SashaQ - happysad

Entry: 'Despicable Me 2' - the Film - A87859697
Author: SashaQ - happysad - U9936370

Here's the sequel to my 'Despicable Me' Entry smiley - biggrin

A87859697 - 'Despicable Me 2' - the Film

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Good entry, Sasha.

Is Gru a child or an adult? I got the impression he was a teenager. Has he now grown up or is he still the same age?

Some word choice and typos:

"and took $79 million to make. Made in France" -- try and reword this to avoid "make" appearing immediately beside "Made"

were made for DVDs -- I'd say "were made for DVD"

"Lucy Wild is an agent for the Anti-Villain League, tasked with getting insider knowledge from Gru in order to fight the villain who has developed an evil growth serum that turns anyone sprayed with it into an almost-invincible monster." -- this sentence is possibly too long. You could break it up.

Kirsten had a cameo ---> Kristen

Post 3

You can call me TC

Hello Sasha - I read this entry as I loved this film, too, but didn't comment - sorry. I'll have another read and comment in a minute.

Gnomon - well, everyone, really - if you haven't yet, you should watch the films. They are beautifully made - especially the girls' faces are quite touching - and you will come out grinning. The worst thing about them is Russell Brand's voice. It's not his fault, but the voice itself just doesn't suit the character at all, and his voice is also so distinctive that you associate it too strongly with the person Brand.

Post 4

You can call me TC

Ah yes, now I've re-read the entry I remember. It seems that quite a bit is repeated from the entry on the first film. That is perfectly appropriate, as the film itself can stand on its own, but maybe more reference should be made to the first film and the entry thereon. Sorry to be a bit vague about this.

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks Gnomon - I fixed those issues smiley - orib

Interesting about your impression of Gru - he's not a teenager, but he is of some indeterminate adult age, so I identify with him a lot, but he could perhaps be older than me... Lucy seems younger than him, but then again she could be older than she looks... I've tweaked the paragraph about Gru a little bit.

That's interesting about Dr Nefario's voice - perhaps because I'm not very familiar with Russell Brand (although I have heard him once or twice), it didn't bother me. However, I kind of know what you mean about the voice not really suiting the character, as he isn't as strongly like Bond's Q as he could have been...

I have added mention of the first film, and think it would be good to have both films linked at the top of the Entry if/when they are picked. smiley - ok

Post 6

Bluebottle

Is it worth mentioning that the song was Oscar-nominated and the UK's Christmas no 2, but the most successful song in both the US and UK?

On its initial release it was the 3rd most successful animated film of all time after 'Toy Story 3' and 'The Lion King'.

Despite this, it was only the second most successful animated film of 2013, being overtaken by Disney's 'Frozen' (anyone heard of that one?) but still beating DreamWorks Animations' 'The Croods' and Pixar's 'Monsters University'.

<BB<

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks <BB< - I've updated the introduction, so see what you think smiley - ok

I'm struggling to find statistics for the most successful animated film of all time - do you have a link?

smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Bluebottle

I don't really have a link, I just read film magazines such as 'Empire' and 'Total Film' which generally mentions it. You can see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26815584 which was accurate up to 2014, so doesn't have 'Minions'.
Do you believe Wikipedia?smiley - nahnah

<BB<

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

Ah smiley - eureka

I had looked at Boxofficemojo, but it only gave a chart for US domestic takings, in which Minions was lower than DM2. I checked both films individually and noted that globally Minions was above DM2, but I didn't run a comparison for all the films in the top 10 US domestic ranking to make my own global top 10 so I wasn't sure... Seems it might be worth doing, though...

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 11

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseYou can never have too many entries about animated films in the guidesmiley - winkeye

<BB<

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - applausesmiley - bubbly

Post 13

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post