A Conversation for Film Star Pseudonyms

Martin Sheen

Post 1

manolan

Isn't he also the father of actor Emilio Estevez, thus having offspring using both real and adopted names.

Martin Sheen

Post 2

Lost in Scotland

Yes, he is, and that's why it says so in the article.

Martin Sheen

Post 3

manolan

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I know it says it in the article, but really it should have said it in the list, too, shouldn't it? Otherwise why bother highlighting his other son?

Martin Sheen

Post 4

Lost in Scotland

That is true.. It should have been mentioned.

Martin Sheen

Post 5

Bagpuss

What I thought was interesting, was that I always assumed Estevez was possibly his mothers maiden name, as Charlie had taken the name Sheen, but in fact turns out that Emilio had taken on his fathers real name, therefore, unless Martin Sheen changed his name by deed poll, then both him and his son with the same surname are both using stagenames...?

Martin Sheen

Post 6

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

"I should have locked her in the dungeon." Pres. J Bartlet - Random Quote Guild A907382

Martin Sheen

Post 7

Baron Grim

WOW.. this article is completely confused by the Sheens/Estevezes. Martin Sheen (the father) changed his name (originally Ramon Estevez).
Emelio (who was the first of Martin's sons to begin serious acting), born 1962, kept his birth name.
Charlie Sheen, born in 1965, took his father's stage name. While he technically began acting first having a small part in one of his fathers films in 1974 didn't really get started in hollywood until a couple of years after his OLDER brother Emelio.
Two of their other siblings, Ramon Estevez (born 1963) and Renee Estevez (born 1967) have kept their original surnames as well.

This really shouldn't have gone this long without being corrected.

smiley - vampire Count Zero, a LoON

Martin Sheen

Post 8

Mat

Martin Sheen is only his stage name. He still uses Estevez for everything else like paying bills, booking hotels, etc. He never actually changed his name.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more