A Conversation for Digital Bridge Cameras, AKA The Mirrorless Cameras.

Peer Review: A87848978 - Digital Bridge Cameras, AKA The Mirrorless Cameras.

Post 1

bobstafford

Entry: Digital Bridge Cameras, AKA The Mirrorless Cameras. - A87848978
Author: bobstafford - U3151547

Please comment

A87848978 - Digital Bridge Cameras, AKA The Mirrorless Cameras.

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

F22144628?thread=8312585

Previous discussion

smiley - ok

Post 3

bobstafford

Its A87848978 I did an audit at editors request they thought it a dead conversation smiley - erm Sorry for any inconvenience

Post 4

bobstafford

Well spotted Sasha smiley - cheers

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Yes, it's good that you started a new thread so the link to the Entry is in the first posting, but I didn't want to lose our previous comments on this smiley - ok

One question I do have is about the phrase that says a bridge is not a poor man's SLR - I would say that the fixed lens is a larger limitation than this Entry suggests... I guess 90% is a fair percentage, though, as there are numerous options for Bridge camera photo types, but wildlife and building photos are limited by the lens...

Just out of interest, what size are the images from your DSLR? My compact takes 1MB photos, and the Bridge camera is 2-3MB.

smiley - biggrin

Post 6

bobstafford

The Bridge camera is 2-3MB. but there is a 1, 2 and 3 MB option switch. Left Switched to 3MB Fine quality

Post 7

bobstafford

One question I do have is about the phrase that says a bridge is not a poor man's SLR, it is a fine camera in its own right and every bit as good in the right hands as a DSLR. The limitations the fixed lenses the lens range for available for the DSLR gives it the edge. I have found a maker of MANUAL adaptors and I will use Minolta lenses on my next Fuji DSLR. NB: only because I have 6 superbe lensed from the 1990's when the company made the dogs B's lenses smiley - ok

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks bob - that is reassuring about the photo sizes , and about bridge vs SLR that the built in bridge lens has a useful variety of modes smiley - ok

I'm not quite clear about the difference between a compact camera and a bridge camera - I think the entry should say a compact camera has a screen *and/or* offset viewfinder, as my compact has both, but I also see later in the Entry that a bridge camera has more modes than a compact, so there are advantages to investing in a bridge rather than just a good compact (other than the fact that the bridge camera looks much cooler smiley - cool)

Post 9

bobstafford

The lens on a bridge camera although fixed has lens magnification (zoom) and often digital magnification. So you get a better range and a better quality image. A Compact is normally all digital zoom smiley - ok

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

Ah, I see...

I see why I was confused, though, as my compact has lens and digital zoom, and I think most of the newer compact cameras do - the lenses slot into the camera body neatly so that the cameras are handy to carry when switched off, but the lens then appears when the camera is switched on.

smiley - eureka my bridge camera has some manual control of exposure and suchlike, whereas the compact only has automatic setup, so that does make the bridge camera a bridge between full auto control and full manual control smiley - ok

Post 11

bobstafford

Good I appreciate the comments, is the entry now clear smiley - smiley

Post 12

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

My comment about the sun in the Compact Camera Entry applies here, too. I also puzzled about the sentence here about not zooming while filming, as I notice it quite often in the TV programmes I watch, but I guess that's because the programmes are 20th century so the style is now considered old fashioned... Perhaps you could tone the comment down and emphasise that the zoom is noisy, so it isn't the same as a professional video camera...

Post 13

bobstafford

All done Any more observations and ideas
smiley - ale

Post 14

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

Post 15

bobstafford

Anymore observationssmiley - smiley

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 16

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 17

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseAnother Camera entry recommended? Snap!

<BB<

Post 18

bobstafford

smiley - cheers BB

Key: Complain about this post