicians suggest we try it again. Guess it shows they're only human. Because apparently humans never learn smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post