A Conversation for How to eat Weisswurst

Fantastic!

Post 1

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

I love Weisswurst!!!

As I lived over 6 years in Munich, I love this piece of food.
I'm comming to Munich 1 or 2 the year and as my friends knew I love it, they allways organizing a Weisswurstfrühstück for me. It's fun, because we are trying to make a big meeting of us all on this occasion.

I must admit, I'm a traditionalist in case of the mustard: it must be the sweet one; and a Weissbier as well. I never manage to eat it the 'zuzeln'-way, I prefere the second one you described.

But I don't think there are spices in Weisswurst - as I remember the only thing which is added is 'Petersilie'. Oh, what is the English name... Ah, yes 'parsley'.

A fantastic entry, anyway - thanks.

Fantastic!

Post 2

XRGon

Thanks for your agreement! I'm glad to hear that there are still people that stick to traditions!

One remark on spice: I'm not exactly sure which spices are used for making Weisswurst (at least I am sure that Weisswurst contains salt and of course the parsely you mentioned). During my online investigation that I did before writing the article, I found out that there are a number of companies selling Weisswurst spice. Whatever it may contain - at least they call it spice.

So the spice question will remain a riddle until a butcher shows up here...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for How to eat Weisswurst

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more