This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Ranting and railing at the universe

Post 561

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Lovely description of the wake and funeral – I almost felt I was there. Ian sounds to have been a wonderful man. You must have been spitting feathers at the care agency, though. smiley - grr I hope Manchester is kind to you - I know from long years of living nearby that it can be wet there. smiley - towel

Lots of love

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 562

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Thanks ZSFsmiley - hugI am still adjusting to life without Ian. smiley - blue

Manchester was indeed a washout, but the 2-day wedding celebrations were greatsmiley - magic

Post 563

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - cuddle Can't imagine how hard that adjusting must still be smiley - sadfacesmiley - cuddlesmiley - smoochsmiley - goodluck

Post 564

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Hey, you two, have you ever seen this film?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk0uVHOcvTw

It's called 'The Marilyn Hotchkiss Dance Studio and Charm School'. We always see these old movies...it's from 2005, I think. Anyhow, GB, we just loved this movie, and I thought of you...and it's got Robert Carlyle in. smiley - hug

Post 565

smiley - hug

It's 6 months to the day since Ian passed. Yesterday his brother-in-law died, RIP Tony, please give Ian my love when you see himsmiley - cry

So another funeral for Caroline and her family. This will be the 6th in 5 years. smiley - rose

smiley - cheers to Tony and Iansmiley - ale

Post 566

smiley - hugsmiley - rose for all your loved ones.

Post 567

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

~ smiley - rose ~

Post 568

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - rose

Post 569

Superfrenchie

smiley - cuddlesmiley - rose

Post 570

Icy North

smiley - candle

Post 571

Caroline is back in England now, caring for a lady in Nottingham, she works for 4 weeks then has 2 weeks off. She's on her first break and arranged to see me today to trim my hair and then I treated her to a carvery lunchsmiley - spork

I am so grateful to still be treated as part of her familysmiley - brave

Today would have been Ian and Margaret's golden wedding anniversary, and the family are scattering his ashes on Margaret and her sister's grave sometime over the weekend, I was asked, but I have decided against.

smiley - rosesmiley - rose

Post 572

smiley - hug

Post 573

SashaQ - happysad

It is lovely to still be part of a family smiley - love

smiley - hug

Post 574

Update, Caroline & Andy have sold their caravan and now moved to Spain permanently but I still expect to see them when they pop over to visit their kids & grandkids. Ian's house remains unsold despite a huge reduction smiley - sadface

I have made plans for the first anniversary of Ian's passing on Friday with Margaret, who goes to the church concerts with me every Friday, and her hubby John who was one of Ian's best friends (I met them through him) we're going for lunch after the concert smiley - smiley

I went to my astronomy club tonight and my old friend John made me laugh, he said he reckoned Ian had been blowing them penalties in for England. smiley - laughsmiley - brave

Post 575

smiley - hug Glad you're all keeping in touch.

Post 576

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - hug

Post 577

Superfrenchie

smiley - hug

Post 578

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyeprice of a caravan sale to be able live permanently in Spain smiley - cool
it costs an arm and a leg to afford living in a dog kennel heresmiley - laughsmiley - laugh(in london that issmiley - winkeye)

Post 579

They already own the apartment in Spain, bought when they sold their detached house. They've been communing between the two countries ever since smiley - smiley

Post 580

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeyeposh buggerssmiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

I can afford 2 bricks towards a bungalow in the Azoressmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more