A Conversation for The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 1970-1979

Peer Review: A87821012 - The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 1970-1979

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 1970-1979 - A87821012
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

Part III of the history of Disney's animated films.

<BB<

A87821012 - The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 1970-1979

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Excellent smiley - ok I played Disney Animations Trivial Pursuit today, so I'm ready to review this smiley - bigeyes

In the Aristocats section, I was surprised by the statement that a duchess outranks a princess - I did a quick internet search, but couldn't find any definitive information either way...

In the Robin Hood section, "After robbing Prince John, the ruler of England arranges a deadly trap" - this sentence is a bit funny - sounds like the ruler of England robs Prince John smiley - laugh

"Disney wished to get back to a mediæval theme" - I guess that is to follow a film mentioned in the previous Entry pre 1970; could you cross-reference? I think you also need to mention in the introduction about why the sections are numbered as they are, starting at 20 rather than 1, as you already covered the first Classic in the previous Entry.

"Robin, like Reynard, is a wolf" - that should be fox.

In the Winnie the Pooh section, the underlining in the Sequels box hasn't come through to Pliny...

I notice this is Part III, and Part II is not in Peer Review yet - I guess it should be, as it looks good to me!

smiley - biggrin

Post 3

Bluebottle

Thanks for your comments! I've added a bit more to the introduction to explain the numbers, rephrased the 'Robin Hood' and mediæval bits, and changed my mistaken wrong wolf to a correct fox.smiley - ok

smiley - modIn the Aristocats section, I was surprised by the statement that a duchess outranks a princess - I did a quick internet search, but couldn't find any definitive information either way...

smiley - offtopicStrange but true – a princess is a fairly recent title that derives from 'princeps' or 'Principal citizen' whereas a Duke is a 'Dux' or war-leader. So when Prince William got married, he was rewarded with a promotion from being a Prince to being Duke of Cambridge (Kate hadn't been a princess before, but if she had, now being a princess is a promotion). Of course, there are exceptions, so for instance the title 'Prince of Wales' outranks being a Duke within the UK, as it clearly means 'heir to the throne'. But in general, a Duke or Duchess outranks a Prince or Princess.

smiley - modIn the Winnie the Pooh section, the underlining in the Sequels box hasn't come through to Pliny...
smiley - biroThat must be a Pliny bug – I can't think of any reason why Pliny wouldn't allow underlining…?

smiley - modI notice this is Part III, and Part II is not in Peer Review yet - I guess it should be, as it looks good to me!
smiley - offtopicWell, the truth is I've not seen 'Sleeping Beauty' since I was quite young, and can't really remember it. I've read about it, but that's not the same is seeing it. It just isn't available at the moment, not even a second-hand VHS video, although I could get a 2nd hand DVD for about £16, which seems a bit overpriced to me. I imagine that as Disney are about to release 'Maleficent' about Sleeping Beauty's baddy they'll probably re-release 'Sleeping Beauty' soon, or their intended child audience won't have a clue who Maleficent is. Once I've seen it again, I'll put Part II in Peer Review.

<BB<

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

In the Robin Hood Plot section, it still needs to be tweaked to make it clear that it's Robin who robs Prince John, but I like the clarification about King Richard smiley - ok

Thanks for clarifying the princess vs duchess thing - I had read a newspaper article saying that the Duchess of Cambridge was *only* a duchess, because she wasn't yet ready to be promoted to princess, but I also saw a little bit about princess being a fairly recent title outside the other hierarchy, so that's fine smiley - ok

I did a bit of digging, and it looks like underlined font is not allowed in standard HTML (presumably because weblinks are almost always underlined and need to stand out) so the U tag must be being ignored by Pliny because it has no HTML associated with it...

Ah - I only skim read your other Entry, so I didn't notice it wasn't quite finished. I look forward to seeing Part II when it's ready then smiley - biggrin

smiley - ok

Post 5

Bluebottle

I never knew about the use of Underline tabs - so I've replaced them with Bold. I was trying to keep Bold to apply only to Classics, but the number should make it clear what is a Classic and what isn't.

I've also tweaked about the robbing Robin Hood.smiley - mod

<BB<

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

Yes, the section reads clearly with just bold, as the number has been explained.

smiley - biggrin

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Part 1 is on the Front Page smiley - magic

Post 8

Bluebottle

And as 'Sleeping Beauty' is going to be re-released on 2nd June, hopefully Part II will be in Peer Review soon after.

<BB<

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations smiley - magicsmiley - frog -->smiley - mod

Post 11

Gnomon - time to move on

Is this still being edited?

I watched The AristoCats last night and I noticed that it has a capital C in the middle of the name AristoCats.

In fact, it looks suspiciously like "The Aristo Cats" with a space, but the title on the cover of the box, in all capitals is "THE ARISTOCATS" so I assume there isn't in fact a space.

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

Bluebottle, you might also be interested in the lyrics of "A Persian Kitty", a traditional song which was sung by Phil Harris. I'm not suggesting you add this to the entry, though.

Key: Complain about this post