A Conversation for The Trick that Fooled Churchill

Peer Review: A87842451 - The Trick that Fooled Churchill

Post 1

Icy North

Entry: The Trick that Fooled Churchill - A87842451
Author: Icy North - U225620

Greetings, Peer Reviewers smiley - smiley

A companion entry to the recent one featuring Einstein...

Comments, corrections and suggestions welcome smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers Icy

A87842451 - The Trick that Fooled Churchill

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

No suggestions, very clear. smiley - smiley

I actually ran across this card trick on Youtube a couple of days ago. The 'magician' was claiming to be psychic - and that he could teach you how. I figured it was a stacked deck. smiley - laugh The Rhine Institute would go crazy about a hit rate like that. smiley - winkeye

Post 3

Icy North

The odds against it are one to two-to-the-power-of-48.

In other words, if you tried it 281,474,976,710,656 times, you'd maybe achieve the feat only once.

Post 4

Unless you were really psychic, I guess. smiley - laugh Although why anybody would want to use their psychic powers to sort cards out escapes me...outside of Vegas of Atlantic City, anyway...smiley - whistle

Post 5

minorvogonpoet

This trick obviously depends on being very careful how the cards are stacked.

I once managed to spoil an amateur magician's card trick, which depended on the way in which the cards were shuffled by spilling them all over the table! smiley - laugh

Post 6

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - laughbrilliant, Icysmiley - ok

Although I am now worried that you have been banned from the Magician's Circle for the rest of your mortal life.

smiley - winkeye

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 7

Icy North

Even though these tricks have been freely available in books, and more recently on the internet, people still try to sell them.

Post 8

smiley - laugh

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Icy North

I just realised I hadn't got around to adding links. Let me know if you'd like suggestions.

Post 11

Bluebottle

Congratulations!smiley - bubbly Another step towards reaching 100 smiley - winkeye
If you've links you'd like to add, then yes, definitely make suggestions. I can make a note to whoever sub-edits that there are links to be added (and I expect that the subeditor will read this comments thread anyway).

<BB<

Post 12

smiley - applause Next, you saw a lady in half...smiley - run

Subbie calling

Post 13

smiley - yikes although if you need a contortionist volunteer, my #2 daughter for a special rate smiley - winkeye

PR thread readsmiley - biroand I can add my own links thanks, it'll give me something to dosmiley - whistle

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Key: Complain about this post