A Conversation for The benefits of Post Test Training - Advanced Riding.

Peer Review: A87851505 - The benefits of Post Test Training - Advanced Riding.

Post 1

FWR

Entry: The benefits of Post Test Training - Advanced Riding. - A87851505
Author: FWR - U14998677

I was talking to a young lad the other day who had had his first motorcycle accident since passing his test a year or so ago. Breaking down the time frame of events, it was clear that he could have avoided the minor collision if he had been more aware of the developing hazards.

We got onto the subject of advanced training and I was asked why everyone isnt required to do some kind of post test training and if they did what to expect. There are an awful lot of adverts on the internet but very few explian why there is a need for further training and what to look for.
This short entry hopefully gives some advice to those considering further training but does not go into techniques (at the moment).
This entry is UKcentric (my apologies) but Im sure the main points translate to other parts of the world!

A87851505 - The benefits of Post Test Training - Advanced Riding.

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

I like the idea behind this Entry (information that will be an asset to the Guide) and I especially like the way you've put it together - the historical statistics as a counterpoint to the modern statistics make the Entry interesting reading for me as a non-rider too smiley - ok

Post 3

FWR

Thanks Sasha

Post 4

Bluebottle

I had a re-read through. I remember enjoying this entry when it first entered Peer Review and still enjoyed reading it now. There's nothing more I can add, except well done.smiley - biker

<BB<

Post 5

FWR

Thanks BB smiley - cheers

Post 6

bobstafford

Excellent FWR work and the advice is good and just right. I was fortunate as I went on a residential driving course. From lerner to test and then straight into advanced driver. There were 3 of us and an instructor/examiner. We took it in turns behind the wheel covering 200 miles a day between us. smiley - biggrin

Last part was safely at higher speed Lets hope this entry is read by everyone. Well done.smiley - ok

Post 7

FWR

Thanks bobsmiley - cheers

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 9

bobstafford

smiley - magic well donesmiley - alesmiley - cheers

Post 10

FWR

Thanks! smiley - cheers

Post 11

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - bikersmiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post