A Conversation for 'Dark City' - the Film

Peer Review: A87872700 - 'Dark City' - the Film

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: 'Dark City' - the Film - A87872700
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

This was one of the first films my wife (then girlfriend) and I saw in the cinema together.

<BB<

A87872700 - 'Dark City' - the Film

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Ah - romantic days smiley - loveblush Sounds like a film that gave you a good excuse to get close during the scary bits smiley - laugh My first date film was X-Men Origins, and I wondered how to go about arranging to hold hands without it being too artificial, but the film definitely obliged with scary opportunity...

I enjoyed reading this, but was confused by the Spiral section, as it is a mixture of circles and spirals... I think I can visualize the city as a closed spiral, so the shape of it is a circle, with a spiral of streets from the outside to the centre, is that right?

smiley - ok

Post 3

Bluebottle

The first film we saw together was Kenneth Brannagh's 'Hamlet', but that was a school trip so I don't think it counts. We also went to see 'Batman & Robin' when we stayed in London on a school trip. The first film we saw together without anyone else was 'Titanic' in 1997, then 'The Man in the Iron Mask' in early '98, but 'Dark City' was the first film we saw together that was my choice smiley - winkeye
We may well have snuggled up a little smiley - loveblush, back in the days of the old Newport Picturedrome, a two-screen cinema that closed as soon as the multiplex opened.

You're right, it is a circular spiral with the main roads spiralling from the middle to near the edge, with a network of alleys and dark, narrow roads branching off. The Strangers don't want people going too near the edge, otherwise they'd realise that there is an edge.

<BB<

Post 4

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I have never seen the film but this seems to be a good summary. It sounds very interesting.

In the plot section you meantion 'Shell Beach' without any indcation of what it may be or what relevance it has. You do explain it much later, but at that point in the plot overview it is kind of confusing.

Post 5

Bluebottle

It is indeed an interesting film, and one I'd definitely recommend, especially at this time of year when the mornings and evenings are darker…

I've tweaked the first mention of 'Shell Beach', so hopefully that is now clearer.smiley - smiley

<BB<

Post 6

smiley - ok That's much better.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 8

Congratulations!

Post 9

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

smiley - bubblysmiley - applause

Post 10

Bluebottle

Thanks – is it a film you've seen?

<BB<

Post 11

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Yes, it was one of the better sci-fi films I've seen and much less pretensious than 'The Matrix'.

Key: Complain about this post