This is the Message Centre for Gnomon - time to move on

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi Gnomon smiley - smiley

I've takensmiley - marsA87842974 to sub-edit. Please go subscribesmiley - biroand I'll get on with the subbingsmiley - run

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Hope it brings back some happy memories.smiley - smiley

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 3

Indeed it didsmiley - ok these books provided me with an escapism on long, boring train journeys, many moons ago.

Thank you for writing this upsmiley - hugI realised how much of the stories I had retained, which just needed prompting. I also think JK Rowling must have read The Chessmen of Mars before writing her first Harry Potter novel!

I am done with my subbing duties - just awaiting your OK to return it to the Eds for proof read/final polishsmiley - ok

GB

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks, GB. Just one suggestion:

"During the stories at least two other lost white-skinned races are uncovered. John Carter's white skin allows him to disguise himself as a Thern very easily."

It would make more sense if these two sentences were swapped around, with the one about John Carter coming first.

smiley - oksmiley - booksmiley - galaxy

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 5

Donesmiley - biro

Subbing is being more of a pain at the moment due to the new security feature, us having to prove we're not a robot when clicking update on an entry that's not ourssmiley - crosshowever, I can update yours without this feature appearingsmiley - huh

It happens when I'm logged in as editor too.

GB

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Did you edit using Pliny or Goo?

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

That Cloudfare security Captcha appears for me every time I change any of my own entries in Alabaster. It only appears sometimes in Pliny.smiley - erm

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 8

I do everything in Classic Goo. I really am an old stick-in-the-mudsmiley - blush

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 9

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - mars

Subbing Mars/Barsoom

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

Thank you, Eds.smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Gnomon - time to move on

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more