A Conversation for Longmont, Colorado

Longmont, Colorado

Post 1

Dok Fenderson

http://www.h2g2.com/A414091

Hey guys! Just looking for alot of constructive criticism. Or even non-constructive if it's that bad! Thanks for your time.

Well, if it's constructive critisism you want...

Post 2

shrinkwrapped

A good start for an informative article researched from experience.
However... (dun dun durr!)

Please remember that h2g2 uses British English not American English (handy for us Brits! smiley - smiley)... so you might want to change stuff like 'honor' to 'honour' and 'recognizable' to 'recognisable'...

On a general spelling note (here goes) please check: discernable, surburbia, theater, resteraunt, appearantly, alot and untill. All of these are easy mistakes to make, which is why I reccomend writing your articles in an application like Word and doing a spell check! If you're not sure how a word should be spelt in British English (usually just a case of switching a 'z' for an 's' or sticking a 'u' in somewhere), just ask! smiley - smiley

Also, entries are often easier to read if there are some headers and subheadings...
Another suggestion: it's not really very 'Guidey' to write "in my opinion" in an entry - everything must be kept as a third person. So why not consider "A great asset of Longmont is its proximity to the Rocky Mountains..." or something similar.

Phew. That should give you something to do this weekend! Otherwise, good content, keep me informed and I'll keep watching...

Now I'm off to watch some telly.

Well, if it's constructive critisism you want...

Post 3

Crescent

Good Entry, should not have too much trouble getting picked up by a Scout smiley - smiley I wouldn't worry about the spelling or Americanisms too much, the SubEds can pick them out smiley - smiley I would like to see a bit on what else there is to do. Any good restraunts, or bars, even a museum etc. But as I said, good article, I liked it, seemed to give a slice of the amtosphere of the place (wether it is the correct feel or not, I do not know, but it was good smiley - smiley Until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Thread Moved

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Longmont, Colorado'.

From Peer Review Sin Bin to Flea Market.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Longmont, Colorado

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more