A Conversation for The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 2000-2009

Peer Review: A87834487 - The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 2000-2009

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 2000-2009 - A87834487
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

The final part of this series.

<BB<

A87834487 - The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 2000-2009

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

I love Disney films so I'm happy to see this in the Guide.smiley - smiley

Once again, just a little tidying to do.

---------------------------------------------
Choice of Words:

to abandon making traditional hand-drawn animation --> to abandon traditional hand-drawn animation

Spin offs -- Treasure Island and Muppet Treasure Island are not spin offs of Treasure Planet. Treasure Planet is a spin off of Treasure Island. Perhaps you could think of a better title for this section of the table.

In Chicken Little, you tell us about the Digital 3D release twice.

---------------------------------------------
Punctuation and Typos:

saw the Walt Disney Feature Animation's enter a decline -- remove the apostrophe

Camille Saint-Saens -- if you felt like it, you could put two dots on the e of Saint-Saëns. Not essential.

Edgar's Pomp & Circumstance --> Elgar's Pomp & Circumstance

1 January 2000 --> 1 January, 2000

Iguanodon, Brachiosaurus etc - since these are the names of animals they don't need an initial capital letter

closed in 2001following -- there's a space missing after 2001

A selfish Emperor is turned into a lama --> A selfish Emperor is turned into a llama (with two Ls)

Kuzco -- the capital of the Inca Empie is normally spelled Cuzco. Are you sure about the name of the main character?

Hans Christian Anderson --> Hans Christian Andersen

Gaetan 'Mole' Moière --> Gaetan 'Mole' Molière

You have:
Lilo Pelekai (Daveigh Chase)
Nani Pekekai (Tia Carrere)

I presume one of these surnames is a typo.

Stich vs Stich

You have the movie as Lilo & Stitch but you spell the name as Stich without the second t in 6 places. Which is right?

Was it 'Lilo & Stitch' or 'Lilo and Stitch'?

had bneen made -- a stray 'n' there

Pine of Rome --> Pines of Rome

smiley - oksmiley - booksmiley - galaxy

Post 3

Bluebottle

Thanks for the very thorough read-throughsmiley - ta, yep, I'll put my hands up and admit to all of those. I've definitely learnt the hard way that doing film studios by decades is a bit much, breaking it down into 5-year periods works better.

The only thing I'll comment I think needs a reply more than acknowledging a typo that's been corrected is that 'Kuzco' is spelt like that on the box, on IMDB, and Disney's Wiki website. When choosing a name they probably were inspired by the place, but slightly tweaked it.

<BB<

*Still embarrassed about Elgar/Edgar. I'm blaming autocorrect...

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

He was Elward Edgar, wasn't he?

Post 5

Bluebottle

Whenever you listen to music by Elgar, don't you always find yourself asking, 'Where did he go on his honeymoon?'

<BB<

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

<erm?

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Another enjoyable read as I've seen some of these smiley - ok

There's an Entry about IMAX A531190

Fantasia 2000 was OK, but not quite as classic as the original film.

The Emperor's New Groove was a light-hearted romp indeed - not particularly memorable for me, but definitely watchable.

I enjoyed Atlantis as I focused on the Milo and Kida storyline, but I agree there was a lot going on around them...

The flavour of Lilo and Stitch seemed odd to me for a Disney film, so I didn't see that one... Stitch reminds me of a Pokemon or something.

I enjoyed Treasure Planet just for the fun of comparing and contrasting characters from the original, but it was indeed an odd choice of film for Disney to do.

I've not seen Brother Bear - sounds like another challenging one...

I'd not even heard of Home on the Range, Meet the Robinsons or Bolt so they were interesting to read about!

Enchanted was really good - so funny in the details and referencing of older films, such as the skills that princesses have to charm creatures and make clothes! The main characters were very easy on the eye too!

smiley - ok

Post 8

Bluebottle

Thanks for the read through – I've added the IMAX link. I actually saw 'Fantasia 2000' in the BFI's London IMAX cinema, back in the days when there was only about 4 in the country.

'Lilo and Stitch' is probably one of the best Disney films of the decade – at least my kids really like it. It's one I didn't watch at the time but have seen (far too many times) on DVD since. I agree that 'Enchanted' is probably the moment that Disney rediscovered their identity and remembered that they can actually make good films.

Oh, and the Elgars went on honeymoon to Ventnor.

<BB<

Post 9

bobstafford

It must have provided plenty of variations smiley - winkeye

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

I think this is nearly ready to be picked. Just one point:

In the Princess and the Frog section, you mention the Goofy film - is that on the Princess and the Frog DVD, or was it a separate project? If it was separate, you perhaps could reorder the paragraph to put the Goofy film sentence first, and then the other sentences.

smiley - ok

Post 11

Bluebottle

Good question there – I've tweaked the Goofy mention to hopefully make it clearer how it related to 'The Princess and the Frog'. Alas, despite the price they charge for their DVDs, Disney are unbelievably stingy with the amount of extras they release, although they do like releasing a film on DVD, then releasing it again as a 'Special Edition' and then as a 'Diamond Edition' just to be annoying.

<BB<

Post 12

bobstafford

And just what is the difference BB

Post 13

Bluebottle

One is called 'Special' and the other is called 'Diamond'.

<BB<

Post 14

bobstafford

Interesting way of creating demand!

Post 15

SashaQ - happysad

Excellent tweak smiley - ok

Post 16

Bluebottle

smiley - ta

<BB<

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 17

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 18

Bluebottle

smiley - wowHurray!

I started writing these Disney ones back in September 2013, so it is with mixed emotions I see the last one leave Peer Review.smiley - smiley

<BB<

Post 19

SashaQ - happysad

Wow - that is an epic project indeed, but it is an asset to the Edited Guide smiley - magic

I hope the next instalment in the series is enjoyable for you to write in due course smiley - biggrin

Post 20

Bluebottle

I have started: A87875581 The Ultimate Disney Animated Film Guide: 2015-2019
(There are also work in progress entries for 2015-19 for Pixar, DreamWorks and Marvel)
Fortunately I don't have to finish 'em for a while yet...

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post