A Conversation for Konstanz am Bodensee

A362341

Post 1

Inkwash

Got a flatmate from Konstanz who was delighted to see http://www.h2g2/com/A362341 putting it on the web map.
It's a good entry; structured, informative, two-sided, etc and as Konstanz is not an uncommon stopping point for travellers of Europe on their way down through Germany to Switzerland I think it would be nice to see this as a full entry under "The Universe".

A362341

Post 2

MDS

http://www.h2g2.com/A362341

Looks good! Plenty of very useful information.

In terms of Editorial Guidelines, the use of 'I' and 'we' are problematic. I know it's a bit of a drag but these will probably have to be changed.

The reference to the Encyclopedia Britannica might be better at the end of the article. If you prefer not to include a potted history of the town, it is probably safer not to mention it at all.

This will be a very useful addition to the Guide. smiley - smiley

MDS

A362341

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Change the title to "Konstanz am Bodensee, Germany".

I don't think you should list the exchange rate between DM and Sterling, as it will change and also because this guide is supposed to be readable by people outside the UK (even if they have to understand British English). The same applies to the bit about the EU customs laws. Maybe put in something like "residents of the EU can of course ..."

Describing the lake as "sort of like the Red Sea" is not very helpful, as most of us do not know the Red Sea in detail either. Something like "long and thin with a bend in it" or whatever might be useful.

Tir na Nog should be Tir na nOg or better still Tír na nÓg, but it's possible the Germans don't know that.

A362341

Post 4

Inkwash

Actually these comments are best directed to the author. I didn't write the article I just came across it.

Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Konstanz am Bodensee'.

Back to Entry - this was rescued to become Edited Entry A534665 Konstanz, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more