This is the Message Centre for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Do I really need sleep any more?

Post 1

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

The signs would seem to say not.

On a normal day I'll go to bed around midnight and I'm always awake before 7am; often before 6am. I do have a habit of dozing off on the sofa, but, you know... smiley - ale

Now, here I am just come home at 9.30am after a night shift, a little tired admittedly, but I really don't feel like going to bed. I might have a kip on the sofa.

And last week I ended up working a 17-hour shift, from 11pm to 4pm the next day, because someone had a little too much South by Southwest and didn't show up for his 8am clock-in.

It really wasn't as bad as you might think (apart from the awful bus journey home, but that's just because people around here smiley - bleep muppets when it comes to using the buses smiley - facepalm). When it got to around 9am and it was beginning to dawn that he wasn't going to show up my first thought was smiley - groan, but after that I just carried on with what I was doing, and those seven hours flew by. Before I knew it I was on the bus, and when I got home at 5.30pm, having not slept since 6am the previous day, I wasn't at all ready for crashy-byes. I stayed up until 11pm, went to bed (after having been up for 41 hours), and woke up at the usual time next day like nothing had happened.

Sleep is for wimps smiley - whistle

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

exactly! real men don't sleep! or... something... hgn on... that can't be the right saying... as I'mn classing myself in teh same group smiley - winekey - two 80 hour plus long 'day's in the past two or so months; whilst supposidly being ill... I often feel worse after some sleep, than after none... and... the sleeping tabs the doc gave me... no thanks... horrible things smiley - grrsmiley - zen

"no sleep, till bedtime!" I get eight hours; just often over about four days smiley - laugh

Post 3

I fell asleep on the sofa around 11am, woke up at 5pm.

I'm a wimp smiley - blush

Post 4

Baron Grim

Hah.

When I saw the subject, I assumed this was 2legs journal. When I saw it was yours I thought to myself, "compared to 2legs you're Rumplestiltskin." smiley - bigeyes<->smiley - zzz

smiley - laugh

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

we'll have to have.... a (non) sleep-over some time smiley - laughsmiley - silly

OK. now its 2 AM err, 2.12 actually. I woke circa 7 something today, after getting to bed, like well got into bed last night at 2, was awake still at 4...
so was on a supurb 3 hours sleep last night; after a 12 hour day at hospital having my loerly drugs smiley - snork

so. tired. so, not sleepy. and, I have quite most of the caffine; 1 litre coffee today; but shared with William, so only like two smlal cups were for me; all before like 11 am; just jasmine, since then, no caffine.

and. some interesting 'body pains', (no, for medical...... not other reasons... sadly ) looking like... tonight might not inolve too much smiley - zzz time smiley - alienfrown tempted... tempted.... - trying all pain control methods, at my control. smiley - zen err, none of which involve any drugs/medication... of course... I was too.... stupid, stuborn.... zen, to ask for actual pain control meds smiley - laugh teddy bears.... coconut oil moisturising... cups of jasmine tea.... synesthesia... and comibinations thereof... helping somewhat... and massage smiley - alienfrown I... might... have to weaken... and actulaly pop a couple of the dredful sleeping tabs... so at least I get some relief from muscle cramps if not exactly a refreshing sleep.... ; I can always sleep proper... in a few days I guess smiley - laugh or a weeks time... or... next year... I can't recall sleeping properly since I was like in my early teens.... smiley - alienfrown yeh.. sleeps for wimps as is... for some reason... according to my warped mind... pain killers/control meds smiley - laugh we'll see.... I'm sticking by my conviction. no pain meds. smiley - grr for the duration. just.... because... its an insane idea... smiley - laugh hmm. and I probalby should have stuck that in my journal... sorry! smiley - laugh brain going hyper again now though... of course... maybe an hour more... then I'll try sleep... smiley - snork must get up early, to shower, then sterlise house, housework to do you know... standards... and insanity to maintain and bacon to eat... smiley - laughsmiley - flyingpig

Post 6

Well, bearing in mind that I worked last night and have spent half the day asleep, I now have to try and get myself tired enough to go to bed because I have to wake up at 5.30am in order to be at work at 8am tomorrow morning (in other words, the time I clocked off *this* morning).

Copious amounts of bourbon are helping me to achieve this end smiley - stiffdrink

Which is also a pain control method smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more