This is the Message Centre for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

The weather report from Austin and other places around the world

Post 4321

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

We could really use a thunderstorm right now. It's been very humid. The temperatures are staying around average though - 92-94F.

Post 4322

Creeping closer to that elusive 100° temperature (98 today) but still no triple digits in the forecast. In fact it says we're going to get a few degrees cooler towards the end of next week, with the possibility of a little rain, perhaps. Nothing lower than 76/24.4 at night though.

Post 4323

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Well, since the hosepipe ban, it's rained everyday - we're in the middle of a great thunderstorm as I type smiley - sadface Guess who's going on holiday nex week?

Post 4324

Websailor

It might be better by then smiley - smiley Have a good one anyway,

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 4325

Finally! On the first day of August, the first day of scorchio smiley - biggrin

Normally I wouldn't be so happy about the temperature reaching triple digits but we've usually had several by this point in the summer, and this time last year there'd already been 43 of 'em!

Unfortunately though, the forecast is scorchio for the next five or six days smiley - sadface

Post 4326

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Humph - last week was only the second time in many years that we didn't manage to get on the beach smiley - sadface.

On the plus side it did give us more time for delicious meals out and browsing the art galleries smiley - ok

Post 4327

And the pubs?

Post 4328

Baron Grim

Ozone warnings for the Houston/Galveston area. Residents are urged to stay in (pubs).

Post 4329

See, gubbinment advice is good sometimes smiley - cheers

Post 4330

The delicious meals were in a pub smiley - cheers and our favourite art gallery cum antique shop is in a pub smiley - rofl

Post 4331

The Dog Days of August are living up to their reputation. 102 yesterday, 100 on Monday, and triple digits in the forecast right through until next Wednesday when it'll be a mere 99.

Post 4332

And it didn't go below 79/26.1 last night.

Post 4333

103 today. August is in full effect.

Post 4334

104 yesterday and 105 today. I think I'm sensing a pattern.

Oh well, at least we're getting some pretty good rain right now. Lot of storms in the vicinity. "There may be a few spotty showers tonight and Tuesday due to a nearby weak cold front. Any showers that form will be brief and very isolated." Er, no, we've been getting a full-on tropical downpour for the last 30 minutes or so!

Post 4335

102 today... it's getting colder smiley - brr Doesn't look like we'll be getting rain this evening.

Post 4336

Until we started this run of 100° days about a week ago, the mornings were quite pleasant. It felt relatively fresh and cool when I stepped out of the front door and walked to the bus stop even though it was already in the mid 70s, but now it's hot and oppressive right from the kick-off so you never get a moment's respite from the heat. Having even just a few hours of the day where you don't feel like the heat is pressing down on you makes all the difference.

Post 4337

101° today. I keep telling myself 'It could be worse, by this time last year we were approaching 60 days of 100°+ days for the summer whereas this year it's pretty much only been the month of August that we've been in triple digits'.

But it's been almost every damn day.

Post 4338

Baron Grim

We've only hit triple digits in Houston a couple of days so far but it's been the hottest August on record for average temperatures. Our low temperatures have been in the mid 80's. My dogs take every opportunity to come in to the A/C and I don't mind spoiling them.

Post 4339

News 8 Austin put up a .jpg a few days ago showing the temperatures on each day of August so far. Did I bookmark it? Did I buggery. Can I find it in my browser history? Can I balls.

102 so far today (probably 103 once the dust settles).

Post 4340

Yep, it was, and we have a forecast of 105/40.6 for today. We'll see.

17 100+ days so far this year at Camp Mabry, and every one of them in August.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more