A Conversation for 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' - the Television Series

Peer Review: A87862963 - 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' - the Television Series

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' - the Television Series - A87862963
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

An entry about a television series.

<BB<

A87862963 - 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' - the Television Series

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

I have heard references to this TV series around, so this Entry is good to explain the details smiley - ok

Post 3

Bluebottle

Ooh - where have you heard these references?

<BB<

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Probably just on h2g2, actually, but anyway - very useful to tie up the threads!

Post 5

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I haven't seen the series and have also no idea if I ever saw more than half of a Terminator film. I found your summary good, it all seems to make sense.

Only your footnote 1 seems a bit redundant for me. But I never heard of that DrWho spin-off.

Post 6

Bluebottle

Thanks for the read throughsmiley - smiley

Because of the restrictions of the use of the word 'Terminator', the series was often referred to simply as 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' at the time that the BBC were making 'The Sarah Jane Adventures'. Surely I can't be the only person to have ever accidentally said one but meant the othersmiley - huh

Go out and watch 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' - best children's telly for years.smiley - smiley

<BB<

Post 7

Bluebottle

Happy Birthday Sarah Connor!
You've been in Peer Review a year today. smiley - bubblysmiley - candlesmiley - cake

<BB<

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - cake

I'm giving this a thorough read through, as I think it should be picked soon smiley - biggrin

"In 1999, Sarah and her son John Connor have settled into a quiet town... They leave "

Was it something Charley said? smiley - laugh

"With FBI agent Ellison chasing them and having been located by Skynet, they jump in time to 2007 in order to stop the creation of Skynet, the computer programme that destroys the world."

This could do with tweaking, I think, as you mention Skynet twice here before you tell us what it is.

"This led to a full series being commissioned, but after a few changes were made to the pilot."

This could do with splitting into two, I think - sounds like they had to make two pilots, but I presume you mean the full series had differences from the pilot.

Was the official title of the tragic event the Virginia Tech Rampage?

Footnote 2 has two Finals in it, so could perhaps be tweaked - I know what a final draft is, but not what a final script would then be.

You have FOX and Fox, so this should be made consistent.

" Sadly after the stalled first series, viewers for the second declined until they dipped below 5 million."

This could be tweaked something like: "Sadly after the first series stalled, the number of viewers for the second series declined until it dipped below 5 million."

"One of the consequences of the complex rights to the Terminator situation "

This is a complex phrase... Perhaps rephrase to something like "One of the consequences of the rights to Terminator being complex..."

"Sadly as the first series ended abruptly because of the strike, some minor plotlines in the first series were never resolved. In the first series..."

Perhaps delete the second mention of "the first series". Perhaps reorder the paragraph to put the mention of the blonde girls together, for example:

"there was a plot revolving around a classmate's suicide which never concluded, and John encountered a mysterious blonde girl in school named Cheri Westin. The second series began with John encountering another mysterious blonde girl, Riley Dawson, at his new school. Would Cheri's character have evolved into Riley?"

Superb final paragraph smiley - ok

Post 9

Bluebottle

Good points raised - I've updated the entry to reflect them.

<BB<

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 11

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post