This is the Message Centre for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Thought for the... well, until another one comes along

Post 441

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I still get same thrill, 40 years later, from seeing flowerbuds on one of my cacti, as I did when I was teenager growing them in a greenhouse in London smiley - bigeyes

Post 442

ITIWBS

They often are among the very showiest flowers in creation.

Post 443

I know I've said something like this before, but I still can't get over the fact that I'm sat here in Texas, listening a Test match being played in Antigua, broadcast from the UK, and in better quality than when I used to listen to TMS on Radio 4 long wave in London smiley - bigeyes

Post 444

I've just seen the apartment complex manager walk past with a whole bunch of people all in tow, all in business clobber and all carrying clipboards. I don't like it when I see something like that because it can mean one of three things (other options are available):

1. Another management company is looking to buy the property (unlikely in this case because it's only recently been bought by the present company).
2. They're looking at spending some money on improvements (a possibility, but there were far more people than you'd expect for something like that, and none of them looked like building or landscaping contractors).
3. They're looking at selling the property and turning all the apartments into condos, which would mean all the residents being evicted.

Option 2 would be nice, because the place definitely needs titivating, but it probably means even more rent increases smiley - cross

Post 445

Baron Grim

I think I'd have to go down the office and ask directly. If they're planning on making some drastic change, you should have as much lead time as you can to make arrangements.

Post 446

Baron Grim

Thought you might enjoy seeing the most London photo ever.

http://i.imgur.com/XPlsGnS.jpg

Post 447

How did you get that picture of me aged 5 and three-quarters? smiley - cross

Post 448

Baron Grim

smiley - biggrin

Post 449

There aren't many things more guaranteed to bring to a state of full consciousness than falling asleep on the sofa resting a glass on your belly, and suddenly finding yourself sitting in a small pool of whiskey* smiley - yikes

Yes, it was whiskey (bourbon of that ilk), not whisky.

Post 450

Baron Grim

Last night I half listened to a commercial on TV for some whiskey. If I heard it correctly they were bragging about aging their whiskey for a whole FOUR YEARS! Twice as long as legally required.

I think there are some tequilas aged longer than that. smiley - laugh

Post 451

Four years! Oh my smiley - bigeyes

Reminds me of a line from Carlton-Browne of the FO. Terry-Thomas has to go to a small island, I forget why. Peter Sellers is the Prime Minister of the island and he's giving TT a tour after he arrives. All I can recall of the scene is Peter Sellers saying something like "And this is our finest wine. Not a drop is drunk till it's at least three weeks old!"

Post 452

Oh Willie smiley - bigeyes
http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/news/2015/04/20/music-legend-nelson-to-roll-out-own-brand-of-marijuana.html

Post 453

Baron Grim

I don't think I've seen that.

IMDb has it listed as Man in a Cocked Hat. Netflix has it under Carlton-Brown of the F.O. but it's not currently available.

I saved it anyway.

Post 454

Man in a Cocked Hat. Oh IMDB smiley - rolleyes

Post 455

You have streaming I think, right? It's on 'Save' for disc renters too.

Post 456

Baron Grim

I'm still paying for both discs and streaming. I'm really not getting my money's worth, but I hate to drop either. There are still way too many films I watch that aren't on streaming that I can only get on disc, but then again, there are times when it's quite nice to see something right NOW!

Post 457

I tried streaming for a month, as a free trial, but there was so much on disc I couldn't stream, and very little on streaming I really wanted. I did use the opportunity though to watch every episode they have (which isn't all of them) of Cow and Chicken, which aren't on disc.

Post 458

I've lived in Texas for more than 15 years now... good grief, that's more than a quarter of my life smiley - cdouble

Any road up. In all that time I've never seen a yellow rose smiley - huh

Post 459

Baron Grim

http://www.tamu.edu/faculty/ccbn/dewitt/adp/archives/yellowrose/yelrose.html

The Yellow Rose of Texas was a woman of mixed race from near here on Galveston Bay.

Post 460

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

smiley - ok Thank you for posting a most interesting linksmiley - biggrin

I will always remember this when I hear the 'Yellow Rose' again.

F smiley - dolphin S

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more