A Conversation for 'Truckers' - the Television Series

Peer Review: A87850344 - 'Truckers' - the Television Series

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: 'Truckers' - the Television Series - A87850344
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

A look at the Cosgrove Hall television stop-motion animated series inspired by the Terry Pratchett novel.

<BB<

A87850344 - 'Truckers' - the Television Series

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

I like this - excellent summary of the programme itself, and I like the descriptions of the wider context too. Thames Television made outstanding programmes indeed smiley - senior <-- Quentin Crisp smiley

Post 3

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I've never seen this series, only read the book, but this seems to be a good Entry. smiley - smiley

Post 4

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I like the entry, too! It's informative and to the point, without being too dry. And it makes me want to watch the series, though it does not appear that there is a DVD release (I do own Wyrdsisters and Soul Music, so I'd probably enjoy this, too). I don't recommend changing a thing (and didn't notice any glaring typos).

smiley - cheers

Post 5

Bluebottle

It is out on DVD – I got it as a Christmas present last year, so it should still be available. I've looked and it is on amazon.co.uk for £6 or on amazon.com for $10/USD (for example only, other websites are available). Do a search for 'Terry Pratchett's Truckers' – if you just search for 'Truckers' lots of lorry documentaries come upsmiley - biker.

If you liked 'Soul Music' and 'Wyrd Sisters', you're sure to love 'Truckers'.smiley - smiley

<BB<

Post 6

Ah, thanks, I found it now! Must have not ticked the right search options the first time (it was early AM and pre-coffee smiley - winkeye). The $10 copies all ship from the UK, but there was one for $12 in PA, so I ordered that one, figure it's worth the additional $2 to get it a bit quicker.

Thanks for another recommendation. smiley - smiley

Post 7

Bluebottle

*Suspect I've read too much Terry Pratchett lately when I read 'AM' automatically as 'Ankh-Morpork'...*

<BB<

Post 8

smiley - laugh

I don't want to take this too far off-topic and create extra work for the sub-editors. But I did enjoy the entry, think it seems perfect as is, and it did motivate me to purchase the DVD so I can see it, too. I hope it will have the same effect for other Researchers once it is published in the Edited Guide. smiley - smiley

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - senior

Post 11

Bluebottle

smiley - wowYay!

<BB<

Post 12

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Congratulations!

Key: Complain about this post