A Conversation for Gutting a Fish

Top Information

Post 1

DickieP

I used to fish when I was younger, but only for "sport" and I would carefully lower any fish caught (usually none) back into the water. However, I have always wondered what I should do if I wanted/needed to eat my catch and this article has provided me with all of the information I could ever need (probably). Thanks.

Top Information

Post 2

Crescent

My pleasure smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent

Top Information

Post 3

RedFish ><>

See! A person who before would have let any fish htat was caught live will now be tempted to cut them open and eat them! All because of this article!
Cresent you should feel ashamed!

DOWN WITH THE FISH G*TTERS!

Top Information

Post 4

Crescent

Only if he is hungry. I am doing the fish a favour - before this he would have tried to eat it raw, still alive - now he knows the humane way to do this smiley - smiley This is only one of the troubles of being low down the food chain smiley - sadface Anyhoo this info was only meant to be used on salmon at the end of their spawning run........
BCNU - Crescent

Top Information

Post 5

RedFish ><>

Excuses, excuses, if an elederly person is mudered people are still outraged, why should we fishes feel different?

Top Information

Post 6

Crescent

I prefer to see it as euthanasia, putting a dying fish out of its final decline......
BCNU - Crescent

Top Information

Post 7

Fish Called Honda

Yes, but deliberately killing a fish to then allow yourself to put it out of it's "misery" isn't humane.
Why not let it be misery free by not catching it in the first place?

Top Information

Post 8

Crescent

At the end of the salmon spawning run it is dying anyhoo - it can face its skin sloughing off, sunburn, starvation - this removes this plague of ills smiley - smiley And people have to eat too....
BCNU - Crescent

Top Information

Post 9

Fish Called Honda

What if, like me, you aren't a salmon?

Top Information

Post 10

RedFish ><>

me either, people just make excuses

Top Information

Post 11

Fish Called Honda

Exactly. It is very upsetting and sad. smiley - sadface

Top Information

Post 12

bear_ona_bike

I wonder what Captain Birdseye would say if he knew there were still fish around with enough fingers left to type? smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post