A Conversation for Rain

Horizontal rain...

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

...sucks muchly. And is one of the reasons I cited for not wanting to move back to where I'm currently living.

Horizontal rain...

Post 2

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

It especially sucks when attempting to cycle through it.

Horizontal rain...

Post 3

ITIWBS

...often associated with hurricanes...

Horizontal rain...

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Crescent City, California isn't exactly in a hurricane-prone area smiley - winkeye

Horizontal rain...

Post 5

ITIWBS

smiley - biggrinCrescent City, CA, I was up there during the autumn and winter of 1983-84, and remember torrential, non-stop downpours with almost never any let up.

I'm in the Coachella Valley, CA, just north of Imperial County and the Gulf of California, these days, way out in the Colorado Desert, summer temperatures between highs like 119F/48C and lows like 90F/32C, autumn and winter rather like springtime.

Rains are infrequent and usually disappointingly mild, but there are occasional hurricane force storms that bow over palm trees, stripping them of tbeir fronds, blowing trucks and other motor vehicles off the 10 freeway, etc., from September to June inclusive.

Though Crescent City is not hurricane prone, it does get an occasional tropical storm with similar dynamics and structure, but less force.

Key: Complain about this post