A Conversation for Maltesers

I enjoy them like this...

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

I love maltesers. I have several different ways of enjoying them (some common, some not) 2 of my favourites are:
1. biting them in half and letting the "cut" sides melt on my tongue whilst drinking coffee
2. blending them into a mug of hot milk (like horlicks with cocoa, only somehow the taste is much, much better)

Post 2

Binaryboy

Hello Sho -

Have you ever tried Maltesrer Ice-cream? You can make it with Maltesers, Ovaltine and other icecream stuff. Mmmmm - breakfast of champions.

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

Hi Binaryboy!

no I haven't ... but guess what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow?... Yup, you guessed
Sho *licking lips in anticipation*

Malteser ice cream

Post 4

SupaFurry

Rocombe Farm ice-cream in Torquay [Broken link removed by Moderator] does chocolate malteser ice-cream and it is bloody unbelievable. So much in fact that i'm off to search for some around this infernal tourist-infested town.

t'ra

Malteser ice cream

Post 5

Sho - employed again!

Did you find some? It's not really fair, teasing the have-nots, you know. *sniff sniff*
Still *brightening up* I'm off to fill my car up in a bit, and the petrol station sells maltesers. Yippee! And I'm the only person who buys them, because the Germans haven't cottoned on. Yet.

Malteser ice cream

Post 6

Stephen the Flatulent

You can make your own - sort of. Firstly, I must say that this is not my own idea, but Jamie Oliver's, who is a British TV celebrity chef.

You get a bag of Maltesers, and pierce the bag once. This stops it bursting when you beat the $#!+ out of it with a rolling pin. (This is also, in itself, a great stress-buster). Then you sprinkle the resulting Malteser bits over some decent vanilla ice-cream.

Malteser ice cream

Post 7

SupaFurry

ah no, that cockney/essex lad is oft mistaken. this ice cream that i mentioned before has WHOLE maltesers set in creamy chocolate ice cream. and the lower you get down the tub the more maltesers you come across as theyve sunk a bit. mm. oh bugger, i want some again now, be back soon....

Malteser ice cream

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

In an alarming coincidence I was dreaming about Jamie Oliver 2 nights ago (but there weren't any maltesers in it - dammit) I like the sound of this but have to say that the idea of whole maltesers in ice-cream is making me want to pack up my house and move back to UK...

Malteser ice cream

Post 9

Sho - employed again!

I was thinking about your ice-cream on my way to work, and working out how I could make some. Still no answers, but I thought that at the weekend I would try something. So, I'm running it by you first, and if you have already tried it, please let me know how it worked out. And it is this: maltesers in the cake layer of a trifle. (and probably used as decoration - whole and crushed - on the top). So what do you think - will it work?

Malteser ice cream

Post 10

Stephen the Flatulent

I wouldn't dare to suggest that the "recipe" I mentioned was even comparable to any of Rocombe Farm's fabulous products. However, if you aren't near to Kingsteignton (I think that's where they are) or a local supplier, it's better than nothing!

Malteser ice cream

Post 11

Stephen the Flatulent

He's (now) a married man!

Malteser ice cream

Post 12

Sho - employed again!

Oh. Shame (not!). I'm actually married to a chef, and (to be brutally honest) I can't recommend them as husbands. Untill you have to arrange a sudden and unexpected dinner for 37 people.
Couldn't make my trifle: because there seems now to be a Germany-wide shortage of the chocolate malty balls we all love so much. Drat.

Malteser ice cream

Post 13

chocoholic

Hiya Sho, I know your still around, don't know about anyone else in this thread. Just to let you know 'Maltesers' is being updated. There's some interesting stuff in these threads. Feel free to join the Chocoholics Delight and help with smiley - choc Entries, I'll be looking for some volunteers to do some field research soon. smiley - whistle

Tsk Tsk, dreaming of Jamie Oliver Sho, smiley - huh you just wait 'til I tell Sean Bean! smiley - evilgrin

smiley - choc

Malteser ice cream

Post 14

chocoholic

Sho, It's Emmily. It was only a smiley - jester you can dream about who you like, I won't really tell Sean, or will I smiley - whistle

Seriously, I'd like to use some of the info in this thread in the Maltesers update (A12180953). Did you ever make that trifle, using Maltesers? sounds lovely smiley - drool

CD/Em
smiley - choc

Malteser ice cream

Post 15

Sho - employed again!

oh my goodness - sorry Emmily, I only just saw this!!

I did make the malteser trifle, it wasn't much good smiley - sadface

but I still make the chocolate drink -it's still yummy

smiley - ok nice update!

Malteser ice cream

Post 16

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Malteser ice cream

Post 17

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

/\ D'oh a smiley - ghost post smiley - laugh

smiley - cheers Sho, I did wonder why you didn't reply. smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Malteser ice cream

Post 18

Sho - employed again!

ooooooooooooo spooky!

Key: Complain about this post